Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 323933 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #1925 on: October 02, 2014, 10:29:47 PM »
You're the idiot that thinks condoms are tools of genocide, right?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: October 02, 2014, 10:30:59 PM »
Seems like single payer would equate to us all using a VA'ish system.  No thanks.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1927 on: October 02, 2014, 10:37:38 PM »
You're the idiot that thinks condoms are tools of genocide, right?

A condom is something you wear if you don't want to feel the sex you're having. Guys with "stamina" issues buy them.

You're the idiot that wants a single payer system, right?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: October 02, 2014, 10:50:52 PM »
Seems like single payer would equate to us all using a VA'ish system.  No thanks.

Remember when libtards proudly touted the VA as a model for single payer in the US? :lol: Yeah, I do too. That argument seems to have died down recently for some reason...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: October 02, 2014, 10:52:40 PM »
I have done work for the VA on and off for a decade.  Nothing about that system looks good from the angles I have seen, even way before the recent crap v fan.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: October 02, 2014, 11:00:24 PM »
I have done work for the VA on and off for a decade.  Nothing about that system looks good from the angles I have seen, even way before the recent crap v fan.

True, but it would be "free."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: October 03, 2014, 02:01:40 AM »
It's insane that you want to expand the health insurance industry

I'm not in favor of expanding health insurance. I want more competition among insurers and for people to use insurance less, not more.

Obamacare works in the opposite direction, expanding "private" insurance (but not really, after all the subsidies) to the point of collapse, while simultaneously expanding more direct government healthcare (Medicaid). It's a bridge to making our government one unified insurer (single payer), but as I've explained ad nauseum, that's not going to improve healthcare - it will make it worse.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
seriously  :lol: :lol: :lol: IRL funny

Its clear you have NOOOOO idea what insurance is in the United States or how modern healthcare works.  You probably think the gilded age needed just a few entrepreneurs to break up that whole trust and monopoly mess.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: October 03, 2014, 07:18:27 AM »
I would probably want to do some things differently than the VA based on mistakes that have been made in that system but that's just me.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: October 03, 2014, 08:46:29 AM »
If they handled it like everything else lately, it would all just be outsourced to existing companies. And in those cases, everything remains pretty much the same except the routing of money. But, yeah, those fantasy scenarios are more fun to think about, I guess.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: October 03, 2014, 08:51:01 AM »
If they handled it like everything else lately, it would all just be outsourced to existing companies. And in those cases, everything remains pretty much the same except the routing of money. But, yeah, those fantasy scenarios are more fun to think about, I guess.

Single payer sort of flips the market from "what the purchaser is willing to pay" to "what the provider is willing to work for." At least that is the idea behind it that supposedly saves money.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: October 03, 2014, 10:04:31 AM »

Single payer sort of flips the market from "what the purchaser is willing to pay" to "what the provider is willing to work for." At least that is the idea behind it that supposedly saves money.

I don't see how provider pay and the general concept of single payer are necessarily related in any way.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: October 03, 2014, 10:06:29 AM »
Edna, let's stop pretending that "modern day healthcare" isn't anachronistic as eff. K? Thx

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: October 03, 2014, 11:02:04 AM »
It's kinda of... I don't know what the right word for it is - how as corrupt and incompetent as our government has proven to be, so many people still want to put it in charge of our healthcare, or more so than it already is.

I guess it's the desire for more "free" stuff. It's kind of like voluntary imprisonment - you trade in your freedom, the free stuff is crap, and somebody else still ends up paying for it, but it still seems to make some people happy because it's "free" to them. The problem is that they want to impose the same shitty system on everybody else (how else would it be paid for) and most people (I hope) would rather work for a living, enjoy the fruits of their labor, etc.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: October 03, 2014, 11:07:38 AM »
It's kinda of... I don't know what the right word for it is - how as corrupt and incompetent as our government has proven to be, so many people still want to put it in charge of our healthcare, or more so than it already is.

I guess it's the desire for more "free" stuff. It's kind of like voluntary imprisonment - you trade in your freedom, the free stuff is crap, and somebody else still ends up paying for it, but it still seems to make some people happy because it's "free" to them. The problem is that they want to impose the same shitty system on everybody else (how else would it be paid for) and most people (I hope) would rather work for a living, enjoy the fruits of their labor, etc.

Are you talking about military spending or health care?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: October 03, 2014, 11:09:03 AM »
What's Obama cares stance on Ebola and when will this administration classify Ebola as a JV Disease?

:D

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1940 on: October 03, 2014, 11:10:48 AM »
I think the correct term is ObamaScare

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: October 03, 2014, 11:41:40 AM »

Sorry, health care. The military is sort of a necessary government function.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: October 03, 2014, 11:52:58 AM »
sort of

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: October 03, 2014, 11:53:42 AM »

Wut?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: October 03, 2014, 12:08:28 PM »
sort of

It's in the Constitution, I think, but I don't see anything about national healthcare.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: October 03, 2014, 12:13:23 PM »
Well, yeah. Bleedings were what passed for health care when they wrote the constitution.

But as you said, we really only sort of need the current scope of the military. And I agree with you.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: October 03, 2014, 12:41:16 PM »
my benefits stayed the exact same this year.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: October 03, 2014, 01:54:47 PM »
my benefits stayed the exact same this year.

I think it was delayed another year if you get your HC through your employer. Next year is the next round of "I lost my policy and doctor!"

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: October 03, 2014, 01:56:13 PM »
My policy is pretty good. I think it will make the cut.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: October 03, 2014, 02:25:43 PM »
I know we went back and forth about this before, but plans are almost always one year contracts, so to say that they are cancelled isn't very accurate. As for changes, the are VERY few changes due to passed legislation that will occur as almost all went into effect years ago and the ones that are left affect only a handful of people.