Author Topic: Post our glorious rankings in this thread  (Read 158240 times)

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Re: Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #700 on: October 28, 2012, 08:44:18 PM »

Can't tell if ESPN means the BCS race or the Heisman race here...

:billdance:

Everett Golston is not Manti Teo

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 28, 2012, 08:49:25 PM »
still think we're going to need Oregon to slip up. but whatevs. im along for the ride.

If Oregon doesn't slip up, it greatly helps us for ND to run the table too.  For KSU...4 undefeateds > 3 undefeateds if those 3 are Bama, KSU, and Oregon. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 28, 2012, 08:50:04 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 28, 2012, 08:52:20 PM »
If Alabama loses at LSU this weekend, none of this crap matters. We'll be in.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 28, 2012, 08:53:30 PM »

LSU isn't going to score a touchdown

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: October 28, 2012, 08:53:50 PM »
None of this matters.  #fattytakethewheel

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 28, 2012, 08:54:12 PM »
Could you just imagine if #FightOn and #GeauxTigers win this weekend....I'm not going to get ahead of myself or anything though
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 28, 2012, 08:55:04 PM »
None of this matters.  #fattytakethewheel

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 28, 2012, 08:56:28 PM »
I worry some about Alabama's Computer numbers rising and softening our computer numbers as well as ND's
RIP Fatty

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 28, 2012, 09:00:21 PM »
alabama being unanimous as the top team, despite the existence of 4 other high-major, undefeated teams is a pretty amazing example of group-think.
Exactly.  Their best wins are over crap, fringe top-25 teams (Michigan and MSU).  It's incredible.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 28, 2012, 09:00:34 PM »
Bama still has (1-9) Western Carolina and (1-8) Auburn at home.  :gocho:

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #711 on: October 28, 2012, 09:01:28 PM »

Never mind, that helps
RIP Fatty

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 28, 2012, 09:01:41 PM »
still think we're going to need Oregon to slip up. but whatevs. im along for the ride.
we do

wrong.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 28, 2012, 09:02:21 PM »

I will be wearing my Cam Newton jersey all day for the Iron Bowl

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 28, 2012, 09:02:34 PM »
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 28, 2012, 09:03:47 PM »
david breakneck ubben
The new BCS rankings are out, and here's how I see the Big 12 bowl picture shaking out at season's end:

BCS National Championship Game: Kansas State vs. BCS at-large

dude contradicts himself pretty rough ridin' bad

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 28, 2012, 09:06:54 PM »
david breakneck ubben
The new BCS rankings are out, and here's how I see the Big 12 bowl picture shaking out at season's end:

BCS National Championship Game: Kansas State vs. BCS at-large

dude contradicts himself pretty rough ridin' bad
Better watch himself or he'll turn into Greg Swaim

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 28, 2012, 09:14:30 PM »
Well here's what scares the crap out of me...Oregon actually jumped 2 places in 2 computer polls this week by beating a ONE win Colorado team.

Didn't they just pass teams that lost?

Yes...mainly florida and oregon state.  I've gone back a looked and I still think we are in pretty good shape.  We can move up in a few computer polls given our schedule and oregon looks like they could pass us in only ONE or maybe two polls.  Either way, it will be difficult for them to overtake us....I could see our computer # being .99 or at worst .98 at the end of the year....at .98 that would mean oregon would need to average a ranking of 2.5 in the computer polls to pass us (assuming the harris and coaches poll stay the same).  That would mean they would need to pass either us or alabama in at least half of the computer polls (and they are well behind us/alabama in every poll currently).  I feel a little better.

Florida is still ahead of them in a lot of computer rankings. What worries me is UGA, UF, and LSU losing and Oregon passing them - they have quite a room to go up there, while it's virtually impossible for us to get much higher in the computers.

This doesn't happen. Remember that they count votes in the human polls for the BCS formula - not position.

So basically Oregon is ranked about 2.25 and KSU is ranked about 2.75 in both human polls right now. 1/2 position lead in both polls is equal to a 1 position in the computers.  We have a 4 position lead on Oregon in the computers right now which is why the lead is so large. There is no way Oregon passes us in any of the computers if we win out and it is very doubtful that anybody would drop us in the human polls.

This is locked up if we take care of business.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 28, 2012, 09:19:26 PM »
Don't be surprised if Florida stays ahead of Oregon in a few of the computer polls (they are currently ahead of them in 4 of the 6 polls).  FL has a solid next 4 games (Mizz, ULL, Jacksonville State, FSU), maybe better than Oregons.  That could be a dagger in Oregons chances.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 28, 2012, 09:20:55 PM »
Well here's what scares the crap out of me...Oregon actually jumped 2 places in 2 computer polls this week by beating a ONE win Colorado team.

Yes...mainly florida and oregon state.  I've gone back a looked and I still think we are in pretty good shape.  We can move up in a few computer polls given our schedule and oregon looks like they could pass us in only ONE or maybe two polls.  Either way, it will be difficult for them to overtake us....I could see our computer # being .99 or at worst .98 at the end of the year....at .98 that would mean oregon would need to average a ranking of 2.5 in the computer polls to pass us (assuming the harris and coaches poll stay the same).  That would mean they would need to pass either us or alabama in at least half of the computer polls (and they are well behind us/alabama in every poll currently).  I feel a little better.

Florida is still ahead of them in a lot of computer rankings. What worries me is UGA, UF, and LSU losing and Oregon passing them - they have quite a room to go up there, while it's virtually impossible for us to get much higher in the computers.

This doesn't happen. Remember that they count votes in the human polls for the BCS formula - not position.

So basically Oregon is ranked about 2.25 and KSU is ranked about 2.75 in both human polls right now. 1/2 position lead in both polls is equal to a 1 position in the computers.  We have a 4 position lead on Oregon in the computers right now which is why the lead is so large. There is no way Oregon passes us in any of the computers if we win out and it is very doubtful that anybody would drop us in the human polls.

they don't have to pass us in the computers to pass us in the bcs

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #720 on: October 28, 2012, 09:27:09 PM »

Yep, they just need to reduce the gap. The fact that our lead over Oregon is so large means that when teams ranked between us in the computers lose, they can easily make up a lot of ground. LSU losing to Bama and UF losing to fsu could reduce the gap for them sufficiently.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 28, 2012, 09:28:08 PM »

True but they have to make a considerable advancement. Florida, UGA, ND, and LSU winning all hurt Oregon's chance to make that leap.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 28, 2012, 09:29:04 PM »
somebody tell me who to  :emawkid: for other than usc kthanxbye

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #723 on: October 28, 2012, 09:30:14 PM »

True but they have to make a considerable advancement. Florida, UGA, ND, and LSU winning all hurt Oregon's chance to make that leap.

LSU will lose, and UF will probably lose to FSU.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #724 on: October 28, 2012, 09:30:37 PM »
Hopefully all 3 of these other posers lose so we get a shot at Louisville for the NC
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd