Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 326680 times)

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #2300 on: December 02, 2015, 12:22:42 PM »
We have UHC, they're great, yeah premiums went up but so what.  We had over 70k in med bills couple years ago, and all we paid was our max out of pocket expense of 5k.  This year due to an injury for my daughter we had 25k med bills, once again paid 5k out of pocket max.  Also checkups for the kids and flu shots are covered as preventative maintenance.

Go insurance companies!
@lopakman

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: December 02, 2015, 03:24:58 PM »
Sounds like obamacare has really mumped us all  :frown:

My coverage has gotten progressively worse each year. I do not like the ACA but I'm not going to blame greedy insurance companies on it.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: December 02, 2015, 04:33:54 PM »
Here is the next fight. Where will Team Obama illegally appropriate the bailout to prop up its precious law? (Oh, and another reason to love Rubio.) http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/as-exchanges-falter-team-obamacare-fights-for-an-insurer-bailout/article/2577088

Until recently, the insurance giants saw Obamacare as a cash cow. They are now finding the law's insurance marketplaces to be sickly quagmires causing billions in losses.

In response, the Obamacare insiders — the wealthy and powerful operatives who alternate between top government jobs and top industry jobs — are hustling to find more bailout money for insurers. Republicans, if they are able to hold their ground in the face of lobbyist pressure, can block the bailout of Obamacare and its corporate clientele.

United Healthcare, the nation's largest insurer, last week announced it was suffering huge losses in the exchanges. "We cannot sustain these losses" UHC's CEO said in a conference call, saying conditions for the insurer were "worsening." The company forecast $700 million in losses on the exchanges. Fellow insurance giant Aetna also said it expected to lose money on the exchanges, and other insurers said enrollment was lower than they expected.

Hours after UHC's dire announcement, the Obama administration issued an interesting statement of its own — that it would find a way to get insurers the bailout money congressional Republicans had voted to deny them.

Here's the background: Obamacare included a few provisions intended to smooth over bumps in implementation. One was called "risk corridors" — a three-year safety net for insurers who do much worse than expected, paid for by an extra tax on insurers who do much better.

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) had announced in October that insurers losses for 2014 entitled them to $2.87 billion in bailout payments through "risk corridors." The problem is that super-profitable insurers did not pay nearly that much into the bailout fund.

In late 2014, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., inserted into the so-called Cromnibus spending bill a provision that prohibited CMS from paying out more in risk corridor payments than it takes in. Profitable insurers — not taxpayers — must subsidize their less profitable peers.

Since insurers' excess losses in 2014 outweighed their excess profits by an 8-to-1 margin, each money-losing insurer will get only one eighth of the bailout money it would otherwise recoup.

Where o where will these crony capitalist whores get their taxpayer bailout? :cry:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2303 on: December 02, 2015, 04:40:03 PM »

My coverage has gotten progressively worse each year. I do not like the ACA but I'm not going to blame greedy insurance companies on it.

The most likely culprit after Big Oil, Wall Street Fat Cats and Evil Corporations. . . at least in libtard fantasy land.

I mean, the insurance companies are being forced to subsidize the crap ACA, which really isn't congruent with greed. And the law dictates precisely what coverage must be offered and at what permissible rates. Libtards gonna libtard I guess.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: December 02, 2015, 04:43:02 PM »
When I worked for a shitty company I had to pay premiums also. Ts&Ps dax

Just 10% of the premiums CRPLJB.    They're taking from you somewhere else, I'm sure.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: December 02, 2015, 04:48:14 PM »

Just 10% of the premiums CRPLJB.    They're taking from you somewhere else, I'm sure.

That was rusty's argument years ago, yet he has apparently flip flopped recently.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: December 02, 2015, 04:49:36 PM »

That was rusty's argument years ago, yet he has apparently flip flopped recently.

No way.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: December 02, 2015, 05:02:47 PM »
:surprised:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: December 02, 2015, 05:03:15 PM »
and yeah, no crap they're taking it away from my salary dipshits. :lol:

just work harder and quit whining

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: December 02, 2015, 05:05:58 PM »
my new job pays for all my health care and deductible, so I guess the lesson here is to work harder and maybe you can all get a better job, too.

This was one of the arguments against implementing Obamacare years ago.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: December 02, 2015, 05:29:44 PM »

The most likely culprit after Big Oil, Wall Street Fat Cats and Evil Corporations. . . at least in libtard fantasy land.

I mean, the insurance companies are being forced to subsidize the crap ACA, which really isn't congruent with greed. And the law dictates precisely what coverage must be offered and at what permissible rates. Libtards gonna libtard I guess.

It dictates what the bare minimums are and plans are getting stripped down to do just that but whatever, you do you. You are so thirsty for a fight that you are arguing with someone that doesn't favor the ACA. Would it make you feel better if I called it Obamacare and called Obama names?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: December 02, 2015, 05:31:31 PM »
Single payer here we come!   :Woot:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: December 02, 2015, 05:32:56 PM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: December 02, 2015, 08:13:52 PM »
Obamacare is so shitty that MIR and I agree it's shitty. How shitty? That shitty.  :cheers:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: December 02, 2015, 08:40:51 PM »
Sounds like everybody here has some good healthcare!  T's and P's dax and mir.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: December 02, 2015, 09:53:23 PM »
Naw, I'm good.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: December 02, 2015, 10:33:15 PM »
We'll all be fine. It's America that will be totally ruined by Obamacare.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: December 02, 2015, 10:41:11 PM »

It dictates what the bare minimums are and plans are getting stripped down to do just that but whatever, you do you. You are so thirsty for a fight that you are arguing with someone that doesn't favor the ACA. Would it make you feel better if I called it Obamacare and called Obama names?

Yes, that would amuse me.

Also, everyone does the bare minimum when it comes to regulatory compliance, idiot. That's like the number 1 argument against regulating the crap out of everything. Everybody spends all their time making sure they're doing the bare minimum.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: December 02, 2015, 10:47:17 PM »
how can we stop spending redic amounts of money on babies and old people?  Depending on what study you look at something like 5 % of the population generate 50% of health care expenditures and 20% generate 80%, much of it being driven by complicated infant care and end stages of life care. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: December 02, 2015, 10:48:07 PM »
ok death panelist willie

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: December 02, 2015, 10:48:51 PM »
so probably nothing then?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: December 02, 2015, 10:50:11 PM »
i could probably be talked into a maximum age limit

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: December 02, 2015, 10:51:25 PM »
I'm sure the 5% of people paying 80% of the taxes would like to know.

What we know doesn't work: ACA

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: December 02, 2015, 10:54:59 PM »

i could probably be talked into a maximum age limit

im going to need some kind of commitment on  the infants too

Offline star seed 7