Author Topic: BITB Today  (Read 96877 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BITB Today
« Reply #425 on: October 11, 2013, 09:34:43 PM »
Did you hear when Stan said basically "West Virginia played stupid on D, the Cats are the 1st team with a brain Baylor has faced."

This team is a lot of things, but it ain't smart.

The implication is being sound in our schemes, and I think that is potentially true. Hayes has been a solid DC and only once has an opponent scored more than their season PPG average against us. Of course, that was last year's Baylor team. On average teams score nearly 12 points less than their average PPG against Hayes led defenses at K-State.

Pretty easy to see why snyds likes him.  We pretty much know exactly what our defense is going to do every week.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 11, 2013, 10:03:23 PM »
if the defense is anything, is under talented. we're running the same defense as last year, just with less talent. it might suck against baylor, but every defense has sucked against baylor for a while now.

Offline Perry

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 12, 2013, 08:38:15 AM »
Did you hear when Stan said basically "West Virginia played stupid on D, the Cats are the 1st team with a brain Baylor has faced."

The implication is being sound in our schemes, and I think that is potentially true. Hayes has been a solid DC and only once has an opponent scored more than their season PPG average against us. Of course, that was last year's Baylor team. On average teams score nearly 12 points less than their average PPG against Hayes led defenses at K-State.

How many snaps are they getting compared to their average? Not to say Hayes hasn't done a good job, but ball control has to be affecting that as much as the defense, no?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 12, 2013, 08:48:23 AM »

How many snaps are they getting compared to their average? Not to say Hayes hasn't done a good job, but ball control has to be affecting that as much as the defense, no?

Doesn't account for pace of play.  Kind of think it was tongue in cheek when he posted it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Perry

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 12, 2013, 09:08:24 AM »

Doesn't account for pace of play.  Kind of think it was tongue in cheek when he posted it.
Makes sense. I should have thought more about it before I entered a HFBIQ conversation with _Fan   :shy:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 12, 2013, 09:26:25 AM »

Yes, they go together well and part of the reason is the pace of the game. Hayes' defenses have been above average, but not great. Points per play this year is at .336, last year was .326. Yards per play this year is 5.0, last year was 5.2.

Our time of possession percentage for this season 53.8% and 53.4% last year.

Also, currently Baylor is running 84 plays per game on average and last year was the same. They ran 81 plays against us last year.

The Cats are running 67.5 plays per game, 65.5 last year. Last year against Baylor we ran 82.

Also of note, last year against Baylor we only had 76 yards rushing and only 2.5 yards per carry. Besides turnovers, how well K-State can run the ball will play a big factor in this game.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 12, 2013, 09:37:08 AM »
TCU (if not earlier), Baylor and Oregon began and continued the exposure of our offensive line, lack of overall athleticism, and unimaginative scheming.    That has carried forward into this year, only worse with less experience at the QB position.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 12, 2013, 10:25:10 AM »
I remember Baylor blitzing the crap out of us last year

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 12, 2013, 12:49:54 PM »
BITB WAS RIGHT ABOUT GEORGIA/MIZZOU  :horrorsurprise:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 14, 2013, 08:26:02 PM »
KANSAS STATE IS JUST GOOD ENOUGH TO LOSE

:bawl:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 14, 2013, 08:34:33 PM »
That pie he made sounded delicious!

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 14, 2013, 08:52:49 PM »
When when a team shows all out blitz we dont run some sort of bubble screen (like since '03) is really beyond me.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 14, 2013, 09:02:01 PM »
BITB WAS RIGHT ABOUT GEORGIA/MIZZOU  :horrorsurprise:
He didn't mean to be. He did it for trolling purposes and ratings.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 14, 2013, 09:03:38 PM »

Tell you what, you pair that with some Dodge City beef burgers straight off one of those remarkable Smoke and Fire burger presses, maybe some famous Jim Cattey rub on that thing.....DON'T GET ME STARTED!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 14, 2013, 09:07:12 PM »

Tell you what, you pair that with some Dodge City beef burgers straight off one of those remarkable Smoke and Fire burger presses, maybe some famous Jim Cattey rub on that thing.....DON'T GET ME STARTED!

Gonna need the cookie diet after a meal like that.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 14, 2013, 09:10:41 PM »

Gonna need the cookie diet after a meal like that.

eff it.  Just amp the crap out of your testosterone like Soren does.  Boners, weight loss, etc.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 14, 2013, 09:15:26 PM »

All of this during the racing boys sounds like a great Friday

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 15, 2013, 01:11:03 PM »

All of this during the racing boys sounds like a great Friday
right after I pick up my new F150 from Shawnee Mission Ford, just west of I35 on Shawnee Mission Ford Parkway

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 15, 2013, 01:19:20 PM »
Man, BITB owns you guys.  Just rattling off all of his ad plugs. 

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 15, 2013, 01:22:07 PM »

is that what we are doing? i hadnt noticed and really enjoy the racing boys

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 15, 2013, 01:27:08 PM »
Did I mention I am buying my new truck from Brad down at SMF with cash after wining big with Lee Sterling?

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 15, 2013, 01:39:26 PM »
the next time i need some joory i am going to jozzin's!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 15, 2013, 01:47:05 PM »
i tell you what, you call the guys at Buck Roofing they'll take care of you. you won't find better prices and the first appointment is free.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 15, 2013, 01:50:22 PM »
the next time i need some joory i am going to jozzin's!

haha.  Gary Jozzin ahhways has beh-er prices dan dose big box joorers.  ahhways. 

Frank Bohl slurs ths crap out of his speech too. 

in any event, the 610 guys are much better in the afternoon.  They're really good at not taking themselves seriously and having entertaining guests/topics.  Basically, the opposite of Kietz, Danny and their old boys club debating sports like it's the rough ridin' debt crisis or something.   

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 15, 2013, 02:10:30 PM »
You guys heard about those sweet deals at the Bushnell Factory Outlet?  :driving: