Author Topic: Speaking of oscar-ketball  (Read 53117 times)

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Speaking of oscar-ketball
« Reply #275 on: August 17, 2012, 04:15:20 PM »
I have a better way of finding out who is emaw than if you are a townie or not. If you don't hate the oscar weber hire, then you aren't emaw.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 17, 2012, 04:17:29 PM »
I have a better way of finding out who is emaw than if you are a townie or not. If you don't hate the oscar weber hire, then you aren't emaw.

<------ EMAW AS eff

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 17, 2012, 04:21:39 PM »
It's judgement day, people.  Do you want to ride off into the sunset with EMAW, or do you want to stand there eating chicken nuggets out of a hard hat with Currie and Weber?

Me? I'm with EMAW.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 17, 2012, 04:46:08 PM »
every poster on here hates the oscar weber hire.  that's a pretty shitty EMAW gauge.  I think you have to hate the oscar Weber hire, John Currie, Jon Wefald, Bob Huggins and Frank Martin.  That's where the EMAWs are separated from the whatevers. 

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Speaking of oscar-ketball
« Reply #279 on: August 17, 2012, 04:53:59 PM »
every poster on here hates the oscar weber hire.  that's a pretty shitty EMAW gauge.  I think you have to hate the oscar Weber hire, John Currie, Jon Wefald, Bob Huggins and Frank Martin.  That's where the EMAWs are separated from the whatevers.
It's better than determining it by if you live in the city limits of Manhattan or not.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 17, 2012, 05:03:01 PM »
It's better than determining it by if you live in the city limits of Manhattan or not.

i feel like there is some confusion with the whole growing up in mhk thing. it's kind of like this...

pretend that being a kstate fan is like playing a game of trivial pursuit. now pretend that every person that grew up in mhk and went to kstate automatically starts the game with the orange pie and that if you didn't grow up in mhk then you can be the best trivial pursuit player ever and answer that orange question correctly thirty times, but because of the rules you aren't ever allowed to get the orange pie thing.

it's a dirty truth and those of us that grew up in mhk don't talk about it all that much out of respect and not wanting to rub noses in it and such. it just is what it is and hey 5 our of 6 pie pieces is still a pretty good game at the end of the day we're all still friends.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 17, 2012, 05:11:13 PM »
Right now Currie and Weber are rolling with EMAW.

Frank . . . he's Under Armouring it all up with the Gamecocks.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 17, 2012, 05:15:36 PM »
I mean, crap, when your parents dragged you to games as early as you can remember, of course, there's a difference between you and someone who started regularly going to games in college.

But I didn't hate the Weber hire.  I'm good with anyone whose name I actually recognize. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 17, 2012, 05:19:47 PM »
BECAUSE I AM CIVIL ABOUT IT YOU SHITHEAD.  I'M TURNING THIS rough ridin' CAR AROUND.

hey, dad, don't steer the thread toward a ravine if you don't want things to get ugly.

there was no stopping it.  just like every other thread that cc posts in and people can't help themselves.

I'm interested to know when and where you think the incivility started in this thread.  I'm going to point to the first page where you had one poster questioning the EMAW of another because he made the choice not to renew his tickets.  I'm not sure what the reasonable expectation would be after that road is traveled down.  Not certain how you treat someone civilly who shouts "tear gas & automatic weapons" in a crowded movie theatre.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 17, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »
I mean, crap, when your parents dragged you to games as early as you can remember, of course, there's a difference between you and someone who started regularly going to games in college.

But I didn't hate the Weber hire.  I'm good with anyone whose name I actually recognize.
Chum1 - not EMAW

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 17, 2012, 05:58:32 PM »
I'm still indifferent. wake me up when oscar is in the ground next to earl.

Oh man, good one Pinnochio. 

I really don't give a crap any more.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 17, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »

EMAW is about love too steve dave, not just about hate. 

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 17, 2012, 09:11:51 PM »

ok, name your love requirements then.  I love Pat Bosco. 

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 17, 2012, 09:18:51 PM »
BECAUSE I AM CIVIL ABOUT IT YOU SHITHEAD.  I'M TURNING THIS rough ridin' CAR AROUND.

hey, dad, don't steer the thread toward a ravine if you don't want things to get ugly.

there was no stopping it.  just like every other thread that cc posts in and people can't help themselves.

I'm interested to know when and where you think the incivility started in this thread.  I'm going to point to the first page where you had one poster questioning the EMAW of another because he made the choice not to renew his tickets.  I'm not sure what the reasonable expectation would be after that road is traveled down.  Not certain how you treat someone civilly who shouts "tear gas & automatic weapons" in a crowded movie theatre.

you have exactly pinpointed the moment.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 17, 2012, 10:19:41 PM »

Bosco yes.  Gus Johnson and Kim English too.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 17, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
i love sunshine pumping, half time interview coward stan bot, and I love him with all my heart
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 17, 2012, 11:35:43 PM »
nontownies trying to convince themselves they're as emaw as townies.  now i've seen everything.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 17, 2012, 11:40:47 PM »
someone explain to sys what townie means

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 17, 2012, 11:50:13 PM »

Bosco yes.  Gus Johnson and Kim English too.

Great list, no one will top it so don't try :thumbs:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 18, 2012, 12:05:18 AM »
tyshawn taylor.  i really like him.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 18, 2012, 08:17:25 AM »
OMG I'M SO ANGRY AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY CURRIE YOU KITN DO YOU HEAR ME NATIONAL MEDIA

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 18, 2012, 03:15:13 PM »
well he wasn't a good fit for Illinois. they fired him. but then again they care about having a good basketball team so you might be right. he might be a good fit for kstate.

I have a friend who goes to Illinois and was pretty upset about Weber leaving. He says he's not the only one either.

Not a sock. No other moniker. No personal connection to Weber. Just a person who has opinions that differ from 99% of the people on this board.

There is no rough ridin' way on earth that this poster isn't in some way personally connected to Weber.  It's his rough ridin' wife or one of his daughters.  Nobody was "pretty upset" about Weber getting crap-canned at Illinois other than his friends and family.  Illinois basketball wasn't just losing, it was rough ridin' miserable to watch or be around.  Nobody gave a crap about it anymore other than to say oscar should be fired.  His rough ridin' impending doom was the only thing inspiring any hope or interest whatsoever in the fanbase. 

he's either a sock or just rough ridin' with everyone. I'm sure he's posted here before under another moniker.
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 18, 2012, 05:49:14 PM »

I apologized for the comment. Not sure what else you want from me. Yes, I do think it is bush league to not buy tickets because you don't like the new head coach before he even coaches a game. Yes, I do think that reflects poorly on that person's support of the university as opposed to an individual. Not going to apologize for thinking that. I am entitled to that opinion. As I said, I should have just kept it to myself, or should have expressed it in a less inflammatory manner. Again, I am sorry for that.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 18, 2012, 05:58:54 PM »
Yes, I do think it is bush league to not buy tickets because you don't like the new head coach before he even coaches a game. Yes, I do think that reflects poorly on that person's support of the university as opposed to an individual.

When the university trumpets ticket sales and attendance as a sign of support for the athletic department's decisions, you can't expect people who hate those decisions to buy tickets.  The strongest factor that nearly kept me from buying tickets was knowing that my purchase would subsequently be used as "evidence" that K-State is buying into the Weber Era.  I bought them anyway because I do love K-State and the players (traitors excluded), but it wasn't easy.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 18, 2012, 06:08:18 PM »
Anyways, calling out CC for questioning someones support is stupid. A lot of people say a lot more inflammatory crap than that.  CC shouldn't have to write an apology essay and everyone doesn't need to get super sensitive just because he works in the AD.  Hamburglar, I don't question your EMAW but I also don't give a crap if your feelings got hurt over that comment (not that you've been the one bitching about it).