Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 324021 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #1950 on: October 06, 2014, 01:20:06 AM »
Edna, let's stop pretending that "modern day healthcare" isn't anachronistic as eff. K? Thx
I don't think that word means what you think it means.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: October 08, 2014, 10:58:03 AM »
Gallup: Number of Democrats who say Obamacare has hurt them is up by 10 points. These same dumbasses will continue to vote for Democrats.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: October 08, 2014, 11:17:37 PM »
It's kinda of... I don't know what the right word for it is - how as corrupt and incompetent as our government has proven to be, so many people still want to put it in charge of our healthcare, or more so than it already is.

I guess it's the desire for more "free" stuff. It's kind of like voluntary imprisonment - you trade in your freedom, the free stuff is crap, and somebody else still ends up paying for it, but it still seems to make some people happy because it's "free" to them. The problem is that they want to impose the same shitty system on everybody else (how else would it be paid for) and most people (I hope) would rather work for a living, enjoy the fruits of their labor, etc.

I can't believe how much of a gasbag you are.  Are you by chance near retirement, or in it now?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1953 on: October 08, 2014, 11:25:28 PM »
Edna, let's stop pretending that "modern day healthcare" isn't anachronistic as eff. K? Thx
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Which word?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: October 09, 2014, 09:01:16 AM »
It's kinda of... I don't know what the right word for it is - how as corrupt and incompetent as our government has proven to be, so many people still want to put it in charge of our healthcare, or more so than it already is.

I guess it's the desire for more "free" stuff. It's kind of like voluntary imprisonment - you trade in your freedom, the free stuff is crap, and somebody else still ends up paying for it, but it still seems to make some people happy because it's "free" to them. The problem is that they want to impose the same shitty system on everybody else (how else would it be paid for) and most people (I hope) would rather work for a living, enjoy the fruits of their labor, etc.

I can't believe how much of a gasbag you are.  Are you by chance near retirement, or in it now?

No, I'm early 30s, just entering my prime earning - and fleecing - years. So naturally I'm pretty concerned about the direction this country is headed.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: October 09, 2014, 11:48:47 AM »

No, I'm early 30s, just entering my prime earning - and fleecing - years. So naturally I'm pretty concerned about the direction this country is headed.

I understand your concerns, but I think you may be a little out of touch. I would suggest getting better sources of information.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: October 09, 2014, 12:09:30 PM »
Unhealthy obsession with money distorts his world view
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: October 09, 2014, 10:52:35 PM »
Lazy and stupid people are always so jealous of how hard working and smart people have better lives than they do. It's one of my favorite things to laugh at.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: October 09, 2014, 11:03:00 PM »
Obamacare has ruined this country and our collective way of life. Smdh 

The Big Train

« Reply #1959 on: October 09, 2014, 11:07:12 PM »
this is a place to vent Spracne, please continue

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: October 09, 2014, 11:35:19 PM »
The America I grew up in would rather have a young person with leukemia die for lack of insurance than let someone else potentially leach off the communal good will.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: October 09, 2014, 11:36:09 PM »
Id rather kill 1 innocent person than let 9 guilties go free is what im saying.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: October 09, 2014, 11:37:58 PM »
 :clap: amen
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: October 10, 2014, 06:40:19 AM »
If everybody just got jobs and worked hard we wouldn't need welfare

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: October 10, 2014, 08:59:46 AM »
The America I grew up in would rather have a young person with leukemia die for lack of insurance than let someone else potentially leach off the communal good will.

Sorry you grew up in an America without Medicaid, SSI and Medicare. They would have helped out.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: October 10, 2014, 09:29:18 AM »
Opposition to government run healthcare is the same thing as wishing death on a 6 year old, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT!!!!!?????

Before Obama care people were dying in front of hospitals because they didn't have insurance and couldn't get any.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: October 10, 2014, 09:46:14 AM »
Opposition to government run healthcare is the same thing as wishing death on a 6 year old, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT!!!!!?????

Before Obama care people were dying in front of hospitals because they didn't have insurance and couldn't get any.

:Wha: tell me you aren't this dumb......
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: October 10, 2014, 11:21:45 AM »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: October 10, 2014, 11:26:06 AM »
Can we all agree that the previous paradigm for health insurance (minimize and shed risk), while a good business model, sucks for a lot of people with chronic illnesses?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: October 10, 2014, 11:38:53 AM »
Can we all agree that the previous paradigm for health insurance (minimize and shed risk), while a good business model, sucks for a lot of people with chronic illnesses?

We could have had a simple one page insurance regulation that didn't involve the IRS, or even the government in general. But, there probably wouldn't have been free contraception, so the dems would never have voted for it.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: October 10, 2014, 12:15:03 PM »

:lol:

It was a Nancy Pelosi quote

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: October 10, 2014, 12:18:45 PM »

I assume you're talking about lifetime caps on coverage, which everyone agreed could be eliminated at virtually no cost to anyone.

I personally like the idea of paying hundreds of dollars per month to hedge risk against millions of dollars of financial liability.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: October 10, 2014, 12:40:07 PM »

:lol:

It was a Nancy Pelosi quote

:eek:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: October 15, 2014, 09:00:13 AM »
Surprise surprise - CBO revises its phony-balony numbers to show that Obamacare actually will add to the deficit (even after the trillion+ in new taxes). http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/cbo-projections-indicate-obamacare-will-raise-deficits-131-billion_816288.html

Let's be honest, here. The CBO has lost a great deal of credibility in the integrity of their projections and, to be fair, it's not entirely their fault. Legislators have perfected the art of manipulating CBO scoring rules to result in "revenue neutral" findings.

So I don't fault the CBO as much as all the dumbshits who abandoned all common sense and actually believed that subsidizing insurance for millions of Americans, and expanding Medicaid to millions more, wouldn't actually increase the deficit. And again, to be fair, I think a lot of the libtards knew full well that it would - they just lied about it.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: October 15, 2014, 01:40:33 PM »
Things not to release or discuss prior to mid-terms:

1.  New AG-Check
2.  Executive Order(s) on immigration-Check
3. Updated Obamacare Premiums-Check

That's odd. More obfuscation from "the most transparent administration in history." http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/14/obamacare-website-wont-reveal-insurance-costs-for-/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

Politico says they're going up in most states. A lot. http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/obamacare-insurance-rates-2014-elections-111813.html