Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 326442 times)

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #550 on: October 04, 2013, 12:10:56 PM »
I don't have kids and I haven't used my health insurance ever.  I just get the cheapest health insurance possible, just in case.  Are my premiums going to go up?

Of course they will. Have they ever not gone up in the past?
I meant noticeably.

I don't have kids and I haven't used my health insurance ever.  I just get the cheapest health insurance possible, just in case.  Are my premiums going to go up?

You can expect a $100+ per month increase.
I don't know if I believe that.

The Big Train

« Reply #551 on: October 04, 2013, 12:11:55 PM »
I'm sure everyone knows already, but yes, we are 4 days into open enrollment but plans don't start till Jan 1 anyways.  People are going to sign up but currently there isn't a big rush, theres still loads of time.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 04, 2013, 12:15:06 PM »

Of course they will. Have they ever not gone up in the past?
I meant noticeably.

You can expect a $100+ per month increase.
I don't know if I believe that.

I'm assuming he's mid 20's, currently paying around $70 a month, and not poor.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 04, 2013, 12:18:58 PM »
I think it's like $80 a month, but yeah, those things are accurate.  I don't think I'll be paying $180 a month after the affordable health care act kicks in.  I also have no idea, but that wouldn't be neat.

The Big Train

« Reply #554 on: October 04, 2013, 12:24:10 PM »
I think it's like $80 a month, but yeah, those things are accurate.  I don't think I'll be paying $180 a month after the affordable health care act kicks in.  I also have no idea, but that wouldn't be neat.

Depends how long your carrier stays in that state.  Also depends if you get a metallic plan or not.  There are also non-reform compliant plans that will cover you about the same as a traditional major med.  The difference is you would pay the fine plus your non-reform compliant plan premium and it would still be cheaper than a metallic plan.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 04, 2013, 12:34:18 PM »
So all this stuff about overwhelming traffic on the exchanges crashing the websites ended up being a huge lie and almost nobody has signed up for insurance. 

Anyone have a problem with the rediculous propaganda being thrown in our face all day?  Very Nazi Germanyish.

Well if a boatload of sick people with preexisting condition aren't trying to buy subsidized insurance, they're dumbasses.

I'm more interested in this dude "Chad Henderson", who the media seem to be currently slobbering over as a great example of a young, healthy person who bought insurance on the Obamacare exchange because, you know, it's the socially responsible thing to do. I know this sounds cynical, but I almost wonder if he's an Obama volunteer? Has anyone in the media asked him that?

Yeah, why would a healthy 21 year old ever need to buy health insurance? Something is definitely fishy here.

Nuts, when are you going to figure out that when I ask a question, I probably already know the answer? I do appreciate you setting up the punch line, however.

The answer is, no, the media does not appear to be interested in whether Mr. Henderson is an Obama volunteer, but it's right on his LinkedIn page.

Chad Henderson, currently employed at Flinstone Child Care Center (the dude works at a daycare :lol:), and volunteer for Obama's Organizing for America. (Oops...)

HA! We nailed this guy! He's just a lousy Obamateer signing up for health insurance because he wants to keep his Obamaphone and Obamafood. It has nothing to do with worrying about getting sick or injured at all.

Always missing the point. Dontcha think that maybe, just maybe, this is something the media should have investigated/reported before holding him up as the Obamacare poster child? Nope, nothing to see here! The media will always need a Chad Henderson or a Sandra Fluke to advance the narrative, and the Democrat machine will happily provide them.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 04, 2013, 12:37:32 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/09/30/five-reasons-americans-already-love-obamacare-plus-one-reason-why-theyre-gonna/

You can add a seventh reason to that list: a recently unearthed provision that everyone gets a free puppy, too! I mean, Americans might not "love" Obamacare so much when find out what all this "free" stuff actually costs, but I guess that wasn't the point of the op-ed. Kudos to FoxNews for being "fair and balanced" though. They always keep a few token libtards on the payroll.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

The Big Train

« Reply #558 on: October 04, 2013, 12:41:13 PM »
Just received this article from someone in my organization.

http://www.infowars.com/obamacare-fines-to-be-seized-from-bank-accounts/

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 04, 2013, 12:55:46 PM »

what kind of "organization" sends links to infowars? like, your wow clan?

The Big Train

« Reply #560 on: October 04, 2013, 12:59:07 PM »

Halo 4 Clan

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 04, 2013, 01:08:48 PM »

Yes, by a lot.  Insurance companies are going to be all like, "Oh, crap!  Obamacare!  Didn't see that one coming!"

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #562 on: October 04, 2013, 01:09:38 PM »

#libtardpost
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 04, 2013, 01:10:58 PM »
Creating federal policy based on an anecdote named chad is the reason this law is so mumped up in the first place.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 04, 2013, 01:13:01 PM »
Creating federal policy based on an anecdote named chad is the reason this law is so mumped up in the first place.

I'm pretty sure this policy was created well before anybody ever heard of Obamachad, but maybe I'm wrong. :dunno:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 04, 2013, 01:16:17 PM »

I'm pretty sure this policy was created well before anybody ever heard of Obamachad, but maybe I'm wrong. :dunno:

Stop being a Dumbass.

Also, lol at the guy who thinks Obama is cutting the deficit.  More disingenuous than the congress exempt from aca nonsense I started.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 04, 2013, 02:00:46 PM »

Obamachad. I like it. Looks like the White House is now fishing for sob stories about how they've been affected by the SHUTDOWN. Quick, somebody ask Obamachad!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 04, 2013, 02:05:28 PM »
I bet there is an Obamacarrie out there somewhere just waiting tell us all about all the free Obortions she will be having starting in January.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 04, 2013, 06:32:07 PM »
I bet there is an Obamacarrie out there somewhere just waiting tell us all about all the free Obortions she will be having starting in January.

That's good.

And now it turns out Obamachad is more than just an activist, he's a liar. Never bought a plan, just tweeted his story to some news outlets to advance the cause. And the media did not fact check because... it advanced the cause. Just another pathetic example of media bias.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 04, 2013, 06:34:02 PM »

I don't understand why abortion is limited to unwanted babies.  Why not abort the Chad's of the world?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: October 04, 2013, 07:13:52 PM »
my company is getting taxed for healthcare, and they are passing those taxes on down to me

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 04, 2013, 08:18:54 PM »
my company is getting taxed for healthcare, and they are passing those taxes on down to me

Congratulations.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 04, 2013, 09:42:23 PM »
Our health insurance has gone up a crap ton. Don't like it 1 bit.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 06, 2013, 09:31:12 AM »
My insurance went down.

I think some of you need to switch employers.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 06, 2013, 09:35:38 AM »
my contribution went up like $2.60.  obama!  :shakesfist: