Author Topic: BITB Today  (Read 96066 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BITB Today
« Reply #275 on: November 01, 2012, 04:10:25 PM »
how about dumbass side kick with blacks only counting for 1/3 of a vote.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 01, 2012, 04:18:09 PM »
Yes that was a wtf moment for the self styled intellectual elite of the show.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 01, 2012, 04:31:24 PM »
Well if you want to smoke out I know which one to pick.

The guy with the masters probably has prescription and better weed, fwiw.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 01, 2012, 04:45:15 PM »

Yeah what kind of intellectual elite actually talks about history? What a racist dumbass!

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 01, 2012, 04:47:39 PM »

Yeah what kind of intellectual elite actually talks about history? What a racist dumbass!
Uh... I think the point is he was wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-Fifths_Compromise
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 02, 2012, 02:40:07 PM »
Brad Edwards on 810.  (I know he's given other interviews - but here's the recap)

Oregon has the edge over K-State if both undefeated.  Edge in the human polls (2/3 of BCS) favor Oregon over KSU.

odds of all teams undefeated is 1-2% 

KSU passed Oregon in computer polls.  getting close in human polls. 

KEY:  how does Oregon rise up in Computers with a comparable 4 games schedule with KSU?  It will be very difficult if all teams remain undefeated. Oregon will have trouble getting much higher than #4 in the computers if ND remains undefeated.  they are a buffer.  KSU best hope is all 4 teams win out (unless Bama) loses.   

KSU can get higher in computers.  ND cannot (garbage schedule). 

ND Factor.  If 3 teams undefeated, including ND, doesn't think KSU should be concerned.  Humna Poll bump would have happened after the OU game.  Didn't.  KSU shouldn't be too concerned with ND jumping them in the humn polls if we can go undefeated. 

In summary, looks like this thing's a 3 horse race b/w KSU, Oregon, Bama.  undefeated ND helps us suppress Oregon's computer ranking and, therefore, BCS ranking.   
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 02:43:55 PM by Belvis Noland »

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 02, 2012, 02:42:29 PM »
Brad Edwards on 810.  (I know he's given other interviews - but here's the recap)

Oregon has the edge over K-State if both undefeated.  Edge in the human polls (2/3 of BCS) favor Oregon over KSU.

KEY:  how does Oregon rise up in Computers with a comparable 4 games schedule with KSU?  It will be very difficult if all teams remain undefeated.  Notre Dame will have trouble getting much higher than #4 in the computers if ND remains undefeated.  they are a buffer.  KSU best hope is all 4 teams win out (unless Bama) loses.   

ND Factor.  If 3 teams undefeated, including ND, doesn't think KSU should be concerned.  Humna Poll bump would have happened after the OU game.  Didn't.  KSU shouldn't be too concerned with ND jumping them in the humn polls if we can go undefeated. 

In summary, looks like this thing's a 3 horse race b/w KSU, Oregon, Bama.  undefeated ND helps us suppress Oregon's computer ranking and, therefore, BCS ranking.   

summary: Brad Edwards reads goEMAW

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 02, 2012, 02:45:51 PM »

KEY:  how does Oregon rise up in Computers with a comparable 4 games schedule with KSU?  It will be very difficult if all teams remain undefeated. Oregon will have trouble getting much higher than #4 in the computers if ND remains undefeated.  they are a buffer.  KSU best hope is all 4 teams win out (unless Bama) loses.   

Is it now time for the racing boys??  :excited:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 02, 2012, 02:58:28 PM »

He's plowing through chiefs callers right now until the top of the hour.  Then, I'm sure he'll have plenty from the racin boys, dropping props for his friends at smoke and fire. 

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 02, 2012, 03:24:37 PM »

Can't wait to get past the racin' boys I can listen to Stanbot calm my nerves about how  :bill: will own the OSU game.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 02, 2012, 03:25:38 PM »
insider scoop is that stan is a bit nervous about this one but thinks the cats pull it out

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 02, 2012, 03:26:36 PM »
insider scoop is that stan is a bit nervous about this one but thinks the cats pull it out
That's not calming the waters!  :bill:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 02, 2012, 03:30:19 PM »

listened to Stan on the morning commute and he had the Cats by 10 or something.  40 - 31 I think.  Didn't seem too concerned, but then again, Stanbot's programmed emotions are often difficult to read. 

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 02, 2012, 03:34:56 PM »

listened to Stan on the morning commute and he had the Cats by 10 or something.  40 - 31 I think.  Didn't seem too concerned, but then again, Stanbot's programmed emotions are often difficult to read.
Yea, I heard that. His 4:00 Friday segment usually gives a little more detail if BITB doesn't derail it.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 02, 2012, 03:35:56 PM »
the tout from Miami just said the U will not play in ACC champ game if/when they win the Coastal division.  I guess skipping the champ game and turning down a bowl will finish out the 3 year bowl ban  :dunno:

Anywho, it is probably good for EMAW's computer rankings for the U to not take a beating from FSU.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 02, 2012, 03:36:19 PM »
I'm gonna level with you guys, my insider scoop was just me saying what Stan always basically says

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 02, 2012, 03:48:11 PM »
I'm gonna level with you guys, my insider scoop was just me saying what Stan always basically says
I'm good with that.
Is there really any insider scoop on message boards that doesn't ultimately reference another message board post?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 02, 2012, 03:51:19 PM »
I'm good with that.
Is there really any insider scoop on message boards that doesn't ultimately reference another message board post?

The ones that are completely made up?  :dunno:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 02, 2012, 04:26:25 PM »
the tout from Miami just said the U will not play in ACC champ game if/when they win the Coastal division.  I guess skipping the champ game and turning down a bowl will finish out the 3 year bowl ban  :dunno:

Anywho, it is probably good for EMAW's computer rankings for the U to not take a beating from FSU.

I'm really curious if that's true or not.  I've only heard teams get postseason bans for X amount of years, never banned for X amount of postseason games.  Seems like that rule would really come into play when the playoffs start. 

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 05, 2012, 02:29:12 PM »
 :lol:  :billdance:

Online SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 05, 2012, 02:31:13 PM »

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 05, 2012, 02:31:49 PM »
Oh man, the tucks are tripping over themselves trying to get their damn cell phone to dial out to dispute the "Kstate got away with one this weekend" line.

:bill:

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 05, 2012, 02:32:55 PM »
"Mcarron is all world." BITB trollin' dirty today....can't wait for phone calls

edit: also called oSu "pesky, nasty, feisty"

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 05, 2012, 02:52:48 PM »
It was satisfying to hear him praise OSU like that. Then dropped the bomb with the coaches poll theory.

Offline buttsbuttsbutts

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 05, 2012, 02:53:29 PM »
It was satisfying to hear him praise OSU like that. Then dropped the bomb with the coaches poll theory.
cliff notes please, TIA