Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 326522 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
"Obamacare"
« Reply #250 on: June 21, 2013, 10:48:05 PM »
should be talking to experts instead of polling people that don't know what they're talking about.

Stud friend of Steve Dave wishes dumbasses wouldn't be so dumbassy

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #251 on: June 21, 2013, 10:51:54 PM »
I heard an actuary speak about health care reform and all the stuff he was doing to prepare for it. Pretty interesting stuff! His conclusion thus far was that young and middle aged people will pay more and older people will get a break, but he had a wait until October and see approach. 
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
"Obamacare"
« Reply #252 on: June 21, 2013, 11:00:51 PM »
eff THAT!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 22, 2013, 02:51:18 PM »
I heard an actuary speak about health care reform and all the stuff he was doing to prepare for it. Pretty interesting stuff! His conclusion thus far was that young and middle aged people will pay more and older people will get a break, but he had a wait until October and see approach.

It's really funny that there are still people who are just figuring this out.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 03, 2013, 08:38:26 AM »
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:42:03 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 03, 2013, 11:38:03 AM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 01, 2013, 02:28:51 PM »

The Obamacare enforcers want nothing to do with using it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 01, 2013, 02:39:56 PM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 02, 2013, 08:18:16 AM »
rough ridin' rats. Congress exempts themselves from ObamaCare.

Lawmakers and staff can breathe easy — their health care tab is not going to soar next year.

The Office of Personnel Management, under heavy pressure from Capitol Hill, will issue a ruling that says the government can continue to make a contribution to the health care premiums of members of Congress and their aides, according to several Hill sources. A White House official confirmed the deal and said the proposed regulations will be issued next week.

Just Wednesday, POLITICO reported that President Barack Obama told Democratic senators that he was personally involved in finding a solution. The problem was rooted in the original text of the Affordable Care Act. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) inserted a provision which said members of Congress and their aides must be covered by plans “created” by the law or “offered through an exchange.” Until now, OPM had not said if the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program could contribute premium payments toward plans on the exchange. If payments stopped, lawmakers and aides would have faced thousands of dollars in additional premium payments each year. Under the old system, the government contributed nearly 75 percent of premium payments.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 02, 2013, 01:17:01 PM »
I thought the only way this was going to work was if EVERYONE participated. Looks like the young, healthy, and wealthy will be paying most of the premiums and taxes to support the rest. Hey, that's us!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 02, 2013, 01:31:17 PM »
I thought the only way this was going to work was if EVERYONE participated. Looks like the young, healthy, and wealthy will be paying most of the premiums and taxes to support the rest. Hey, that's us!

I don't think you or your moderate friend K-S-U-Wildcats! understand what is going on here.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 02, 2013, 02:18:48 PM »

I don't think you or your moderate friend K-S-U-Wildcats! understand what is going on here.

Unions and gov workers with "Cadillac" policies don't want to pay extra or downgrade their services. Pretty simple.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 02, 2013, 03:05:41 PM »

Unions and gov workers with "Cadillac" policies don't want to pay extra or downgrade their services. Pretty simple.

confirmed

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 02, 2013, 03:59:24 PM »

confirmed

You have the ultimate BBS style.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2013, 01:48:13 PM »
Millions of people (moms, dads, sisters, brothers, uncles, aunts, grandmothers, grandfathers, friends, coworkers, wives, husbands, etc) will have access to healthcare because of the new law.  Potentially paying a little more each month is worth it to a lot of people who care about other human beings.  Some early indications are that the new market-based exchange system will actually lower costs, so hey, let's wait and see how this all plays out before we get all pissed about it and act like a bunch of dickheads.  K?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2013, 01:55:18 PM »
I think the bill sucks and we need single payer.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 03, 2013, 02:01:19 PM »
Millions of people (moms, dads, sisters, brothers, uncles, aunts, grandmothers, grandfathers, friends, coworkers, wives, husbands, etc) will have access to healthcare because of the new law.  Potentially paying a little more each month is worth it to a lot of people who care about other human beings.  Some early indications are that the new market-based exchange system will actually lower costs, so hey, let's wait and see how this all plays out before we get all pissed about it and act like a bunch of dickheads.  K?

You should be protesting against any union, company, or government agency getting any kind of exemption. Any person that receives a penny from tax dollars should be in an exchange.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 03, 2013, 02:09:58 PM »
god dammit congress

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 03, 2013, 02:12:44 PM »

I want single payer as well, but Republicans would never have accepted that, and you know it.  This new law is the "compromise" that was accepted, and now here I sit defending what's essentially the Heritage Foundation's healthcare plan (while butthurt Republicans throw their post-election temper tantrum).

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 03, 2013, 02:15:38 PM »
Lets all dish out more in taxes so we can pay for illegal immigrants healthcare while they steal our jobs. :shakesfist: You rough ridin' hippies!!!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #270 on: August 03, 2013, 03:09:19 PM »
Lets all dish out more in taxes so we can pay for illegal immigrants healthcare while they steal our jobs. :shakesfist: You rough ridin' hippies!!!

agreed

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 03, 2013, 03:35:14 PM »

wut

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 04, 2013, 01:20:20 AM »

:lol:

Did fanning's old radio station go full Spanish or something?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #273 on: August 04, 2013, 07:21:08 AM »

I want single payer as well, but Republicans would never have accepted that, and you know it.  This new law is the "compromise" that was accepted, and now here I sit defending what's essentially the Heritage Foundation's healthcare plan (while butthurt Republicans throw their post-election temper tantrum).

The existing plan was a compromise among democrats you nitwit.  Remember Obama "the great bipartisan" told republicans they were "going it alone" and instituted the "nuclear option".

The law is a total rough ridin' abortion, which is probably why leftist retards love it so much.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 05, 2013, 08:54:01 PM »
Daily Kos: I'm about to pay $8665 a year for crappy high deductible insurance in NYS

:lol: Oh boy, some real gems here. Nothing more enjoyable than seeing the dumbfuck Obamabots react as the bill comes due...

I am a fierce champion of single payer. I am on the board of California OneCare, one of the most active single payer organizations in California. But right now, we are several heartbeats away from the opening of the health insurance exchanges. So let's take a real world look at what we might expect.

Take a deep breath and continue reading.

Hee hee. Yeah, take a deep breath. Then just bend over and try to relax...

And I love that this is now the best the libtards have: "if only we had gotten single payer like the NHS and put the government totally in charge!" :lol:

The task facing the administration is Herculean,  quite literally changing the psyche of the American people.

Wait, you mean that's hard to do? I thought that was what progressivism was all about.

We've segued from each man/woman for herself, to we're all in this together.

'Cause, you know, it takes a village and all that horseshit.

The biggest and most critical hurdle is to sell the young 18-34 year old cohort on the need for them to enroll. Without this group of Americans, which the Administration estimates is around 2.7 million strong, the exchanges will implode due to a phenomenon called adverse selection.

Seriously? Are you rough ridin' serious? You ARE JUST NOW FIGURING THIS OUT?

Despite my grave reservations and deep concern about the implementation of Obamacare, I would urge anyone who can lend a hand, to go to the web site of Enroll America and do whatever you can, to help get young people happily enrolled.  Without their participation, We. Are. Toast.

As Robert Pear wrote yesterday in the New York Times,"For Obamacare to Work, Everyone Must Be In". And the sine qua non of the ACA are the young invincibles who must be persuaded to enroll.

:lol:

The situation in New York State is instructive, and helps explain what it means to be insured, but in reality to be dangerously underinsured.

A few weeks ago, headlines trumpeted that New York would see premiums drop by up to 50%.  This was misleading.  New York had among the highest premiums in the nation because we are a pure community rating, guaranteed issue state--one of six or seven community rating states in the country.

This meant that insurers had to sell insurance to anyone who could pay for it. Pre-existing conditions did not taint New York State. Young and old, all paid the same. So, guess what happened?  Young people dropped out, and the pool shrunk to just people who really needed to be insured--the sick, those with chronic conditions.  New York could brag about offering health insurance to everyone--with one caveat, if you could pay among the highest rates in the country! I would be dead or would have filed for medical bankruptcy, if I weren't a resident of NY State.

Paging Beems... paging Beems.

What we're really seeing play out is an overhaul of the insurance model codified by the Affordable Care Act.  It will be all but impossible (except for the mega rich), to buy insurance offering what is called first dollar coverage.  This means we will all be required to pay steep premiums and deductibles but may not have the financial resources to actually access healthcare.

As I like to say, you don't have to believe me, but you should trust theJournal of General Internal Medicinewhich made exactly this point.

“Obamacare is making underinsurance the new normal,” said Woolhandler. “It will reduce the number of uninsured from 50 million to 30 million, but the new coverage is full of holes. Americans deserve the kind of first-dollar, comprehensive coverage that Canadians already have. But that’s only affordable under a single-payer system that cuts out the private insurance middlemen.”

Yes, thanks to the ACA, there are a couple of preventative screenings included in these huge costs, but overall, what we have going on here is a huge shifting of costs onto the backs of the insured.

Again, ARE YOU rough ridin' KIDDING ME? How is this news? Oh wait, you're a rough ridin' libtard moron.

I am reminded on days like today, that President Obama campaigned on the idea that people like me would see something like a $2500 reduction in health insurance costs.

What was I thinking?