Author Topic: SNYDER AND CLOSE CONFIDANTS: JOHN CURRIE PROMOTION RELATED THREAD  (Read 21634 times)

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
captain, when you didn't come over and drop hints about our game times for the first football game I thought you were gone for good.  really good to have you back!  :excited:

I have lurked now and then. Will still try to keep you guys on the right path when I can. I find the constant Currie-bashing tiresome and misguided, so I haven't posted as often.

You have to at least admit his western outfits for NUTPAKS are very :dubious:

So? Many many many people look goofy wearing jeans and boots.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Also glad CC is back.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Yep, sending him to NU helps.

But, here is the very interesting part of this...what do you think would happen if Wabash Station got it into their heads that Snyder was at odds with Currie...and further what do you think would happen if Snyder left ("retired") and leaked that Currie was at least part to blame for Snyder's decision?

That would be a nuclear bomb, would it not?  Those people would go bonkers, right?

I mean, if you're Currie, you are either thinking "I have to get out of here, ASAP," or "the next hire has to blow their doors off" right?

Fascinating.   :popcorn:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
This could be the most fun thread of the fall.   :popcorn:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Seriously though, capatain, you should know that there really are serious grumblings.

There are always two sides...but there are grumblings.

I can't speak to who told you what, since I don't know who it was or what their motivation is. I can probably guess who it was and why he said it though... But based on what I have been told FB's problem isn't / wasn't with JC.

yeah, we were happy to hear he was heading north but some people said he was just the pawn.

He operated independently under general outlines from above. Issues from some was not about the outlines.

Offline highway61

• Fan
    • View Profile
The rumors are RAMPANT about how much every single coach on campus hates Currie (save for Weber, obviously), but of particular interest to us here at goEMAW.com are those concerned with LHC LHC Bill Snyder.

It has been brought to our attention that Bill may prefer to hang it up than deal with Currie any longer. 

Yeah, sorry to tell you that literally no part of this is true.

So you are saying Weber obviously hates Currie?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Seriously though, capatain, you should know that there really are serious grumblings.

I can't speak to who told you what, since I don't know who it was or what their motivation is. I can probably guess who it was and why he said it though... But based on what I have been told FB's problem isn't / wasn't with JC.

yeah, we were happy to hear he was heading north but some people said he was just the pawn.

He operated independently under general outlines from above. Issues from some was not about the outlines.

this is very good to hear.   :thumbs:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile

yeah, we were happy to hear he was heading north but some people said he was just the pawn Paughn.

FYP

:D
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I happen to think that Currie will be very, very motivated to make a great football hire.  That is great for KSU, IMO.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not sure which I enjoy more:  gpc itk or goEMAW itk.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I happen to think that Currie will be very, very motivated to make a great football hire.  That is great for KSU, IMO.

I have no doubt he'll be motivated to make a great hire. But just because he thinks he's making a great hire doesn't mean he actually is. See: Your local chicken nuggets Cup.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
captain, when you didn't come over and drop hints about our game times for the first football game I thought you were gone for good.  really good to have you back!  :excited:

I have lurked now and then. Will still try to keep you guys on the right path when I can. I find the constant Currie-bashing tiresome and misguided, so I haven't posted as often.

You have to at least admit his western outfits for NUTPAKS are very :dubious:

So? Many many many people look goofy wearing jeans and boots.

Natural emaws don't though. This clearly shows that he's unfit to lead.

(glad you're back)

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Yep, sending him to NU helps.

But, here is the very interesting part of this...what do you think would happen if Wabash Station got it into their heads that Snyder was at odds with Currie...and further what do you think would happen if Snyder left ("retired") and leaked that Currie was at least part to blame for Snyder's decision?

That would be a nuclear bomb, would it not?  Those people would go bonkers, right?

I mean, if you're Currie, you are either thinking "I have to get out of here, ASAP," or "the next hire has to blow their doors off" right?

Fascinating.   :popcorn:

Not sure what you're getting at, but your basic outline is true about any rumor about anything anywhere. If enough people believe something and it is left uncorrected or unchallenged, it becomes an issue that has to be addressed. Honestly, I view this scenario as my main reason for posting on this board -- to keep things spiraling from incorrect rumor into fact.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I am very glad to have you posting on this.

However, you cannot swing a dead cat in Manhattan without someone talking about this very thing.  So, there is something there, IMO. 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sorry, I'm a little lost here...who's FB?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile

Feared Beard, the KSU equivalent of Deep Throat. Very itk, hush hush stuff. Best not to ask about him again if you value your horse.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

would love to see the void in both (pro tip- it's huge in either case)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It stands for Facebook.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile

goEMAW for me. gpc itk is 99% about trying to prove you know somebody or have connections. goEMAW itk is 99% about rabble rousing, so whether accurate or not, it's always fun.

Except for BSAC itk, which has been proven to be 100% gospel truth.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile

Charlie Weis.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Charlie Weis.

Ah, yes.  I should have gotten this from the elwood bbsbites.

catzacker

You know, when they forced Khruschev out, he sat down and wrote two letters to his successor. He said - "When you get yourself into a situation you can't get out of, open the first letter, and you'll be safe. When you get yourself into another situation you can't get out of, open the second letter". Well, soon enough, this guy found himself into a tight place, so he opened the first letter. Which said - "Blame everything on me". So he blames the old man, it worked like a charm. He got himself into a second situation he couldn't get out of, he opened the second letter. It said - "Sit down, and write two letters".

just sayin'

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
cc-

frank was more/less forced out or left completely on his own?
snyder tried to go above currie and start dealing directly with schulz about certain things?

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
After chatting it up with some equestrian friends they made the statement "I don't even consider currie the AD anymore"

Me: what??

Them: He's a douche nozzel and fake, probably gone soon.

Me: wow