Author Topic: BITB Today  (Read 96057 times)

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
Re: BITB Today
« Reply #500 on: November 06, 2013, 10:08:13 PM »
Petro is the absolute worst, but I can't blame him for knowing his audience and catering to them. Keitz is obvs a lazy pos but at least he's a boss about it. His disdain for Sams tho has finally made me completely quit listening to him. I genuinely hate that I let that get to me like it has. but it did.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 06, 2013, 10:10:09 PM »
Every 610 show is awful.  Just brutally terrible.  If you like a 610 show you need to reevaluate your life and determine what type of person you want to be.
Yup! Can confirm. They're ratings are in the cellar. They're lucky they have the Royals and 98.9 the rock at Entercom. They float eachother a boat.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 06, 2013, 10:14:12 PM »
Petro is the absolute worst, but I can't blame him for knowing his audience and catering to them. Keitz is obvs a lazy pos but at least he's a boss about it. His disdain for Sams tho has finally made me completely quit listening to him. I genuinely hate that I let that get to me like it has. but it did.
He doesn't hate Sams, dumbass. He wants you to think that, to keep listening and call in and dispute him about it. As for Petro, you might not be up to speed on his sports knowledge, so that probably sets you back as a listener. Listening to a bunch of herp a derp on 610 might equate to your intelligance level. So, I'm happy you found your guys. :D

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 06, 2013, 10:17:04 PM »
Every 610 show is awful.  Just brutally terrible.  If you like a 610 show you need to reevaluate your life and determine what type of person you want to be.
Yup! Can confirm. They're ratings are in the cellar. They're lucky they have the Royals and 98.9 the rock at Entercom. They float eachother a boat.

I switch over to 610 only if 810, 980, and 710 - yes, even 710 - are all running ads, and even then I sometimes just switch back to ads. I don't know why the voices of the 610 afternoon guys annoy me so much, but holy crap they annoy the crap out of me.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 06, 2013, 10:20:48 PM »
I flip to 610 when 810 is on commercial and then turn it to the radio after ten seconds.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 06, 2013, 10:21:28 PM »
I listen to both but I am legitimately stunned Bob Fescoe has held a job this long. Just the absolute worst.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 06, 2013, 10:22:15 PM »
He doesn't hate Sams, dumbass. He wants you to think that, to keep listening and call in and dispute him about it. As for Petro, you might not be up to speed on his sports knowledge, so that probably sets you back as a listener. Listening to a bunch of herp a derp on 610 might equate to your intelligance level. So, I'm happy you found your guys. :D

Oh Wacky. I want to agree with you on KK, which I tried to imply in my initial response. Petro is perfect for you tho.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 06, 2013, 10:22:22 PM »

I switch over to 610 only if 810, 980, and 710 - yes, even 710 - are all running ads, and even then I sometimes just switch back to ads. I don't know why the voices of the 610 afternoon guys annoy me so much, but holy crap they annoy the crap out of me.
They come off as non-perfessional. We all know it. After working a long day at our places of employment, the last thing we need, is a bunch of dorks geeking about about fantasy football and why the KC Chiefs cheerleaders are so hott and why Carrington thinks he has a shot at them, while he flies out to LV on the weekend on his families trust fund.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 06, 2013, 10:23:12 PM »
Ku t shirt fans keep him around.  Either that or no one else in kc wants to get up early enough to take it from him.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 06, 2013, 10:28:02 PM »
Ku t shirt fans keep him around.  Either that or no one else in kc wants to get up early enough to take it from him.

His ratings are dog crap. It was the hardest thing to sell at 610. He keeps around cause he'll take in 36K a year and work 60 hours a week.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: November 06, 2013, 10:29:53 PM »
where do we see what the ratings are?
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 06, 2013, 10:30:01 PM »
His ratings suck  because 810 morning crew is entertaining as long as you aren't looking for someone to troll you or act like an argumentative ass.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 06, 2013, 10:30:17 PM »
Facebook?

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 06, 2013, 10:30:57 PM »
Facebook?

i dont have that thing :(

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 06, 2013, 10:31:32 PM »
Facebook?

i dont have that thing :(

Same.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 06, 2013, 10:34:52 PM »
I think Petro and the Parkins/CDot show are the best ones in KC. BITB used to be must listen, but since K-State football isn't in the top 10 he never talks about us. Mizzou being good has really killed talk radio this fall since nobody cares about SEC teams or Pinkel's stupid interviews. They've all cut way back on Big 12 talk this fall. But now KU is ramping up so that will be 50% of the content with Chiefs the other 50%.

Of course 610 is much more of the national formula for sports talk--which means almost exclusively talking about the local NFL team. I like the banter between Parkins and Harrison, but get tired of Chiefs breakdown after about 40 minutes. I guess I like Soren because he has the best guests and Kurtis is pretty cool with his Useless Info. SSJ and Nate are good too, although too early for me, and I'll go back and listen to their interviews if it's a good guest like Gary Barnett. 

As for BITB, I think Greg Hall did a service to the community with that article. I listened to the whole thing live and I was like what the eff? The way he treats guests just really grates on me sometimes. At least Stan can hold his own with BITB when he starts trying to poke at him and talk over him.

I never listen to Fescoe. I follow him on twitter for the lols.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 06, 2013, 10:35:42 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 06, 2013, 10:46:35 PM »
I think Petro and the Parkins/CDot show are the best ones in KC. BITB used to be must listen, but since K-State football isn't in the top 10 he never talks about us. Mizzou being good has really killed talk radio this fall since nobody cares about SEC teams or Pinkel's stupid interviews. They've all cut way back on Big 12 talk this fall. But now KU is ramping up so that will be 50% of the content with Chiefs the other 50%.

Of course 610 is much more of the national formula for sports talk--which means almost exclusively talking about the local NFL team. I like the banter between Parkins and Harrison, but get tired of Chiefs breakdown after about 40 minutes. I guess I like Soren because he has the best guests and Kurtis is pretty cool with his Useless Info. SSJ and Nate are good too, although too early for me, and I'll go back and listen to their interviews if it's a good guest like Gary Barnett. 

As for BITB, I think Greg Hall did a service to the community with that article. I listened to the whole thing live and I was like what the eff? The way he treats guests just really grates on me sometimes. At least Stan can hold his own with BITB when he starts trying to poke at him and talk over him.

I never listen to Fescoe. I follow him on twitter for the lols.
a. BITB means nothing he says about Mizzou and you're letting him win.
b.You'll only get pro talk from 610, cause they know absolutely nothing about college football and will never travel there cause they wait till bball season.
c. Greg Hall calls everyone out in sports media. He's got a great blog that has worked out to his favor, where no one can point him out. However, he calls everyone out, cause he has nothing to write about.

CASE CLOSED

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 06, 2013, 10:48:17 PM »
goEMAW should get one of those blog things and start calling everyone out.

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline chunkles

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 06, 2013, 11:18:26 PM »

Offline chunkles

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 06, 2013, 11:19:22 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 06, 2013, 11:25:12 PM »
I like DP and Carrington Harrison, but I rarely listen to the show. Mostly just from twitter
They do fit your demographic.

What exactly differentiates my demographic from your demographic, WS08
:D Younger generations like 610. My old man Cain and I can listen to Petro own dumbasses and listen to BITB troll all day.

Own dumbasses? Is this the same Petro that still doesn't know that UMass is an FBS school? I don't listen to his pro sports segments because I don't give two shits about the royals and chiefs, but I can tell you he doesn't know jack krap about cbb and cfb.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 06, 2013, 11:40:54 PM »
goEMAW should get one of those blog things and start calling everyone out.

Thursday's Call out-Off

:dunno:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 11:48:36 PM by rick daris »

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 06, 2013, 11:50:05 PM »
I've lived in KC for two years and I've gotten to the point where I hate every radio show & host on both 810 and 610 for their own specific reasons. Maybe it's just me? Regardless, Fescoe is far and away the worst.