Author Topic: Operation Rescue (Kansas)  (Read 29885 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Rescue (Kansas)
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2012, 05:43:57 PM »
The "exact point" dlew is seeking is when a person comes out of a woman.  Years later, on the date of that exact point, elites will have threads on goEMAW featuring pics of birthday cakes that relate to their lives somehow.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2012, 05:45:35 PM »
Question Dlew.  Who should be responsible for the support and rearing of these rape and/or incest babies that we're forcing women to have?  The already victimized mothers?  Society at large?  Some facts to ponder in determining the inviolate sanctity and inherent value of human life:

World Population:   
7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.)

Birth rate:   
19.14 births/1,000 population
note: this rate results in about 252 worldwide births per minute or 4.2 births every second (2012 est.)

Death rate:   
7.99 deaths/1,000 population
note: this rate results in about 107 worldwide deaths per minute or 1.8 deaths every second (July 2012 est.)

Population growth rate:   
1.096%
note: this rate results in about 145 net additions to the worldwide population every minute or 2.4 every second (2012 est.)

Point being, there are plenty of us and then some.  I don't see it as an automatic that we need to protect human life at all costs.     

Which brings me to my next question, could you be the one to look the victim of rape and/or incest in the eye and tell her she has to have that "baby" her feelings on the subject (i.e., her carrying, birthing, financially/emotionally supporting the child, etc.) be damned?  "I know it's horribly tragic sweetheart, but it's irrelevant what you feel. Chin up."  :confused:

Not me, friend.
Perfectly valid questions.  I don't claim to be 100% right on the subject.

I'm going to tackle your post, which really has 3 arguments, one at a time.  The first: who should be responsible for the "babies" (your words, not mine)?  Yes, I think society at large should be responsible, if the mothers are unwilling.  I know it's a strain, but I do think there is inherent value to human life.  If these are "people" (an admittedly debatable label) we're dealing with, then I think it's irresponsible to "kill" them, because the alternative would be a financial strain.  We do not kill foster children, we do not kill all prisoners.  My point is, society does care for human life.  We already carry the burden of the poor, and the elderly, and the sick, and those in prison.  Is it not just as reasonable to care for innocent children (assuming, of course, that they are "humans")?

Regarding your Malthusian argument citing population statistics: I understand.  Abortion certainly helps to control growth which has terrific consequences for the rest of us, the most interesting of which, in my opinion, is the sharp decline in the crime rate, as noted in Freakonomics.  But sheesh, it seems even staunch advocates of abortion would shy away from that argument.  It seems awful nihilistic.

Finally, could I tell the victim of rape they need to have children?  Gosh, I don't know.  It'd be really rough.  I guess I would have to if I really believe in this philosophy, but I'd certainly try to put it a little more delicately than "chin up." 

Further though, I think I may have done a poor job of explaining what I meant.  I don't find the feelings of rape victims irrelevant.  I find them extremely relevant.  My heart goes out to them and I couldn't imagine being in their shoes.  However, I do find their feelings do not constructively contribute to the argument.  Again, my point is, if the "thing" is a "human" we shouldn't kill it, even if the mother has undergone a profound injustice, I think it's wrong to kill an innocent life.

It's a very well thought-out response.  The only thing I disagree with is the idea that population control as an additional supporting argument in favor of a rape victim's right to choose is nihilistic.  Quite the contrary, logical arguments in favor of the greater good, particularly population control, are anything but embracing anarchy nor an expression of a belief in nothingness. 

Between us, it simply comes down to how much importance you put on human life and if you're willing to sacrifice it for other considerations.  I am inherently misanthropic.  When it comes to the question of humankind, "more" is far from the first word that springs to my mind (myself most sincerely included). 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2012, 05:48:29 PM »
In the case of rape, which is where the rubber meets the road on this issue in my eyes, where is the "we" in that scenario?  We're not talking about forcing the rape victim to fill out some paper work or to pee in a cup here; we're talking about 9 months of pregnancy and child birth.  Who are you to have a say in that decision?  She no longer has a choice not because reality so dictates, but because of the say so of someone who has no burden to bear once the decision is made, doesn't have to deal with the accompanying physical/emotional/financial fallout, wasn't raped, etc.?  You get to prance off on your moral high horse after you've told all the silly rape victims of the world not only where their priorities should lie, but where they will lie, never having walked in their shoes. 

I just can't wrap my mind around the arrogance of someone who thinks they get the final say over the victim in such cases.  That a belief that we're all unique little snow flakes entitled to life somehow justifies perpetrating what could be a second and more devastating victimization.  The whole human life above all else argument is idealistic to the point of being juvenile. 

For example, consider a Typhoid Mary hypothetical.  We know a child is a carrier of some super pathogen that will result in the deaths of hundreds of other human beings.  The only way to prevent this mass death is the destruction of the child who would have otherwise continued on living a healthy life.  Do we kill it?  One to save hundreds of lives or thousands or millions?  Surely the right of the many to life outweighs the right of the one?  Do we consign them to death to let one innocent live?  Keep in mind "[w]hat can't be done is discuss with someone who is inconsistent in any way. Their philosophy must continue, consistently, to all ends." 

To me there exist considerations that trump innocent human life.  The aforementioned are two of them.  What about you big guy?

The idea is that the rape victim is not superior to her baby. What would make her so? And the world we live in stinks for all, sorry. (Why?)

We aren't entitled to life. We are also not entitled to health or safety or comfort. But in some cases we can try to ensure the best for all involved.

Your hypothetical is not the same as what we are talking about here. But, if we're trying to do the best we can for all involved, we should allow the mother and child to live, instead of aborting, and we should kill the person carrying the pathogen. While I don't think a society will ever have to make a decision like that one (and I think there is a reason for that), it is interesting to note that the basis of Christianity is one, innocent, giving up his life for the lives (souls) of countless others.

This is why I say God can't be removed from these discussions because that is what gives me my consistency. Human logic, common morality, ethics, all are faulty and all can be transcended. But, we can't always know the why's and how's and problems are part of the problem.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2012, 05:58:23 PM »
The world doesn't stink.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:09:55 PM by Ging »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2012, 06:37:00 PM »
Civil rights are for citizens.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2012, 06:48:24 PM »
Welp, good thing people smarter than all of us have already decided this.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2012, 07:42:52 PM »
great post dlew. that took guts.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2012, 08:02:53 PM »

Oh please.  It may have taken brain cells and some time, but it did not take any guts.  He laid out a common opinion, held by many others, on a message board.  He is adorable, a great cat fan and a smart young man, but he didn't storm Omaha beach with the opinion that life begins at conception.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2012, 08:04:08 PM »

Oh please.  It may have taken brain cells and some time, but it did not take any guts.  He laid out a common opinion, held by many others, on a message board.  He is adorable, a great cat fan and a smart young man, but he didn't storm Omaha beach with the opinion that life begins at conception.
THE HELL I DIDN'T!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2012, 08:09:26 PM »

Maybe guts was too strong. But i'm mildly terrified every time i utter anything serious on this board  :grin:

And while it is a common opinion in many circles - this is certainly not one of them..
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2012, 08:51:23 PM »

Well crap, I didn't even get that as his opinion.  I thought he was more a viability guy.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2012, 09:01:20 PM »
most of these fetuses that are being aborted would grow up to be lousy human beings.  so its probably for the better.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2012, 09:09:22 PM »
Playing devils advocate here.

Perfectly valid questions.  I don't claim to be 100% right on the subject.

I'm going to tackle your post, which really has 3 arguments, one at a time.  The first: who should be responsible for the "babies" (your words, not mine)?  Yes, I think society at large should be responsible, if the mothers are unwilling.  I know it's a strain, but I do think there is inherent value to human life.  If these are "people" (an admittedly debatable label) we're dealing with, then I think it's irresponsible to "kill" them, because the alternative would be a financial strain.  We do not kill foster children, we do not kill all prisoners.  My point is, society does care for human life.  We already carry the burden of the poor, and the elderly, and the sick, and those in prison.  Is it not just as reasonable to care for innocent children (assuming, of course, that they are "humans")?

Why is it necessary for government to facilitate this.  If pro-lifers were that passionate - couldn't this be charity driven?  Perhaps adoption rates would go up if the process were easier through less government and people that truly do care about this issue would do more than "vote" and "pay their taxes".

Regarding your Malthusian argument citing population statistics: I understand.  Abortion certainly helps to control growth which has terrific consequences for the rest of us, the most interesting of which, in my opinion, is the sharp decline in the crime rate, as noted in Freakonomics.  But sheesh, it seems even staunch advocates of abortion would shy away from that argument.  It seems awful nihilistic.

What would be more tragic?  If the crime rate reduction were to successfully be linked to abortion - or - the obvious fact that there are so many people out there that want kids while there are so many unwanted kids out there?  Why is adoption such a lengthy and expensive process?

Finally, could I tell the victim of rape they need to have children?  Gosh, I don't know.  It'd be really rough.  I guess I would have to if I really believe in this philosophy, but I'd certainly try to put it a little more delicately than "chin up." 

Further though, I think I may have done a poor job of explaining what I meant.  I don't find the feelings of rape victims irrelevant.  I find them extremely relevant.  My heart goes out to them and I couldn't imagine being in their shoes.  However, I do find their feelings do not constructively contribute to the argument.  Again, my point is, if the "thing" is a "human" we shouldn't kill it, even if the mother has undergone a profound injustice, I think it's wrong to kill an innocent life.

My previous post was a serious question.  If you can respect the rights of an unborn child - why can you not respect the rights of a mother?  Would it be a reasonable solution to transfer the unwanted child/fetus to an incubator or even a surrogate mother to allow the "natural selection of life" determine if the unborn child lives?  If you can accept "God" allowing death through natural disasters, is this scenario that far from that? 
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2012, 09:10:32 PM »
Lotta men here discussing what chicks should do with their vaginas.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2012, 09:11:41 PM »
I say life begins with a heartbeat, just like it ends without one.

Some would argue it begins with conception, some would argue it begins with brain activity, some would argue it begins with breath.   :dunno:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2012, 09:12:47 PM »
And anyone that believesvictims of rape and or incest must carry the child to term deserves to be raped by their uncle

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2012, 09:14:23 PM »
And anyone that believesvictims of rape and or incest must carry the child to term deserves to be raped by their uncle Fitz.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2012, 09:15:26 PM »
And anyone that believesvictims of rape and or incest must carry the child to term deserves to be raped by their uncle
And......I'm out.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2012, 09:17:09 PM »
Life begins when a fetus becomes viable.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2012, 09:19:01 PM »
Lotta men here discussing what chicks should do with their vaginas.

God wants it that way apparently.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2012, 09:27:35 PM »
I don't care about anyone else's fetus that was conceived a few months ago. At all. If the mother and father think their lives will be enough better if the fetus is never born to make the difficult choice to abort, I have no problem with it.  I don't think I could ever do it myself, but I bet that could change if I knocked up a rando on a one night stand.
:adios:

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2012, 09:29:23 PM »
In the case of rape, which is where the rubber meets the road on this issue in my eyes, where is the "we" in that scenario?  We're not talking about forcing the rape victim to fill out some paper work or to pee in a cup here; we're talking about 9 months of pregnancy and child birth.  Who are you to have a say in that decision?  She no longer has a choice not because reality so dictates, but because of the say so of someone who has no burden to bear once the decision is made, doesn't have to deal with the accompanying physical/emotional/financial fallout, wasn't raped, etc.?  You get to prance off on your moral high horse after you've told all the silly rape victims of the world not only where their priorities should lie, but where they will lie, never having walked in their shoes. 

I just can't wrap my mind around the arrogance of someone who thinks they get the final say over the victim in such cases.  That a belief that we're all unique little snow flakes entitled to life somehow justifies perpetrating what could be a second and more devastating victimization.  The whole human life above all else argument is idealistic to the point of being juvenile. 

For example, consider a Typhoid Mary hypothetical.  We know a child is a carrier of some super pathogen that will result in the deaths of hundreds of other human beings.  The only way to prevent this mass death is the destruction of the child who would have otherwise continued on living a healthy life.  Do we kill it?  One to save hundreds of lives or thousands or millions?  Surely the right of the many to life outweighs the right of the one?  Do we consign them to death to let one innocent live?  Keep in mind "[w]hat can't be done is discuss with someone who is inconsistent in any way. Their philosophy must continue, consistently, to all ends." 

To me there exist considerations that trump innocent human life.  The aforementioned are two of them.  What about you big guy?

The idea is that the rape victim is not superior to her baby. What would make her so? And the world we live in stinks for all, sorry. (Why?)

We aren't entitled to life. We are also not entitled to health or safety or comfort. But in some cases we can try to ensure the best for all involved.

Your hypothetical is not the same as what we are talking about here. But, if we're trying to do the best we can for all involved, we should allow the mother and child to live, instead of aborting, and we should kill the person carrying the pathogen. While I don't think a society will ever have to make a decision like that one (and I think there is a reason for that), it is interesting to note that the basis of Christianity is one, innocent, giving up his life for the lives (souls) of countless others.

This is why I say God can't be removed from these discussions because that is what gives me my consistency. Human logic, common morality, ethics, all are faulty and all can be transcended. But, we can't always know the why's and how's and problems are part of the problem.

People interpret God differently than others.  Take this for example:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."  4Nicodemus *said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old?  He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?"  5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  7"Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'  8"The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit,"

Did John 3:5 just reference life beginning at being born of water?  As in being born of amniotic fluid?

That may seem as a stretch to a christrian pro-lifer - but for someone looking for biblical reference to when life becomes life... that's the closest I've ever found.   Furthermore, for a group of people that believe in an afterlife - why is death such a tragic thing?   Would a soul prefer the life of an unwanted/unloved child?  Seems like that would lead a person to a life leading to Hell... If you believe such a place.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »
Really would like to hear fannings thoughts on this subject :popcorn:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2012, 09:36:07 PM »
Nobody should look to the Bible for why abortion should or should not be legal (see Separation of Church and State thread).

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »
Nobody should look to the Bible for why abortion should or should not be legal (see Separation of Church and State thread).
I basically agree with this.