Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 326444 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #300 on: August 07, 2013, 07:55:25 PM »
:lol: :thumbs: :party: :lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
"Obamacare"
« Reply #301 on: August 07, 2013, 07:57:49 PM »
:lol:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #302 on: August 07, 2013, 07:58:26 PM »
 :facepalm:

At first it was funny, now its just sad. T&P
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 07, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »
Libtards gonna 'tard I guess 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 07, 2013, 08:04:19 PM »

It is a fact of life.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 07, 2013, 10:15:55 PM »
 :lol:

ok

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 08, 2013, 08:24:33 AM »
Can somebody explain to me how exactly my healthcare is going to be changed by this Obamacare bill? I honestly still have no idea.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 08, 2013, 09:08:09 AM »
Can somebody explain to me how exactly my healthcare is going to be changed by this Obamacare bill? I honestly still have no idea.
I have no idea but my companies insurance went up 21% from last year to this year for the same coverage.  I don't participate in the plan but it was a huge deal to those that do, compounded by a dumb decision by the boss man.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 08, 2013, 09:09:20 AM »
I have no idea but my companies insurance went up 21% from last year to this year for the same coverage.  I don't participate in the plan but it was a huge deal to those that do, compounded by a dumb decision by the boss man.

How much did it go up the year before? What did your boss do to make it worse?

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 08, 2013, 09:33:22 AM »

How much did it go up the year before? What did your boss do to make it worse?
It did not increase any the previous year.  My company has OK insurance but about half of our employees have wives w/ jobs that have better insurance and do not participate.  Boss man wants to control health insurance costs and takes total company contribution from last year and divides it across all employees, even though half do not participate, resulting in huge out of pocket increases for those in the plan.  Not sure what the rationale for the change was but might have been that since other plans might change too our plan might become more attractive and everyone would come onto it and there would be no money to pay for it.  But we talked boss man down and everything worked out ok.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:38:27 AM by Fedor »

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 08, 2013, 09:37:06 AM »
we need to have a quote function work shop or something

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 08, 2013, 09:38:51 AM »
Whatever do you mean?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 08, 2013, 09:47:27 AM »

That depends upon a great many factors, and whether you are talking about your health insurance or healthcare, which are two different things. Currently insured? Current coverage? Uninsured with preexisting conditions? Do you buy from your employer (hint, you're buying it whether it is a "free" benefit or not) or on the individual market? Kansas? Income matter, too. If your income is a certain level (up to 400% of the poverty line) you'll also be eligible for at least a partial taxpayer handout to help pay for the much more expensive individual market insurance.

Most people who get their insurance through their employer will likely not see much change in the short run. Premiums will continue to rise, but that's not exactly new. If you've got one of those wonderful HDHP/HSAs, it's still unknown exactly how Obamacare's minimum coverage mandates may eff with them, so keep your fingers crossed.

As for healthcare in general, the whole Obamacare program can basically be analogized to a massive expansion of Medicaid. Doctors already don't like Medicaid because (1) Medicaid patients generally suck, and (2) Medicaid usually lower reimbursement rates. We already have a growing doctor shortage in this country, and Obamacare is going to make this worse. Couple that with the massive influx of new taxpayer subsidized patients, and yeah, healthcare is going to get worse unless you're one of those taxpayer subsidized patients, for which it may get marginally better.

Good luck!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 08, 2013, 09:58:13 AM »
So basically, rates will go up but everything else stays exactly the same?

Do you think we would have more doctors if they were compensated better than they currently are? I have a hard time believing that would be the case. I do think we would have more doctors if we would invest in additional med schools, though. It seems like creating additional opportunities would lower the cost of becoming a doctor, and the increased number of doctors would lead to more choices and lower prices for patients, too.

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 08, 2013, 10:00:38 AM »
Won't healthcare in the US just evolve into the same as most other countries with nationalized healthcare: an expensive private system with good doctors and facilities for those that can afford it; and a free  system that's crappy for everyone else?

Basically the same as education, right?

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 08, 2013, 12:10:14 PM »
Whatever do you mean?

« Last Edit: Today at 09:38:27 AM by Fedor »

:chainsaw:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 08, 2013, 12:13:31 PM »
Won't healthcare in the US just evolve into the same as most other countries with nationalized healthcare: an expensive private system with good doctors and facilities for those that can afford it; and a free  system that's crappy for everyone else?

Hopefully

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 08, 2013, 01:09:12 PM »
Whatever do you mean?

« Last Edit: Today at 09:38:27 AM by Fedor »

:chainsaw:
:gocho:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 08, 2013, 01:58:32 PM »
Wrong, obamacare is not real, it is a carefully placed straw man fabricated by the gop, foxnews and talk radio in connection with a vast right wing conspiracy all just to make Obama look bad.  It has no effect on insurance whatsoever, nor will it impact your life.

Jeez, don't you guys read the "real" news

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 08, 2013, 02:05:34 PM »
Wrong, obamacare is not real, it is a carefully placed straw man fabricated by the gop, foxnews and talk radio in connection with a vast right wing conspiracy all just to make Obama look bad.  It has no effect on insurance whatsoever, nor will it impact your life.

Jeez, don't you guys read the "real" news

It's like an ultra conservative version of The Onion

:D

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 08, 2013, 07:59:05 PM »

probably.  and what you just described sounds very american/awesome.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 09, 2013, 10:35:07 AM »

probably.  and what you just described sounds very american/awesome.

Except it won't be "free" - not by a long shot.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 09, 2013, 03:47:41 PM »
Millions of people will have access to healthcare who otherwise might not have been able to afford it, and millions of those people will be able to live healthy, productive lives because of it.  The butthurt crew is just going to have to learn to accept it.

The Big Train

« Reply #323 on: August 09, 2013, 03:52:58 PM »
Millions of people will have access to healthcare who otherwise might not have been able to afford it, and millions of those people will be able to live healthy, productive lives because of it.  The butthurt crew is just going to have to learn to accept it.

You be the judge if this is affordable.

http://www.healthedeals.com/health-care-reform-calculator

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 09, 2013, 04:11:52 PM »
I think it will push most single people between 20 and 40 out of the insurance market and just pay the penalty. Now that there are no pre-existing conditions, you can just sign up when you need it.