Author Topic: Obama EV O/U 300  (Read 24480 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Obama EV O/U 300
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
Looks like Romney got another good bump from Tuesday's debate that Obama won.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/2012_elections_electoral_college_map.html

I believe these polls are averaged over a rolling three day period, so i would say saturdays results would be the first to reflect any movement from the debate
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2012, 08:51:22 PM »
Looks like Romney got another good bump from Tuesday's debate that Obama won.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/2012_elections_electoral_college_map.html

I believe these polls are averaged over a rolling three day period, so i would say saturdays results would be the first to reflect any movement from the debate

I don't think it's going matter, wetwillie. All that matters now is the economy.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2012, 06:44:55 PM »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2012, 08:10:09 AM »
Under
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2012, 08:51:04 AM »
Under

lol, way over

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com
http://www.realclearpolitics.com
Willard has the lead in only 2 battlegrounds and his lead in Florida is only 1.5%. If the turnout isn't good for the Rs, he may get rolled worse than McCain did.  I guess as we are nearing election day the republican base are having a hard time mustering up the energy for this guy they hated last winter.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2012, 08:55:54 AM »
Romney has a huge lead in the independent vote. 59% to 35%
RIP Fatty

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2012, 08:59:26 AM »
Romney has a huge lead in the independent vote polling. 59% to 35%

I hate people who quote popular vote poll numbers.  That being said if McCain had that margin he still would have lost the popular vote in '08.  I'm sure you knew that though.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2012, 09:10:05 AM »

I hate people who quote popular vote poll numbers.  That being said if McCain had that margin he still would have lost the popular vote in '08.  I'm sure you knew that though.

It's all about getting the Independents and getting your base out. Right now it is equal as far as getting the base out between President Obama and Romney, and every poll I see the Independents are going Romney's way. In 08 President Obama had Independents and his base by a good margin.
RIP Fatty

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2012, 09:19:26 AM »

It's all about getting the Independents and getting your base out. Right now it is equal as far as getting the base out between President Obama and Romney, and every poll I see the Independents are going Romney's way. In 08 President Obama had Independents and his base by a good margin.

Obama has a much larger ground game in states like Ohio and Florida than Romney. He also had a significant advantage in early voting in most of the swing states. That doesn't mean Romney can't win, but it will be incredibly difficult to do so.

Ironically, Romney was more hurt than helped by voter ID laws in places like Pennsylvania and Florida. Both states passed harsh laws that were eventually weakened by the courts and ultimately served as motivation for the same people the laws tried to disenfranchise.

Should be a fun night.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2012, 09:22:55 AM »

Right now it is equal as far as getting the base out between President Obama and Romney

You nor anyone else knows this, JFC stop making up crap for the sake of saying something.

Also was your post supposed to be a rebuttal to my previous post, if so complete non-sequitur.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2012, 09:25:37 AM »
Intrade says I should take the over, so I'll take the over. 'Grats Barry

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2012, 09:26:32 AM »
Being disenfranchised due to voter id laws is a completely different level of butthurt.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2012, 09:26:59 AM »
I think it would be great if Romney won the popular vote and Obama ends up winning the election. Maybe then we could get rid of the electoral college.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2012, 09:28:51 AM »
I think it would be great if Romney won the popular vote and Obama ends up winning the election. Maybe then we could get rid of the electoral college.

Then I could care about my presidential vote!  And presidents might even campaign in Kansas!  :D

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2012, 09:30:11 AM »

Then I could care about my presidential vote!  And presidents might even campaign in Kansas!  :D

Yeah, it would be pretty great. I'm actually considering voting for Romney today because the polling makes it look like this may be a possibility.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2012, 09:32:05 AM »

Yeah, it would be pretty great. I'm actually considering voting for Romney today because the polling makes it look like this may be a possibility.

This would be fantastic. All time levels of butt hurt would occur

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2012, 09:36:43 AM »

Maybe they'll go to a BCS type system. Electoral College, Popular Vote, and Computers all weighted equally at 1/3!

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2012, 09:39:32 AM »

Would be a great troll if all the dems in obviously red states voted Romney to make this happen.  Should have started organizing this earlier.  Could be goEMAWs biggest trophy yet in 2016.

Edit: 'Grats on 10K NK!

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2012, 09:56:48 AM »
the electoral college is a great thing, tards.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2012, 09:58:04 AM »
the electoral college is a great thing, tards.

How so?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2012, 10:00:19 AM »
without it, the candidates will focus all of their time in california, texas, etc.  even worse than they do now.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2012, 10:08:00 AM »
without it, the candidates will focus all of their time in california, texas, etc.  even worse than they do now.

IDGAF if the presidential candidates make a stop in Kansas or any other state. If anything, it would be nice to see the candidates actually campaign in areas where they can reach the most people, rather than focus on loser "battleground" states like Ohio.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Obama EV O/U 300
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2012, 10:11:02 AM »

Candidates don't campaign in California at all.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2012, 10:12:38 AM »

IDGAF if the presidential candidates make a stop in Kansas or any other state. If anything, it would be nice to see the candidates actually campaign in areas where they can reach the most people, rather than focus on loser "battleground" states like Ohio.

i'm just assuming (maybe i'm wrong) that there would still be battleground states...they would just be the bigger states instead of iowa and ohio.