Author Topic: Zimmerman gets a stand-your-ground hearing  (Read 26250 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Zimmerman gets a stand-your-ground hearing
« on: August 09, 2012, 12:28:34 PM »
How batshit crazy are people going to get when this guy walks? I think pretty batshit crazy.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Zimmerman gets a stand-your-ground hearing
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 12:41:59 PM »
It's going to be pretty bad. If this qualifies as self defense, then we need to really evaluate self defense laws.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 12:50:13 PM »
I have the right to self defense judge any man I choose

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 01:11:47 PM »
It's going to be pretty bad. If this qualifies as self defense, then we need to really evaluate self defense laws.

I dunno. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 01:16:45 PM »

I dunno.

I just don't think carrying a gun gives you the right to go and start fights and then shoot the other guy when you are losing that fight. Maybe I'm just a crazy gun control nut, though. :dunno:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 01:21:08 PM »

I dunno.

I just don't think carrying a gun gives you the right to go and start fights and then shoot the other guy when you are losing that fight. Maybe I'm just a crazy gun control nut, though. :dunno:

I'm not sure he started the fight. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 01:23:42 PM »

I dunno.

I don't think the kid dragged him into his dad's girlfriend's back yard.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 01:44:35 PM »

I dunno.

I don't think anyone dragged anyone anywhere.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 01:45:43 PM »

I dunno.

I agree, but I'm also pretty sure that GZ shot TM to death after chasing TM down.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 01:59:11 PM »
Who was attacked by who would be the indicator of who I would side with obviously... There's just so many conflicting stories out there, I don't know what to believe.   
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 02:02:45 PM »

I dunno.

I agree, but I'm also pretty sure that GZ shot TM to death after chasing TM down.

Ya me too. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 02:06:50 PM »
Who was attacked by who would be the indicator of who I would side with obviously... There's just so many conflicting stories out there, I don't know what to believe.

I think "Who had a reason to be at the location at the time of the altercation?" should come into play as well. TM probably just thought that GZ was an intruder and was protecting his father's girlfriend's property.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:13:31 PM by Nuts Kicked »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 02:11:33 PM »

I think "Who had a reason to be at the location at the time of the altercation?" should come into play as well. TM probably just thought that GZ was an intruder and was protecting his fater's girlfriend's property.

If anything he was protecting himself from some weird trying to detain him for some unknown reason.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 02:13:10 PM »

I think "Who had a reason to be at the location at the time of the altercation?" should come into play as well. TM probably just thought that GZ was an intruder and was protecting his father's girlfriend's property.

If anything he was protecting himself from some weird trying to detain him for some unknown reason.

Yeah, no kidding. If GZ pulled him even a few feet that is kidnapping, but unfortunately GZ killed the only witness to this crime so we will never know.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 04:10:00 PM »
My step sister lives 2 blocks away from where the shooting took place.

She has talked to several cops from the town about it.

TM jumped GZ after GZ was following him and told him to stop.

Started smashing his head into the ground.  GZ pulled his gun and shot him once in the chest.

The cops she talked to were all  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: when they heard people saying it was cold blood.  GZ defended himself and the black community is twisting it to a race war(mostly fueled by the media).
:dance:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 04:19:10 PM »

Started smashing his head into the ground.  GZ pulled his gun and shot him once in the chest.

The cops she talked to were all  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: when they heard people saying it was cold blood.  GZ defended himself and the black community is twisting it to a race war(mostly fueled by the media).

Yeah, I'm sure the local cops are a great source of information here. They wouldn't be trying to cover their asses at all.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 04:24:03 PM »
NK, she lives 2 blocks away.  Obvs she knows exactly what went on.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 04:25:07 PM »
NK, she lives 2 blocks away.  Obvs she knows exactly what went on.

crap, that's a good point.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 04:40:33 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure the local cops are a great source of information here. They wouldn't be trying to cover their asses at all.

Correct.

No need to.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 04:47:38 PM »

Correct.

No need to.

Yeah. I mean they wouldn't look like a bunch of Barney Fife redneck hayseeds at all if GZ gets found guilty.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 04:50:49 PM »

Correct.

No need to.

Yeah. I mean they wouldn't look like a bunch of Barney Fife redneck hayseeds at all if GZ gets found guilty.

If he gets found guilty it will be because GZ would have been smeared to look like a racist to the jury/judge.  All the evidence points to him being well within his legal rights to retaliate how he did.  It's not like he emptied a clip.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 05:17:49 PM »
OK Unruly, let me get this straight.  You're saying TM knew GZ was following him, asked GZ to stop following him, GZ didn't, so TM jumped GZ.  At this point GZ has the right to pull out his gun and shoot TM because he is being attacked.  TM stood his ground against a man following him because he felt threatened, but because TM stood his ground with his fists, that gives GZ the right to stand his ground with a gun?

If it's within your legal rights to provoke someone to protect themselves (while knowing you are carrying a gun) and then shoot them because of their reaction to you stalking them, then the law is mumped up. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 05:29:52 PM »
OK Unruly, let me get this straight.  You're saying TM knew GZ was following him, asked GZ to stop following him, GZ didn't, so TM jumped GZ.  At this point GZ has the right to pull out his gun and shoot TM because he is being attacked.  TM stood his ground against a man following him because he felt threatened, but because TM stood his ground with his fists, that gives GZ the right to stand his ground with a gun?

If it's within your legal rights to provoke someone to protect themselves (while knowing you are carrying a gun) and then shoot them because of their reaction to you stalking them, then the law is mumped up.

I don't think this is the definition of standing your ground. More like beating the crap out of somebody for following you.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 05:33:47 PM »
Guys I understand this is a polarizing subject but please.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 06:48:47 PM »
I have the right to self defense judge any man I choose

I'd bring my own judge to a stand your ground hearing