Author Topic: Obama EV O/U 300  (Read 24253 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Obama EV O/U 300
« on: September 17, 2012, 10:28:27 PM »
anyone want to bet?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Obama EV O/U 300
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 10:29:49 PM »
Fund raiser or not Romney is a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 10:46:06 PM »
going to be a bloodbath.  pretty big goof by a big goof, woof.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 11:10:53 PM »
The R's deserve to lose anyway. Maybe Romney came to his conscience and threw in the towel. I agree with everything he said though.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 11:13:16 PM »
God bless twitter for really allowing people to put comments in context.

:flush:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 11:26:10 PM »
The R's deserve to lose anyway. Maybe Romney came to his conscience and threw in the towel. I agree with everything he said though.

So you really believe that all people who pay no taxes vote D?

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 11:30:44 PM »

Well, no. I would imagine most vote D or don't vote at all.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 11:39:12 PM »
this is the video that cost mitt the election:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 11:41:07 PM »

Look at income demographics and then compare the red states to the blue states.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 11:46:08 PM »

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/09/where-are-the-47-of-americans-who-pay-no-income-taxes/262499/#.UFfwM8mD6cs.mailto

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 11:50:17 PM »
what is this thread even about?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 11:53:22 PM »
nevermind.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 11:53:44 PM »

Look at income demographics and then compare the red states to the blue states.

I think that it's perceived that the "47%" would vote for Obama because he would provide them entitlements, but under a Mitt presidency it wouldn't really be much different anyway. There is little difference between the two.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/09/where-are-the-47-of-americans-who-pay-no-income-taxes/262499/#.UFfwM8mD6cs.mailto

I stand corrected, although that doesn't prove that the people with no liability vote for Romney.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 11:56:21 PM »
I stand corrected, although that doesn't prove that the people with no liability vote for Romney.

Poor Republicans who care disproportionately about the gays and abortion and thumping everyone over the head with the Bible absolutely do, and Romney just spat in their faces.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 11:57:17 PM »
Also not paying income tax does not equal no liability. People who don't pay income tax pay other taxes and fees.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 11:59:19 PM »

Poor Republicans who care disproportionately about the gays and abortion and thumping everyone over the head with the Bible absolutely do, and Romney just spat in their faces.

You're probably right. Just saying that map thing is slightly misleading. Not 100% of the people in those states are poor Republicans who care disproportionately about the gays and abortion and thumping everyone over the head with the Bible

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 12:01:55 AM »
I don't really believe that most people who don't pay federal taxes actually realize this. They do pay FICA and state taxes and I'm sure a whole lot of them probably believe they are taxed too much. Then figure in the education and income level of your typical racist, etc. and it's not hard to see that class warfare is not the problem republicans believe it is.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 12:05:46 AM »

You're probably right. Just saying that map thing is slightly misleading. Not 100% of the people in those states are poor Republicans who care disproportionately about the gays and abortion and thumping everyone over the head with the Bible

Of course it's not completely representative. Every state has a diverse set of populations and circumstances. But the map does illustrate the hypocrisy and weakness of Romney's general argument, which is that most blue states are full of loser parasites when really they're the states supporting a number of poor, staunchly Republican states that are sucking in the most federal money.

I mean I don't really care if this sinks Romney or not, I'm voting third party, but I like to tear down bad arguments.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 12:06:32 AM »

That's true, but those states have a whole lot more poor people than the other states that lean left. Rich people only get 1 vote and there really aren't a whole lot of them. Also, due to the electoral college in most states being an all or none deal, even if the poor people were voting D, they aren't winning the state, so those votes don't determine the election at all.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 12:07:32 AM »

But the map does illustrate the hypocrisy and weakness of Romney's general argument

This is what I was trying to say

I mean I don't really care if this sinks Romney or not, I'm voting third party, but I like to tear down bad arguments.

glad to hear this

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 12:11:48 AM »

But the map does illustrate the hypocrisy and weakness of Romney's general argument

I guess I just got a little confused when you said that you agreed with everything he said, then. :cheers:

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 12:15:30 AM »

I guess I just got a little confused when you said that you agreed with everything he said, then. :cheers:

The conversation has evolved since 30 minutes ago. And I've had my melatonin  :zzz:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 12:30:57 AM »
Also not paying income tax does not equal no liability. People who don't pay income tax pay other taxes and fees.

Yeah.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2012/07/taxes-and-rich-0

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 07:25:00 AM »
Just goes to show you what dickbags all of these guys are.  None of them care about anything other than winning the election and gaining power.  Obama doesn't care about the middle class and the poor and Romney doesn't care about the middle class and the rich. 

I am not sure how much any of this matters anyway.  People are so stupid they will probably forget about this by the time they decide if they are going to vote or not.  I mean, it was a video that wasn't a part of the plot of a popular TV show or a new reality show anyway. 

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 12:16:48 PM »
Mitt had no chance before this video surfaced. All he's doing is saying what all Republicans believe anyway--they pound this exact same message every day on TV and radio.  Just like Todd Akin stated the Republican position on abortion.