Author Topic: Operation Rescue (Kansas)  (Read 29887 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Operation Rescue (Kansas)
« on: August 10, 2012, 03:09:56 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Rescue (Kansas)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 03:14:13 PM »
 :sdeek:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 03:22:10 PM »
JFC, the people in this rough ridin' state. . .

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 03:42:50 PM »
Just when I thought the Phelps clan were the worst Kansans.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 05:10:57 PM »
"Ten years olds should be learning how to put on make up and giggling over pictures of Justin Bieber, not learning how to change diapers."

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 07:23:41 PM »
Operation Rescue are some pretty big zealots.  Doesn't mean that the Dr. who gave out second opinions didn't act negligently and shouldn't have had her license taken away.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 07:31:58 PM »
Operation Rescue are some pretty big zealots.  Doesn't mean that the Dr. who gave out second opinions didn't act negligently and shouldn't have had her license taken away.

You have absolutely got to be rough ridin' kidding me.
:adios:

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 08:37:10 PM »

You have absolutely got to be rough ridin' kidding me.

This is from a medical professional that can tell t better than I can.

"At issue here is a physician who assigned psychiatric diagnoses without documenting the basis for those diagnoses. There are either two possibilities here: a) As the board alleged, she rubber-stamped the diagnoses without performing an adequate examination and history of the patients; or b) as she alleges, she performed the examinations and histories and did not adequately document them in the medical record. Now, here's the thing: In EITHER eventuality, that is cause, under Kansas statute (and the laws pretty much anywhere else in the United States), for a finding of professional incompetence and revocation of her license to practice. And that's not even mentioning the utterly unconscionable omission of not referring SUICIDAL patients for follow-up.

Actually, given that she claims she DELIBERATELY withheld information from the medical record, she's darned lucky she wasn't also up on felony charges (something applicable, again, anywhere in the United States). Now, was she under particular scrutiny because of the purpose for which she was providing these diagnoses? Quite possibly. That being the case, however, she was doubly the fool for providing the board with all they needed to revoke her license. We don't need physicians in this state that perform diagnoses by accepting the recommendation of a computer program (against the directions of the program provider, incidentally); we don't need physicians that deliberately falsify medical records; and we don't need physicians that are just plain stupid."

I don't think a 10-year old gild should be forced to take a pregnancy to term any more than you do.  I do think that medical practitioners should be forced to do their job.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 10:22:49 PM »
 :sdeek:

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 12:27:54 AM »
Just ugh all around.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 12:26:46 AM »
J F C

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 12:41:12 AM »
awful situation
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 12:35:09 PM »
You cannot have any sort of intelligent discussion re. abortion when you start off with the words "anti-choice" or "anti-life" or anything like that.  It's impossible.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 09:38:21 PM »
These are the same monsters who turn out in droves at the polls that yell "big government is taking away OUR freedom"!

I mean you can't make this stuff up folks...and its all wrapped in the Amercian flag with rest of the T-Douch-Baggers galloping around and preaching about personal liberty.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 10:03:04 PM »
You cannot have any sort of intelligent discussion re. abortion when you start off with the words "anti-choice" or "anti-life" or anything like that.  It's impossible.

Sure you can. What can't be done is discuss with someone who is inconsistent in any way. Their philosophy must continue, consistently, to all ends.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 03:02:29 AM »

Sure you can. What can't be done is discuss with someone who is inconsistent in any way. Their philosophy must continue, consistently, to all ends.
I just meant that intelligent discussion should probably be devoid of rhetoric.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 07:54:22 AM »

:thumbs:
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 09:34:00 AM »

I just meant that intelligent discussion should probably be devoid of rhetoric.

Just be warned, their intelligent discussion ends with the 10 year old incest rape victim giving birth to her uncle's child.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 12:48:51 PM »
How could anyone possibly be against other people having abortions?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 12:55:15 PM »
If you believe the baby is a person, then it seems reasonably possible that you would be against another person aborting it.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 12:59:02 PM »
If you believe the baby is a person, then it seems reasonably possible that you would be against another person aborting it.

I'll file your response under "because there's a lot of retards out there."

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 01:15:38 PM »

You can file wherever you want. I was answering your question, so maybe you can file your question with my answer?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 01:38:23 PM »

You can file wherever you want. I was answering your question, so maybe you can file your question with my answer?

Dobber, do you believe "the baby is a person?"

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 01:59:14 PM »

Dobber, do you believe "the baby is a person?"
Yes.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 02:42:08 PM »
I'm treading into this discussion carefully because there have been a billion and a half discussions about this on the internet and they're all awful.  But whatever.  My view on this is probably a bit radical and it's kind of an uncomfortable thing to argue, but logically, it's the only one that makes any kind of sense to me.  I'm going to start off with a couple of basic premises that shouldn't be very contentious. 

First, destroying something that isn't human ("clump of cells") is permissible under any circumstance.  On the other hand, we must agree that killing an innocent, defenseless person under any circumstance is wrong.  All sides should be able to agree with me so far.

With that in mind, I think there is only point worth considering.  All other things, be they horribly tragic like rape or incest (or in the case of the musician in a symphony, as in the philosophical argument), I think are irrelevant.  The only point that matters is when, exactly, it goes from "clump of cells" to "human life."  This is where it gets extremely dicey because we need to determine a precise moment in time, a singular second, before which, terminating the "thing" is completely permissible, and after which is the murder of an innocent human being.

If you believe in morality, or the existence or "right and wrong," that moment is extremely profound.  Again, there must exist a point in time, when one second before, the act is completely morally permissible and one second after is a heinous moral act.   There have been a ton of opinions on when that moment is, but there doesn't seem to be any consensus.  This is why I don't understand the significance of rape or incest.  I recognize that those situations are brutal and awful, but the origin of the human or non-human doesn't really matter.  Either the product of rape or incest is human or it's not.  Either abortion at a singular moment in the pregnancy is wrong, or it is not.  How rape or incest figures into that, other than being extremely tragic, is beyond me.   

At this point, I don't think I've offered any kind of opinion on the subject of whether or not abortion is right or wrong.  I think this is how the argument should be framed. 

Personally, I think it's impossible to determine at which point in time that is. I think the only thing that makes sense to me is conception.  I understand the arguments against it, but haven't found any that were particularly compelling. I think my view is the safest bet.  I mean, we're arguing in a very murky area about whether or not something is murder.  Because here's the deal: either it's murder or it's not and I think it's best to err on the side of caution.

I think it's too gray and I think it's too risky and I think if people believe there are murders against human life being sanctioned by the state that it's a worthy cause for which to fight.  I know I'm going to get shallacked on here for my opinion, but any other opinion I offered would be dishonest.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:54:23 PM by Dlew12 »