Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 326495 times)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #1975 on: October 15, 2014, 03:06:00 PM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: October 16, 2014, 01:29:21 PM »
Politico says they're going up in most states. A lot. http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/obamacare-insurance-rates-2014-elections-111813.html
Surprise KSUW lies once again
The attacks could easily give the impression that the health care law is causing premiums to go through the roof around the country. They’re not. In reality, in most states, premiums for coverage in the Obamacare health insurance exchanges for 2015 are rising at about the normal rate for health insurance throughout the country. In some places, they’re even going down.
But there are a few states that are facing more extreme premium increases from some insurers — and Louisiana and Iowa are two of them. Alaska, where Democratic Sen. Mark Begich is struggling to win a second term, is another one.
Even there, it’s not all insurers that are raising rates that much. Louisiana, for example, is only announcing rates for the insurers that are raising rates by 10 percent or more, so the picture that’s being made public is incomplete.

Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: October 16, 2014, 02:16:14 PM »
Politico says they're going up in most states. A lot. http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/obamacare-insurance-rates-2014-elections-111813.html
The attacks could easily give the impression that the health care law is causing premiums to go through the roof around the country. They’re not. In reality, in most states, premiums for coverage in the Obamacare health insurance exchanges for 2015 are rising at about the normal rate for health insurance throughout the country. In some places, they’re even going down.
But there are a few states that are facing more extreme premium increases from some insurers — and Louisiana and Iowa are two of them. Alaska, where Democratic Sen. Mark Begich is struggling to win a second term, is another one.
Even there, it’s not all insurers that are raising rates that much. Louisiana, for example, is only announcing rates for the insurers that are raising rates by 10 percent or more, so the picture that’s being made public is incomplete.

Sorry, as the article I linked says, premiums are going up in most states, and a lot in a few. But by all means, quibble away in defense of this turd of a law.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: October 16, 2014, 03:45:36 PM »
I thought the reason for Obamacare was to lower premiums for everyone? Instead, rates are only increasing at the normal rate plus we are subsidizing a few million more policies.  :flush:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: October 16, 2014, 05:45:26 PM »
Healthcare for a few million people, Yuck!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1980 on: October 16, 2014, 08:43:35 PM »
By its own account, Obamacare has had virtually zero effect on lowering the number of uninsured.

Saying that premiums are going up at normal rates is disingenuous as 1) it's by and large a false statement and 2) one of the principle purposes of the law was to curtail rapidly rising premiums (which are post facto referred to as "normal").

Edna long ago demonstrated that she feeds at the trough of think progress, and similar leftist propaganda mills, such that her ignorance warrants no response.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: October 16, 2014, 09:03:06 PM »
Looking at the CNS Family premium data over time, this yr we went on BSBC through the marketplace and this is the first yr since college that my premium went down for equal covg.  We had a couple years where our plan went up by 11-16%.  It leveled out the last few yrs, but it was pretty rough ridin' crazy for a three or four yr period a while ago.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: October 16, 2014, 09:07:29 PM »
The exchange was cheaper than employer subsidized coverage cns?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: October 16, 2014, 09:08:38 PM »
By $100

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: October 16, 2014, 09:11:06 PM »
I mean, we get the buy up PPO and not the high deductible plan since we have young and active kids.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: October 16, 2014, 09:18:06 PM »
I mean, we get the buy up PPO and not the high deductible plan since we have young and active kids.

there you go.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: October 16, 2014, 09:20:39 PM »
All dumbasses think their premium is cheaper when really their out of pocket about 1000% more and they are too stupid to realize it.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: October 16, 2014, 09:42:14 PM »

Sorry, as the article I linked says, premiums are going up in most states, and a lot in a few. But by all means, quibble away in defense of this turd of a law.
LOL where do you think it got the quote from dumbass
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: October 16, 2014, 09:47:12 PM »
By its own account, Obamacare has had virtually zero effect on lowering the number of uninsured.

Saying that premiums are going up at normal rates is disingenuous as 1) it's by and large a false statement and 2) one of the principle purposes of the law was to curtail rapidly rising premiums (which are post facto referred to as "normal").

Edna long ago demonstrated that she feeds at the trough of think progress, and similar leftist propaganda mills, such that her ignorance warrants no response.

LOL more blatant lies from the Fake and KSUW
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/16/us/number-of-americans-without-health-insurance-falls-survey-shows.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpSum&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=1
ACA has caused a decrease in the number of uninsured
ACA has actually cased a decrease in premiums in some states (from KSUW own source  :ROFL:)

Yeah I'm sorry my ignorance is based on facts and not rhetoric, I know that something your camp has trouble with.  Don't get too frothy in your response.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: October 16, 2014, 09:52:18 PM »

JFC. That was my point you dumbshit. I'm not hiding anything.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: October 16, 2014, 09:58:25 PM »
Edna thinks every insured person is insured because of ACA and every non voter couldn't do so because of the ID requirement.  She is a dimwit.

By its own account,  ACA is a complete failure. By anecdote it's single handily responsible for all that is good and nothing that is bad.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: October 16, 2014, 09:59:10 PM »

JFC. That was my point you dumbshit. I'm not hiding anything.
Serious question: Is english your first language? 

you are obviously making the point that those increases were contingent on the ACA, which isn't true. 

There is a reason why red states are turning to ACA, because its working better than the old system.  Continue to live in fear though. 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: October 16, 2014, 10:07:22 PM »
Blatant lies

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: October 16, 2014, 10:10:59 PM »
My opinions are based upon facts, not rhetoric

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: October 16, 2014, 10:13:07 PM »
Red States are turning to ACA

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: October 16, 2014, 10:20:59 PM »
Well, this dumbass understands how to read a benefits coverage detail.  The only out of pocket increse was the one for emergency room use.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: October 16, 2014, 10:26:40 PM »
Well, this dumbass understands how to read a benefits coverage detail.  The only out of pocket increse was the one for emergency room use.

Sorry, meant dumbasses generally,  not specifically you, dumbass.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: October 16, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »
Red States are turning to ACA

ooops my bad, blue states like Iowa and West Virginia 

lulz

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: November 07, 2014, 01:33:08 PM »
Roberts is going to get another chance to apply the ACA as written. Will he redeem himself?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/07/supreme-court-obama-health-care/18387167/

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: November 09, 2014, 10:14:27 PM »
Hit myself in the head with a hammer, but there are some things I like about the Affordable Care Act, but itnneeds to be fixed.  Now we can get some sense built into by Republicans.