Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 324040 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #1650 on: June 30, 2014, 02:43:55 PM »
What if a company has a religious objection vaccinations for children*? (*female only)

http://catholicexchange.com/hpv-vaccine-cant-innoculate-against-immorality

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: June 30, 2014, 02:48:11 PM »
What if a company has a religious objection vaccinations for children*? (*female only)

http://catholicexchange.com/hpv-vaccine-cant-innoculate-against-immorality

I'd be fine with that. I wouldn't work there.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1652 on: June 30, 2014, 02:50:27 PM »
One of the biggest fallacies in the arguments against the opinion is that HL is some how imposing their religious beliefs on employees by not paying for something. This is between the Fed and HL, and it's the Fed imparting their "religious" beliefs on HL and HL seeking protection from the court.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: June 30, 2014, 02:53:56 PM »
Really, the government should just pay for birth control for anyone that wants it. It's bullshit we're asking Hobby Lobby to pay IMO.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: June 30, 2014, 02:55:23 PM »
Really, the government should just pay for birth control for anyone that wants it. It's bullshit we're asking Hobby Lobby to pay IMO.

Yes. And it would not take long at all for taxes to go down.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: June 30, 2014, 02:55:48 PM »
if women just had a penis then this wouldn't be an issue. 

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: June 30, 2014, 02:57:11 PM »

Yes. And it would not take long at all for taxes to go down.

Exactly. Less people on welfare.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: June 30, 2014, 02:59:54 PM »
I think it's bullshit that a corporation can have religious beliefs.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: June 30, 2014, 03:01:10 PM »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Hobby Lobby isn't going to heaven when it dies, regardless of what it believes.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: June 30, 2014, 03:02:29 PM »
like, what if a corporation had a strong religious conviction against women working. would anyone be against the eeo laws that force them to hire women? (prolly)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: June 30, 2014, 03:03:35 PM »
the fact that the court could be asked to decide what is and what isn't sincere religious conviction is also hilarious to me

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: June 30, 2014, 03:04:29 PM »
Yeah, I'm kind of surprised how everyone's talking mostly about the birth control thing and not about how thin of a line is being walked by making this ruling.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: June 30, 2014, 03:06:03 PM »
Yeah, I'm kind of surprised how everyone's talking mostly about the birth control thing and not about how thin of a line is being walked by making this ruling.

looks to me like maybe its this slippery slope thing that everyone is so worried about

what would have happened if hobby lobby was a muslim corporation and used islam to refuse to cover birth control? who (here or anywhere) would be fighting for them then?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: June 30, 2014, 03:06:16 PM »
like, what if a corporation had a strong religious conviction against women working. would anyone be against the eeo laws that force them to hire women? (prolly)

They shouldn't have to hire women.

Midification: The Fed Gov shouldn't be able to force them to hire women. The bold goes for about everything I say in here.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 03:09:26 PM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: June 30, 2014, 03:08:16 PM »

You're going to need to explain yourself.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: June 30, 2014, 03:10:11 PM »

They are a privately owned business. They shouldn't be forced by the federal government to hire anyone, or to do business with anyone.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: June 30, 2014, 03:16:22 PM »

They are a privately owned business. They shouldn't be forced by the federal government to hire anyone, or to do business with anyone.

Ok, well I'll just go on record as disagreeing with that. But business owners are going to have a very hard time convincing a court that their religious beliefs prevent employment of women (unless, that is, you're the Catholic Church).
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: June 30, 2014, 03:17:15 PM »

i get what you're going for with the lassez faire stuff, but the federal gov has the responsibility of protecting minorities from the oppression of the majority. I think the olden days, where the market was more free than now, shows that the free market doesnt have the power or will to give all people, created equal, their fair shake.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: June 30, 2014, 03:17:50 PM »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Hobby Lobby isn't going to heaven when it dies, regardless of what it believes.

The owners might. They're the ones who actually pay for the health insurance - not a fictional entity. Yet another phony argument.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: June 30, 2014, 03:18:44 PM »
Ok, well I'll just go on record as disagreeing with that. But business owners are going to have a very hard time convincing a court that their religious beliefs prevent employment of women (unless, that is, you're the Catholic Church).

but what if, ksuDUB? how are the courts to discern which religious convictions are valid and which are not?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: June 30, 2014, 03:19:06 PM »

There are non-Christian religions out there that are supposed to have the same protections as every other religion, you know. Hell, I could write a book and start my own religion with any rules I want just like L. Ron Hubbard did.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: June 30, 2014, 03:20:35 PM »

but what if, ksuDUB? how are the courts to discern which religious convictions are valid and which are not?

Just like they decide any other issues - they weigh the evidence. Believe it or not, we actually pay judges to think. That's their job. This is no more difficult an issue to ascertain than countless others.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: June 30, 2014, 03:24:35 PM »

i get what you're going for with the lassez faire stuff, but the federal gov has the responsibility of protecting minorities from the oppression of the majority. I think the olden days, where the market was more free than now, shows that the free market doesnt have the power or will to give all people, created equal, their fair shake.

Like protecting the minority of idiots who would choose not to hire women to work at AJ's basket company for whatever reason, when most of society feels that they should be forced to disregard gender when hiring? I agree they should be protected to make their idiotic decisions, at least by the Feds. I'm cool with Kansas or some other state thinking that is a bad idea and making it illegal.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: June 30, 2014, 03:24:55 PM »

There are non-Christian religions out there that are supposed to have the same protections as every other religion, you know. Hell, I could write a book and start my own religion with any rules I want just like L. Ron Hubbard did.

Again, as I just said, we pay judges to use their brains. The "slippery slope" in this instance is a stupid, lazy argument. If someone says "well, the religion I invented a few years makes me morally opposed to hiring blacks and women" they're going to get laughed out of court (and that assumes the judge has a sense of humor).

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: June 30, 2014, 03:27:10 PM »

Like protecting the minority of idiots who would choose not to hire women to work at AJ's basket company for whatever reason, when most of society feels that they should be forced to disregard gender when hiring? I agree they should be protected to make their idiotic decisions, at least by the Feds. I'm cool with Kansas or some other state thinking that is a bad idea and making it illegal.

back in the day, those idiots were the majority