Author Topic: Post our glorious rankings in this thread  (Read 158912 times)

Offline jaa1025

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: November 04, 2012, 07:55:26 PM »
We have a lot of room to improve our computer rankings now though so that's good. Just got to hope for ND to stay undefeated. I'm afraid though that after Bama's huge jump in the computer rankings after facing an overrated LSU team that Oregon might do the same thing after facing an overrated Oregon State and Stanford.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 04, 2012, 07:55:44 PM »
You know who is to blame for all of this? The LSU kicker. If he makes that, and they actually get to kick it off to Alabama, it's just us an Oregon right now, praying the other one loses so that we get to play the crappiest undefeated team that has ever existed: Notre Dame.

les miles fault. qb sneak on 4th and a long 1.. would have iced the game had they got the 1st. and he called an effing sneak needing more than a full yard. complete idiot.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 04, 2012, 07:57:09 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 04, 2012, 07:57:31 PM »
It sounded to me that Brad Edwards thinks Oregon is fracked

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 04, 2012, 07:57:35 PM »
8:46PM EST November 4. 2012 -

Rank   Team   USA    TODAY poll   Harris poll     Computer rank      BCS average
1   Alabama   1       1.000              1   .9972   1   .9900         .9957
2   K-State     3       .9288               3   .9266   3   .9400         .9318
3   Oregon     2       .9485              2   .9513   5   .8500         .9166
4   Notre        4       .8739              4   .8810   2   .9600                .9050
5   Georgia   5       .8258                 5   .8157   6   .8100         .8171
6      Florida   7       .7397              7   .7492   4   .8700         .7863
7   LSU          9       .6766              8   .6995   7   .7400         .7054
8   South Car   11       .5966             11   .5753   8   .6900         .6206
9   Louisville  10       .6373             10   .6348   13   .5400         .6040
10   Florida St   6       .7776              6   .7732   19   .2400         .5969
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 04, 2012, 07:57:49 PM »
i just want to take a moment and say david pollock has a standing offer to come to my house and just chill and be buds and stuff.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 04, 2012, 07:58:54 PM »
okay people explain the computers thing to me.  how does that happen?

also can we now root for every team to lose?  Last weeked we needed ND as a firewall and that hasn't helped us apparently.

do you see where ksu is 2 and oregon is 3?

maybe you didn't see that.
Please note the computer polls.  Very odd statistical information.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline SPE_khat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 04, 2012, 07:59:12 PM »
"Oregon would have to climb to 3rd in at least half of the computer rankings, and that is pretty significant"

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: November 04, 2012, 08:00:18 PM »
I hate (love) this.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 04, 2012, 08:00:26 PM »

also can we now root for every team to lose?  Last weeked we needed ND as a firewall and that hasn't helped us apparently.

For everyone wondering why ND jumped us:

The computers only take into account who you have played and weight each game equally.  Of the 8 teams ND played prior to yesterday, they went 5-2 this weekend.  Of the 8 teams KSU played prior to yesterday, they went 2-6 this weekend.  That's why the computer tie with ND was broken and they moved ahead of us. 

The good news for KSU, we still get to play 3 of those teams that caused 3 loses to our prior opponents.  The 3 teams remaining on our schedule just got stronger.  In order for that to happen, our previous schedule had to weaken...it's OK.  Over the course of the rest of the season our SOS will make it back up to where it was prior to this weekend.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 04, 2012, 08:01:06 PM »

its like RPI for many of the computers.  playing the big 10 teams is helping ND a bit because they in turn feast on MAC teams.  its all about opponents opponents schedule.  I personally think its a stupid way to determine SOS ( and rewards a team for losing to "good teams" more so than beating average or below average teams).
Makes sense to me, good explano. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 04, 2012, 08:01:51 PM »
Better news, Johnny Football is going to shock the world!

:pray:

Yes, scratch our backs for once cultaggie
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 04, 2012, 08:02:03 PM »
"Oregon would have to climb to 3rd in at least half of the computer rankings, and that is pretty significant"

I liked that guy, and his name was Brad  :sdeek:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 04, 2012, 08:02:19 PM »
there's been a new #3 each week so that's cool
emaw

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 04, 2012, 08:02:45 PM »
i just want to take a moment and say david pollock has a standing offer to come to my house and just chill and be buds and stuff.

Yeah. He seems like a really cool guy, and not just because he's EMAW.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 04, 2012, 08:03:25 PM »

The computers only take into account who you have played and weight each game equally.  Of the 8 teams ND played prior to yesterday, they went 5-2 this weekend.  Of the 8 teams KSU played prior to yesterday, they went 2-6 this weekend.  That's why the computer tie with ND was broken and they moved ahead of us. 

The good news for KSU, we still get to play 3 of those teams that caused 3 loses to our prior opponents.  The 3 teams remaining on our schedule just go stronger.  In order for that to happen, our previous schedule had to weaken...it's OK.
I'm very surprised ND's opp record had that good of a weekend. 

Florida State is just getting killed in the computers, 6 in person polls, 19 in the computers.  Talk about a conference KILLING your ranking. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 04, 2012, 08:03:34 PM »
i also liked that they pointed out that some voters had ND lower than 4th.

very lulzy to the idiots that still think "the media" is somehow going to put ND in the title game.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #1044 on: November 04, 2012, 08:04:01 PM »
Alabama will fall in the computers after playing that fcs school and Auburn. Notre Damn has room to fall against Wake and BC. Baylor and TCU while not good are no BC Wake Auburn, or FCS school.
RIP Fatty

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1045 on: November 04, 2012, 08:04:38 PM »

its like RPI for many of the computers.  playing the big 10 teams is helping ND a bit because they in turn feast on MAC teams.  its all about opponents opponents schedule.  I personally think its a stupid way to determine SOS ( and rewards a team for losing to "good teams" more so than beating average or below average teams).
Makes sense to me, good explano. 
yeah some tard on shaggybevo uses something very similar for his/her terrible "poll" (:lol: that s/he calls it a poll) and had ND higher based on that fact that ND opponent's opponents have won more games (they don't even take into account byes so that's how bad it is).

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 04, 2012, 08:06:44 PM »
I'm a lot more confident now than I was earlier. Pollack and Herbie being impressed and saying we are a complete team makes me think the coaches also think this.  Brad also made it seem like Oregon doesn't have the upper hand now, which is great.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 04, 2012, 08:07:24 PM »

The good news for KSU, we still get to play 3 of those teams that caused 3 loses to our prior opponents.  The 3 teams remaining on our schedule just go stronger.  In order for that to happen, our previous schedule had to weaken...it's OK.
I'm very surprised ND's opp record had that good of a weekend. 

Florida State is just getting killed in the computers, 6 in person polls, 19 in the computers.  Talk about a conference KILLING your ranking.

Navy, Mich, Miami, OU, and Stanford won.  Missouri St, UNT, KU, WVU, Tech, and ISU lost.  The good news is we still play the teams that beat WVU, Tech, and KU. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 04, 2012, 08:07:47 PM »

Yeah, its crazy. It sounds like the computers are a basically a variety of different ways to calculate something similar to the RPI and with football's limited schedule, there are going to be weird fluctuations on a weekly basis, even 3/4 of the way into the season.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 04, 2012, 08:08:21 PM »
It sounded to me that Brad Edwards thinks Oregon is fracked

That's how I heard it too.