Author Topic: Post our glorious rankings in this thread  (Read 159152 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #575 on: October 28, 2012, 12:03:38 PM »
Did anyone notice that KSU is only 25 points behind Oregon in the coaches poll?  The difference last week was 77.

because florida lost. they were 3 in the coaches and we were 4. we moved up a spot while oregon stayed put.

Yeah, but 12 coaches flipped us ahead of Oregon.

:drool:

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 28, 2012, 12:05:12 PM »
Did anyone notice that KSU is only 25 points behind Oregon in the coaches poll?  The difference last week was 77.

because florida lost. they were 3 in the coaches and we were 4. we moved up a spot while oregon stayed put.

Yeah, but 12 coaches flipped us ahead of Oregon. There are only 59 voters.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 28, 2012, 12:06:34 PM »
this thread is the funnest of all threads

It really is SD, it really is.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 28, 2012, 12:08:14 PM »
Now Jerry Palm reverses, has Oregon in.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

I don't think Palm "reversed". He still thinks we will be 2 in this weeks BCS, with Oregon at 4. This link is his projected bowls. He just thinks Oregon is going to catch us by the end of the year.

i don't really see how they can if notre dame keeps winning and keeps them at best #4 in the computers.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 28, 2012, 12:09:24 PM »
AP @ 3
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 28, 2012, 12:10:01 PM »

That kind of scares me for the future. We need to look sexy as hell in our upcoming games.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 28, 2012, 12:13:54 PM »
I don't think my 12 flipped statement is right.

But basically:

42 coaches have 1. Bama 2. Oregon 3 KSU 4. ND
17 coaches have 1. Bama 2. KSU 3. Oregon 4. ND

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 28, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »

That kind of scares me for the future. We need to look sexy as hell in our upcoming games.

We'll be alright. OSU doesn't look like complete dogshit. TCU and BAYLOR are on the road (perceived as tougher) and Texas is Texas. Would help if the 'horns win out until Dec 1st.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 01:44:39 PM by Pittcat »
3021  RIP

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 28, 2012, 12:56:41 PM »
USC is 6-2.  They have beaten teams with a combined record of 16-32.  Their best win?  Washington (4-4).  They have lost to teams that are a combined 11-5.  And they are the BEST team ND has yet to play.   

ND will plummet in the computers as they continue to play cupcakes.  Our schedule is incredible compared to theirs (and on par with Oregon's).  I think we are in good shape.

Edit:  And we get a shot at yet ANOTHER top 25 team next week.  Our biggest concern should be winning out.

Offline bulzeye31

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 28, 2012, 12:59:15 PM »
USC is 6-2.  They have beaten teams with a combined record of 16-32.  Their best win?  Washington (4-4).  They have lost to teams that are a combined 11-5.  And they are the BEST team ND has yet to play.   

ND will plummet in the computers as they continue to play cupcakes.  Our schedule is incredible compared to theirs (and on par with Oregon's).  I think we are in good shape.

Edit:  And we get a shot at yet ANOTHER top 25 team next week.  Our biggest concern should be winning out.

I like you

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: October 28, 2012, 02:11:12 PM »

I like you

He's really had the right formula.  Set your expectations low with your screen name, then your solid posts look like homeruns.  Well done.
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 28, 2012, 02:43:55 PM »
#3 in Harris and even got a first place vote.  I think we are in very good shape here guise. 

The only chance ND had of passing us in the BCS was this week....they are already behind us in the human polls and their computer rankings will only get worse.  From a computer standpoint, our remaining schedule matches pretty closely to Oregons.  I don't think they can make up much ground on us in the computers. 

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 28, 2012, 02:49:35 PM »
My super advanced BCS calculating shows us expanding our lead against Oregon and ND didn't close the gap at all.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 28, 2012, 02:59:28 PM »

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #589 on: October 28, 2012, 03:03:15 PM »
ND now plays a string of three consecutive complete dogshit teams. they also end their season on the 24th (against probably a 3 loss USC team) while we get to parade in front of the voters against Texas to end the season on 12/1. they are meaningless to us at this point. not a threat.

The other thing is that Oregon is going to completely devalue wins over USC (should Oregon win out).

Oregon is going to hurt themselves by beating USC, and Notre Dame would hurt themselves (and Oregon) by beating USC.

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 28, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »
ND now plays a string of three consecutive complete dogshit teams. they also end their season on the 24th (against probably a 3 loss USC team) while we get to parade in front of the voters against Texas to end the season on 12/1. they are meaningless to us at this point. not a threat.

The other thing is that Oregon is going to completely devalue wins over USC (should Oregon win out).

Oregon is going to hurt themselves by beating USC, and Notre Dame would hurt themselves (and Oregon) by beating USC.

:love:
3021  RIP

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 28, 2012, 03:08:16 PM »
Do I want USC to win or lose or does it matter?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 28, 2012, 03:09:46 PM »

Win everytime they play Oregon or ND.  Lose every other game.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 28, 2012, 03:09:57 PM »

we want them to win both, or lose both
emaw

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #594 on: October 28, 2012, 03:21:34 PM »
One fun thing about this race...

Because ESPN is building it up to be this huge soap opera of, "Who's #2!?!?!" each week, and we're being mentioned with Notre Dame and Oregon, the spotlight will be on every single week.

It's all ABC or Big Fox from here on out, and this is going to do nothing but help Klein...and national perception.

Also, because we'd have the only game on 12/1 with BCS bowl implications on a college campus, my guess is that Gameday would be in Manhattan for Texas, and it would be on ABC at 7 PM.  The only other Conf. Champ game they own that day is the ACC, and that would most likely be played on ESPN at 6:45 PM CST because it doesn't have national title implications.

The 2012 Dr Pepper ACC Football Championship Game, which will be played on December 1 in Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, N.C., will be nationally televised by either ABC, with an 8 p.m. kickoff, or ESPN at 7:45 p.m. It will be the fourth straight prime time exposure for the ACC title game which drew a sellout crowd of 73,675 fans last year and has averaged 73,027 fans in its two years in Charlotte.

Notre Dame ends their season on 11/24 against USC, the Pac-12 title game is Friday night on Fox, and the SEC title game will be on CBS at 3 PM and will end around when our game kicks off.  We would go up against the Big Ten title game head-to-head on Fox that night, and no one is going to give a **** about it because no one cares about a meaningless Nebraska vs. Wisconsin game.

The last big game of the year would be us, in prime time, on ABC with Brent and Herbie calling it while Chris, Lee, Desmond, and Pollack roam BSFS.

You can't ask for much more when you're trying to win a Heisman and impress voters for the BCS selection the following day.  Especially when the opponent is Texas.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 28, 2012, 03:23:10 PM »
Panjandrum I just went all HighstepperCat reading that.  Bless you.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 28, 2012, 03:25:34 PM »

Because ESPN is building it up to be this huge soap opera of, "Who's #2!?!?!" each week, and we're being mentioned with Notre Dame and Oregon, the spotlight will be on every single week.

It's all ABC or Big Fox from here on out, and this is going to do nothing but help Klein...and national perception.

Also, because we'd have the only game on 12/1 with BCS bowl implications on a college campus, my guess is that Gameday would be in Manhattan for Texas, and it would be on ABC at 7 PM.  The only other Conf. Champ game they own that day is the ACC, and that would most likely be played on ESPN at 6:45 PM CST because it doesn't have national title implications.

The 2012 Dr Pepper ACC Football Championship Game, which will be played on December 1 in Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, N.C., will be nationally televised by either ABC, with an 8 p.m. kickoff, or ESPN at 7:45 p.m. It will be the fourth straight prime time exposure for the ACC title game which drew a sellout crowd of 73,675 fans last year and has averaged 73,027 fans in its two years in Charlotte.

Notre Dame ends their season on 11/24 against USC, the Pac-12 title game is Friday night on Fox, and the SEC title game will be on CBS at 3 PM and will end around when our game kicks off.  We would go up against the Big Ten title game head-to-head on Fox that night, and no one is going to give a **** about it because no one cares about a meaningless Nebraska vs. Wisconsin game.

The last big game of the year would be us, in prime time, on ABC with Brent and Herbie calling it while Chris, Lee, Desmond, and Pollack roam BSFS.

You can't ask for much more when you're trying to win a Heisman and impress voters for the BCS selection the following day.  Especially when the opponent is Texas.

my goodness fatty
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline bobby_runs

• :(
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 28, 2012, 03:41:37 PM »

Clean up on aisle 3.

:billdance:

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 28, 2012, 03:46:50 PM »
We made a HUGE jump on Oregon in both the USA and the Harris polls (the gap last week was 0.0532...the gap this week is 0.0205)

...when the BCS standings come out, there will be a CANYON between Oregon and the wild wild wildcats.

Even if the Domers pass us in the computer rankings this week (but I don't think they will), there is no way they will stay there given their crap hole remaining schedule. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 03:58:48 PM by Fuktard »

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 28, 2012, 03:54:58 PM »

Wait, why can't Gameday broadcast from the SEC championship game? ESPN doesn't have the rights to LSU/Bama this weekend either but they're still going there.   :dunno: