Author Topic: BITB Today  (Read 96078 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BITB Today
« Reply #575 on: November 07, 2013, 02:13:55 PM »
Have you ever listened to 610 on a weekend morning?  Eek!  They have some eye-talian New Yorker sounding guy talking about gambling....like fingers on a chalk board,  Gross!

OMG PETE! i always love it if i have an early saturday morning errand to run, those 2 goons are fantastic. what part of New York is that accent? i feel like it may be a 1950's Brooklyn accent  :dunno:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 07, 2013, 02:37:26 PM »
If I wasn't so busy listening to Toby Tobin on 980 saturday mornings, I'd def tune into those 610 guys. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 07, 2013, 02:42:45 PM »
Am I a loser if I like the stump the chumps hour?
I like stump the chumps. :sadface:

Its absolutely fine if you like them, I just can't stand it.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 07, 2013, 02:44:00 PM »
If I wasn't so busy listening to Toby Tobin on 980 saturday mornings, I'd def tune into those 610 guys.

Sat mornings are for Click and Clack

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 07, 2013, 02:59:27 PM »
Hey guyz, ben ji chiming in here. I'm not a devoted listener, usually just while I am in the car on the way to work.

Hate fescoe...Just terrible. 810 morning show is alright but nothing great.

Petro has great guests and is alright, the 610 show is decent as well but not as good as border patrol.

I only listen to the afternoon shows on my way home at 5pm so my choices are

1. KK talking to some shitty guest(herm/trent green/mitch/pinkel)
2. 610 Boys talking chefs

Love the 610 boys chemistry, when they had jp pearson join it totally threw everything off, glad to see him leave. I would give them a slight edge over KK unless he is on a rant and trolling peeps.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 07, 2013, 03:12:45 PM »

also, other than their obsession with boobs and stuff, SSJ and Nate are pretty great combo imo
I love when SSJ, Jake and Schwartz are all making stupid puns and sex double entendres and then Nate tries to join in and they all start berating him for having a dirty mind and a filthy mouth.   :lol:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 07, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »
I love Mitch Holthaus and how he refers to the "League" and how many years he's been in the "League."  Conversations between him and BITB are a real treat.   

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 07, 2013, 03:34:14 PM »
Mitch is unbelievable. Have you ever listened to 810 on Monday nights? It's hard to get through. He leads a bar full of fat derps into "put the hammer down, baby" like, every other sentence. It's unreal.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 07, 2013, 03:36:11 PM »
Mitch is unbelievable. Have you ever listened to 810 on Monday nights? It's hard to get through. He leads a bar full of fat derps into "put the hammer down, baby" like, every other sentence. It's unreal.
He's the best pbp in the biz tho.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 07, 2013, 03:46:05 PM »

I actually did listen to one of those shows.  I was on the road for my very lucrative career  :kstategrad: and it was either Mitch or Hawk Talk with Bill Self at the Salty Iquana.  Sadly, I almost didn't choose Mitch. 

Logically, the show was being broadcast from the Gaslight Grill - against the backdrop of the smooth clarinet of Lynn Zimmer and the Jazz Band. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: November 07, 2013, 03:47:59 PM »

Oh man. I love the roll call. "We've got Weird Wolf, Weird Wife, and Weird Cub. Cindy Lou Who and the Lake Lotawana Lake Rats, We've got Suzy Bling Bling!"

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 07, 2013, 04:16:58 PM »

Oh man. I love the roll call. "We've got Weird Wolf, Weird Wife, and Weird Cub. Cindy Lou Who and the Lake Lotawana Lake Rats, We've got Suzy Bling Bling!"

LOL yep

I love how mitch slows down and pauses right before one of his catch phrases and expects everyone in attendance to know exactly which one of his many catch phrases he is about to say and join in with him.    Last week he was trying to get them to say "NINE AND OH" but a few were screwing up and trying to say "PUT THE HAMMER DOWN"

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 07, 2013, 04:22:10 PM »

LOL yep

I love how mitch slows down and pauses right before one of his catch phrases and expects everyone in attendance to know exactly which one of his many catch phrases he is about to say and join in with him.    Last week he was trying to get them to say "NINE AND OH" but a few were screwing up and trying to say "PUT THE HAMMER DOWN"

NFL superfans are a really strange breed of sports fan.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 07, 2013, 04:23:37 PM »
Zubaz NFL fans are the best.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 07, 2013, 05:18:03 PM »

this is a weird opinion for me to understand. i guess you have to be small town kansan to think it, but, my parents went to a non-power conference university, so they didn't GAF about athletics there. however i did not miss a chiefs game my entire childhood and my dad's mood varied tremendously based on if the chiefs won or not. i never GAF about a college game until i thought the '03 OU beatdown was awesome. Why is it weird for fans to be superfans of NFL teams?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 07, 2013, 05:48:21 PM »
It's not because they like an NFL team, it's because they are generally weird people.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 07, 2013, 05:51:09 PM »
college fans are just as weird. there's definitely a vibe here at goKANSAS.com that it's weird for someone to be a fan of an entity EVEN THOUGH THAT ENTITY IS NOT A SCHOOL  :runaway:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 07, 2013, 06:36:04 PM »

this is a weird opinion for me to understand. i guess you have to be small town kansan to think it, but, my parents went to a non-power conference university, so they didn't GAF about athletics there. however i did not miss a chiefs game my entire childhood and my dad's mood varied tremendously based on if the chiefs won or not. i never GAF about a college game until i thought the '03 OU beatdown was awesome. Why is it weird for fans to be superfans of NFL teams?

I didn't mean all NFL fans are weird. Plenty of diehards are pretty normal. But the superfans, like the ones that go to the Chiefs' Kingdom show, are a strange group of people. Fans that dress up in weird stuff for every game, etc.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 07, 2013, 06:51:03 PM »
IMO, NFL diehards are people who didn't go to college.   :dunno: 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 07, 2013, 06:58:53 PM »

True.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 07, 2013, 07:05:39 PM »
i could have a pretty skewed view, but NFL diehard in salina kansas is not a pretty sight.  i only imagine it to be marginally "better" in the actual city of the team

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 07, 2013, 07:35:55 PM »
Petro is not smart, he is just good at convincing people that aren't smart that he is smart.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 07, 2013, 07:42:19 PM »
i could have a pretty skewed view, but NFL diehard in salina kansas is not a pretty sight.  i only imagine it to be marginally "better" in the actual city of the team

That's been my experience.  Pro sports nuts are typically pretty low-class.  In my experience.  Like college sports nuts that aren't alums.  Often low-class. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 07, 2013, 07:42:26 PM »

True.
This is what I've always thought. The kind of fan that when the chiefs lose they drive back to their St Joe house with the broken down car in the front yard and kick their dog. That's what I visualize at least.
I'm purple down

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 07, 2013, 08:11:31 PM »

LOL yep

drives me INSANE