Author Topic: Zimmerman gets a stand-your-ground hearing  (Read 26256 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Zimmerman gets a stand-your-ground hearing
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2012, 12:51:28 PM »
I have witnessed him engage in conversation with people attempting to bully him - and watched as he deflates their ignorance.   He's also really good at pointing out hypocrites... something I'm trying to become better at myself.

good call heinballz. that 17 year old was being chased by an adult male with a gun in the dark. once he was caught by the adult male with the gun that was chasing him, he should have just "engage(d) in conversation with people attempting to bully him - and watched as he deflates(d) their ignorance".

you probably expect women to just lay back and take it too i guess. or maybe they could also "engage in conversation" and "deflate the ignorance" of someone that is threatening physical acts on them. you should teach a self defense class with this stuff.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2012, 01:03:07 PM »
The great Fatty Fat Fat once said, "smile, you're being judged" 

As a minority, rising above ignorance works better than fitting yourself into someones stereotype.   
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2012, 01:04:53 PM »
I bet heinzballz kid would have kicked zimmerman's ass before he could get his gun out.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2012, 01:05:36 PM »
If GZ didn't have a gun, then neither of them are dead today.  I don't think that is really debatable.

Do you really want to go down that rabbit hole?

Sure, I don't believe that TM would have beaten GZ to death or vice versa. Certainly there is a lower chance of death.  To be clear, I didn't say if all guns were outlawed no one would ever be killed, I said if GZ didn't have a gun, then neither of them would have died.
:adios:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2012, 01:06:08 PM »
i mean really though, how absurdly naive of the kid that was being chased in the dark by a guy with a gun to attempt to fight back when the guy caught him. he should've just quoted a whitty bit of prose and then went along his way.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2012, 01:07:47 PM »
probably shouldn't have run?   :dunno:

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2012, 01:08:46 PM »
Sure, I don't believe that TM would have beaten GZ to death or vice versa. Certainly there is a lower chance of death.  To be clear, I didn't say if all guns were outlawed no one would ever be killed, I said if GZ didn't have a gun, then neither of them would have died.

how deeply insightful.  I read a study once that said if cars didn't exist, there would be no automotive fatalities.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2012, 01:11:00 PM »

he should have sat there and had his rights crap on?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2012, 01:11:25 PM »
I bet heinzballz kid would have kicked zimmerman's ass before he could get his gun out.

no way. heinballz kid is above physical acts. if some old dude was chasing heinballz jr in the night with a gun through an unfamiliar neighborhood. heinballz jr would stop, turn around and engage the assailant with whitty debate on the effects of libor and loan rates.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2012, 01:11:50 PM »
Welp, another mass shooting in College Station.  Wonder how many he'd have gotten with a sabre?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2012, 01:12:40 PM »
I don't know what the hell happened and I don't side with either one of them since I have not tried to follow the details of this. I am pretty sure it didn't happen like this:
Guy with gun: <while chasing guy without gun, draws his gun and says> Stop, I have a gun.
Guy without gun: <turns around and runs up to guy with gun and starts beating the crap out of him>
Guy with gun: <takes at least one good blow to head (maybe several) and then shoots the guy without gun>

Note, I did love the pictures the media was using of the guy without gun. It looked like he was 11 or 12 years old and I was like, "How in the hell could <guy with gun> shoot a pre-teen?!?"

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2012, 01:12:56 PM »

no way. heinballz kid is above physical acts. if some old dude was chasing heinballz jr in the night with a gun through an unfamiliar neighborhood. heinballz jr would stop, turn around and engage the assailant with whitty debate on the effects of libor and loan rates.

or used a 3d printer to make his own gun and then blow zimmerman's rough ridin' head off.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2012, 01:18:18 PM »

so if i'm ever in a weird neighborhood at night and i notice some male possibly following me and then i speed up and i notice he speeds up and i cross streets and he crosses and then i see he has a gun and at this point, i still have some distance between us...your advice to me would be to stop and turn around and address the unknown man with a gun that is aggressively following me at night through a neighborhood that i am unfamiliar with? that's really your advice?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2012, 01:23:56 PM »

so if i'm ever in a weird neighborhood at night and i notice some male possibly following me and then i speed up and i notice he speeds up and i cross streets and he crosses and then i see he has a gun and at this point, i still have some distance between us...your advice to me would be to stop and turn around and address the unknown man with a gun that is aggressively following me at night through a neighborhood that i am unfamiliar with? that's really your advice?

I gave up on this thread a few pages back, but why do we think he ran? At some point he had to confront the guy with the gun in order to beat on him prior to getting shot. If he would have run and gotten shot in the back while running away, down a public street, the guy with a gun would be behind bars, wouldn't he?

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2012, 01:26:11 PM »

he should have sat there and had his rights crap on?

Forgive me guys... I was way off on this.  I didn't realize GZ was running around with his gun out just looking for black people to shoot.    I figured the gun came out after TM started kicking his ass.    I only assumed that when I heard TM was cutting through properties & hopping fences at the gated community... I didn't realize TM was calmly walking down the sidewalk when a crazed racist mexican came running up on him with his gun drawn telling him to "bite the curb or die mother rough rider!"

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2012, 01:30:22 PM »

I gave up on this thread a few pages back, but why do we think he ran? At some point he had to confront the guy with the gun in order to beat on him prior to getting shot. If he would have run and gotten shot in the back while running away, down a public street, the guy with a gun would be behind bars, wouldn't he?

ABC News was there exclusively as the 16-year-old girl told Crump about the last moments of the teenager's life. Martin had been talking to his girlfriend all the way to the store where he bought Skittles and a tea. The phone was in his pocket and the earphone in his ear, Crump said.

ABC News
Trayvon Martin, 17, was fatally shot by... View Full Size

ABC News
Trayvon Martin, 17, was fatally shot by neighborhood watch leader George Zimmerman. Neighborhood-Watch Shooting: Girlfriend Speaks Watch Video
  Trayvon Martin's Alleged Killer: 911 Calls Watch Video
  Florida Teen Killed by Community-Watch Member Watch Video
 "He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run, but he said he was not going to run."

Eventually, he would run, said the girl, thinking that he'd managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin.

"Trayvon said, 'What are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again, and he didn't answer the phone."

The line went dead. Besides screams heard on 911 calls that night as Martin and Zimmerman scuffled, those were the last words he said.

Trayvon's phone logs, also obtained exclusively by ABC News, show the conversation occurred five minutes before police first arrived on the scene. Crump said the girl's identity was being withheld because "her parents are gravely concerned about her health and her safety." Her parents asked that only an attorney be allowed to ask her questions.

Martin's father, Tracey Martin, and mother, Sybrina Fulton, listened to the call, along with ABC News, ashen-faced.

"He knew he was being followed and tried to get away from the guy, and the guy still caught up with him," Tracey Martin said. "And that's the most disturbing part. He thought he had got away from the guy, and the guy backtracked for him."

The girl was so distraught after the killing that she spent a night in the hospital, the lawyer said.

"She was really traumatized over this. They were dating. ... It's a situation where to know you were the last person to talk to the young man who was one of the most special persons in the world to you," Crump said.

The lawyer said he would give the details of the phone call to the federal investigation.

"We're going to turn this over to the Justice Department because the family does not trust the Sanford Police Department to have anything to do with the investigation," said Crump.

Zimmerman killed Martin as Martin walked back to his father's fiance's home after stepping out to buy snacks during the NBA All-Star Game. After weeks of relentless pressure, the Sanford Police Department at last released emergency and nonemergency calls placed during the attack.

"These a**holes always get away," Zimmerman said in a call to a nonemergency number.

Dispatcher: "Are you following him?"

Zimmerman: "Yeah."

Dispatcher: "We don't need you to do that."

An altercation soon ensued. A few moments later a torrent of 911 calls flooded in and Martin was killed by a single bullet. Zimmerman claimed self-defense and has yet to be arrested, stoking outrage and claims of prejudice against the police department.

"When George Zimmerman is arrested, tried and convicted I will get a little rest," Tracey Martin said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-arrest-now-abc-reveals-crucial-phone/story?id=15959017

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2012, 01:59:22 PM »
Good thing GZ appointed himself to the police force.  He will get treated like a cop in the pen.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2012, 02:13:34 PM »
rick daris, don't you know that was just the liberal media trying to drum up support for something?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2012, 02:18:02 PM »
Seems like the person stalking someone was probably in the wrong.  Also, carrying a gun around with them as part of their neighborhood watch duties is probably not a great decision.  Probably also should've listened to the dispatcher who said to knock it the eff off.

All of those seem much stupider/more dangerous than confronting someone following you.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2012, 02:32:35 PM »
so just remember guys...if it's dark and you are in an unfamiliar neighborhood and some guy 80 pounds bigger than you are is chasing after you...don't run.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2012, 03:25:19 PM »
No - turn around and kick his ass.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2012, 03:26:20 PM »
also, don't serve eviction papers on anyone's house

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2012, 03:40:31 PM »
also, don't serve eviction papers on anyone's house

Yeah, no kidding. Judge not lest ye be judged.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Zimmerman gets a stand-your-ground hearing
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2013, 10:36:13 AM »
Bump

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2013, 11:08:38 AM »
Bump

Well he seems a little biased.