Author Topic: Speaking of oscar-ketball  (Read 52684 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Speaking of oscar-ketball
« Reply #225 on: August 17, 2012, 10:13:29 AM »
So blessed to have Trim and Sys as KSU Cat fans. The run of posts in this thread by them are just rough ridin' fantastic.

agreed, also, every post sys has made since march 2012 has been exactly the same.  so no, i don't agree.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 17, 2012, 10:35:35 AM »
Frank Martin was out the door at the first opportunity he had to get out the door . . . he couldn't leave fast enough.

:lol:  at sys . . . just  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at what an effing Frank Martin Kool-Aid Drinker you are.

Fantastic job by Frank "The most Paranoid man in college basketball" Martin in constructing this whole cryptic, obfuscated, "ask your source", "ask them" background story to provide air cover for the  departure he was going to make no matter what anyway. 

He just knew Hayseed Frankites would be pulling up to the trough like the lemmings did for Jim Jones.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:39:59 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 17, 2012, 10:46:17 AM »
In the last 2 years ADJC/Athletic Department A-Holes have:

Suspended our 2 best players/seniors for getting discounted clothing

Continued to actively try to kick Curtis Kelly off the team with no outside NCAA pressure

Held our only senior out of the last game of his collegiate career because of a 200$ receipt from a transfer from a family friend found in a Dillon's trash can

Why the eff would WOULDN'T Frank Martin want to take the first opportunity he had to get out the door?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 17, 2012, 10:50:49 AM »
Frank Martin was out the door at the first opportunity he had to get out the door . . . he couldn't leave fast enough.

this point can't be stated enough.  some people just choose to ignore it.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 17, 2012, 10:53:36 AM »
Continued to actively try to kick Curtis Kelly off the team with no outside NCAA pressure

First time I've heard this.
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2012, 11:10:58 AM »

When I worked within an elected office, and new leaders were voted in who was or everyone knew would be at odds with the existing staff or who even told existing staff that they wouldn't be retained, the staff was out the door at the first opportunity.  Blame them?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2012, 11:11:53 AM »
As for oscar, I think a significant amount of the displeasure in his hire besides the failures at Illinois are that he's the anti-Frank. I think the squeaky clean part has been overplayed, but its clear he has a simple, "nice guy" personality. Even if he's successful here, it will be a lot different, and not quite as much fun (or at least a different fun) than it was with Frank. Frank always made thing interesting, we can already tell that oscar is not going to be that way. I don't think he's an incompetent coach and I believe he has the ability to be successful here, but the lack of personality takes a bit of the fun away, even with my optimistic tendencies.

I think you're wrong. His record gives me more than enough displeasure, and I would hate his hire just as much if he was a charismatic Frank clone. You can also look at stats and know that we won't play defense as intensely or crash the boards as well or play offense as well, which I will also hate.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2012, 11:13:10 AM »

It was actually his third or fourth opportunity.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2012, 11:29:51 AM »
JOHN CURRIE KITN OMG WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO US AND NO ONE ELSE

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 17, 2012, 11:47:12 AM »
Also while I'm here I'll take a run at CC because I think he got a pass.  His response to Hamburgular was total horse crap and it would be if he worked for the AD or if he slung sandwiches at Jimmy John's. "I shouldn't have said it" is a weak ass tapout that wouldn't have been accepted if it came from anyone else.  You shouldn't have thought it.  Who the hell appointed you or anyone else the assessor of EMAW based on reasoning for economic decision making?  I'm fairly sure you have friends or family who don't have season tickets for some reason or another, do you spend time questioning their allegiance?

qfmft.

Sys says don't support Currie because he is not EMAW enough. He just works there, he's not a "real" K-Stater. Who the hell appointed him or anyone else the assessor of EMAW?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 17, 2012, 11:58:58 AM »
Also while I'm here I'll take a run at CC because I think he got a pass.  His response to Hamburgular was total horse crap and it would be if he worked for the AD or if he slung sandwiches at Jimmy John's. "I shouldn't have said it" is a weak ass tapout that wouldn't have been accepted if it came from anyone else.  You shouldn't have thought it.  Who the hell appointed you or anyone else the assessor of EMAW based on reasoning for economic decision making?  I'm fairly sure you have friends or family who don't have season tickets for some reason or another, do you spend time questioning their allegiance?

qfmft.

Sys says don't support Currie because he is not EMAW enough. He just works there, he's not a "real" K-Stater. Who the hell appointed him or anyone else the assessor of EMAW?

I hope MIR gets a little more time on here this weekend.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 17, 2012, 12:12:23 PM »

Omfg.  No, it wasn't.  Frank begged for the Miami job.  Then south carolina comes calling and he rough ridin' jets out of here like it was ucla.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 17, 2012, 12:14:15 PM »
OMG I'M SO ANGRY AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY CURRIE YOU KITN DO YOU HEAR ME NATIONAL MEDIA

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 17, 2012, 12:16:30 PM »

Omfg.  No, it wasn't.  Frank begged for the Miami job.  Then south carolina comes calling and he rough ridin' jets out of here like it was ucla.

He turned down Depaul and Oregon who both offered more than he ever made at K-State, at least a year before his Miami disaster.  I'm sure he regrets turning those down knowing now how things played out.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 17, 2012, 12:20:08 PM »
Yeah, he could be kicking back right now in Nike City planning his complete domination of the PAC 12 for a third year in a row rather than in redneck hillbilly racistville wondering how he can get anyone to care about his team.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 17, 2012, 12:26:15 PM »
Thank God we won't have to go through all of this crap again.  oscar will be here forever.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 17, 2012, 12:54:37 PM »
Thank God we won't have to go through all of this crap again.  oscar will be here forever.

we're going to bury him next to Tiger's dad

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 17, 2012, 01:18:41 PM »
well he wasn't a good fit for Illinois. they fired him. but then again they care about having a good basketball team so you might be right. he might be a good fit for kstate.

I have a friend who goes to Illinois and was pretty upset about Weber leaving. He says he's not the only one either.

There is no rough ridin' way on earth that this poster isn't in some way personally connected to Weber.  It's his rough ridin' wife or one of his daughters.  Nobody was "pretty upset" about Weber getting crap-canned at Illinois other than his friends and family.  Illinois basketball wasn't just losing, it was rough ridin' miserable to watch or be around.  Nobody gave a crap about it anymore other than to say oscar should be fired.  His rough ridin' impending doom was the only thing inspiring any hope or interest whatsoever in the fanbase. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 17, 2012, 01:19:32 PM »

qfmft.

:horrorsurprise: CC is a Dax sock.  This is straight out of the SODJ playbook.  Its okay to ignore the obvious differences between what CC posted and what sys posted.  So now in the eyes of Capt'nDax an employee who isn't an alum who makes decisions based on his career advancement is one in the same of an alum, donor, and season ticket holder who is displeased by the decisions of the guy who is using the school as a transit stop.

You know what Cap'nDax is right, we're wrong.  I'm sure after Currie has gotten his next job he'll wear purple, watch games, and message board in his free time.  When I think of people who bleed purple John Currie is right at the top of the list, eff hamburglar :thumbsup:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 17, 2012, 01:19:55 PM »
well he wasn't a good fit for Illinois. they fired him. but then again they care about having a good basketball team so you might be right. he might be a good fit for kstate.

I have a friend who goes to Illinois and was pretty upset about Weber leaving. He says he's not the only one either.

There is no rough ridin' way on earth that this poster isn't in some way personally connected to Weber.  It's his rough ridin' wife or one of his daughters.  Nobody was "pretty upset" about Weber getting crap-canned at Illinois other than his friends and family.  Illinois basketball wasn't just losing, it was rough ridin' miserable to watch or be around.  Nobody gave a crap about it anymore other than to say oscar should be fired.  His rough ridin' impending doom was the only thing inspiring any hope or interest whatsoever in the fanbase. 

he's either a sock or just rough ridin' with everyone. I'm sure he's posted here before under another moniker.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 17, 2012, 01:24:23 PM »
I am glad MIR is back on his game

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2012, 01:27:46 PM »
Frank Martin bolted because he knew he'd burned so many recruiting bridges that he couldn't sustain the program at the level it was at any longer.    He took the next boat out as fast as he could . . . it was his Dunkirk, he passed up the first 2 sealiners, and then was forced to catch an old sailboat down South when the Panzer's were at the gate.

2 top instate players were passing on K-State almost exclusively because of one reason . . . Frank Martin.   Nobody decent wanted to be subjected to Frank anymore . . . the well was poisoned.

Hayseed Frankites then can't figure out that Frank learned from one of the best . . . "toughest decision I ever made" . . . the lone man walking into the crisp Kansas wind, deep in thought, really gets you right here (pounds chest) doesn't it?   Then as soon as he hops on the jet he's popping a scotch on the rocks and making recruiting calls. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 17, 2012, 01:43:38 PM »
Frank Martin bolted because he knew he'd burned so many recruiting bridges that he couldn't sustain the program at the level it was at any longer.    He took the next boat out as fast as he could . . . it was his Dunkirk, he passed up the first 2 sealiners, and then was forced to catch an old sailboat down South when the Panzer's were at the gate.

2 top instate players were passing on K-State almost exclusively because of one reason . . . Frank Martin.   Nobody decent wanted to be subjected to Frank anymore . . . the well was poisoned.

Hayseed Frankites then can't figure out that Frank learned from one of the best . . . "toughest decision I ever made" . . . the lone man walking into the crisp Kansas wind, deep in thought, really gets you right here (pounds chest) doesn't it?   Then as soon as he hops on the jet he's popping a scotch on the rocks and making recruiting calls.

Next time you have the urge to post in this thread, read the thread title again and ask yourself "Does this relate to the topic at hand?"  Not debating the merits of whether you are right or wrong, but its as topical to this thread as whether or not Ted is the best comedic movie of the last five years.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 17, 2012, 01:45:11 PM »

qfmft.

:horrorsurprise: CC is a Dax sock.  This is straight out of the SODJ playbook.  Its okay to ignore the obvious differences between what CC posted and what sys posted.  So now in the eyes of Capt'nDax an employee who isn't an alum who makes decisions based on his career advancement is one in the same of an alum, donor, and season ticket holder who is displeased by the decisions of the guy who is using the school as a transit stop.

You know what Cap'nDax is right, we're wrong.  I'm sure after Currie has gotten his next job he'll wear purple, watch games, and message board in his free time.  When I think of people who bleed purple John Currie is right at the top of the list, eff hamburglar :thumbsup:

:facepalm:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 17, 2012, 01:46:15 PM »

Next time you have the urge to post in this thread, read the thread title again and ask yourself "Does this relate to the topic at hand?"  Not debating the merits of whether you are right or wrong, but its as topical to this thread as whether or not Ted is the best comedic movie of the last five years.

Then you need to read a whole series of other posts in this thread a lot more closely than you apparently have MIR . . . you're just be selective and you know it.