Author Topic: Ubben's boner for Snyds  (Read 13069 times)

Offline detch23

• Fan
  • My Dire Wolf's name is Willie
    • View Profile
Ubben's boner for Snyds
« on: July 09, 2012, 09:13:48 AM »
Puts LHCBS in perspective compared to other schools. This brings me back to the topic of what we are going to do for our next coach.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/62681/programs-without-winningest-coaches

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Ubben's boner for Snyds
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 09:16:55 AM »
#ubben4merc

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 09:17:06 AM »
Ron Zook.  It's going to be Ron Zook.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 09:58:21 AM »
Just how effed are we going to be without him?

God damnit.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 09:58:42 AM »

We will probably get Dooley after Tennessee fires him.

Offline EMAW 4 Ever

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 10:01:23 AM »
I have never been under the impression that Ubben hates K-State, but I think this is more just agknowlegeing how terrible we were without him.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 10:04:54 AM »

God damnit.

Ubben or Snyder?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 10:06:10 AM »
Here's what we know:

Currie wants out of Manhattan yesterday.  Wants it so bad it's the only thing he thinks about.  But, he isn't leaving for a worse job.  He wants a big time job.  He has obviously tainted his image by not being able to get along with his basketball coach.  Some dumbasses will tell you that there isn't enough public evidence for this and some will refuse to believe it.  Everyone who is everyone in college sports knows what went down and that those two rough ridin' idiots couldn't play nice.  He made it worse by hiring a loser who anyone who had an opening could have hired.  He has done well raising money.  He timed that right as conference armageddon was happening and our alumni realized we had a real shot at getting kicked out of the big kid pool if we didn't start doing some crap.  He also looks good because we are comparing him to a bunch of dumbfucks who preceeded him who didn't know crap about raising money (I still love you Bob).  So, he knows he has to make a big hire in football.  He knows his chance will come soon.  He will take a better job if one comes available before Bill dies or whatever but he may not get an offer.  I think he will try to make a splash football coach hire.  I'm hopeful he will try to pay a lot to do so.  I'm not really that concerned with Currie making this hire.

Offline detch23

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 10:08:08 AM »

God damnit.

I wouldn't say effed, OB prolly has 5 good years left and that is plenty of time for a quality coach to get fired somewhere go to the NFL and then come back to be a Head Coach.. Cough Jim Leavitt Cough Cough

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 10:10:15 AM »

guys look, zook wouldn't have been my first choice either, but he did take illinois to a bcs bowl game! i'm personally going to see how he recruits and coaches on the field for a few years before i judge him and i urge you all to do the same. if he can just learn from some of the mistakes he made while he was at illinois and bring in some good recruiting assistants...

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 10:17:39 AM »

God damnit.

I wouldn't say effed, OB prolly has 5 good years left and that is plenty of time for a quality coach to get fired somewhere go to the NFL and then come back to be a Head Coach.. Cough Jim Leavitt Cough Cough

If it were going to be Leavitt, Currie would have let Snyder go ahead and make him defensive coordinator. I would like to think we can do better than Leavitt, but I think Currie will end up with someone worse.

Offline my troll name ... Koppe22

• Combo-Fan
  • Disgraced Banned Former Powert@rd Koppe22
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 10:23:24 AM »

Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 10:23:42 AM »
Here's what we know:

Currie wants out of Manhattan yesterday.  Wants it so bad it's the only thing he thinks about.  But, he isn't leaving for a worse job.  He wants a big time job.  He has obviously tainted his image by not being able to get along with his basketball coach.  Some dumbasses will tell you that there isn't enough public evidence for this and some will refuse to believe it.  Everyone who is everyone in college sports knows what went down and that those two rough ridin' idiots couldn't play nice.  He made it worse by hiring a loser who anyone who had an opening could have hired.  He has done well raising money.  He timed that right as conference armageddon was happening and our alumni realized we had a real shot at getting kicked out of the big kid pool if we didn't start doing some crap.  He also looks good because we are comparing him to a bunch of dumbfucks who preceeded him who didn't know crap about raising money (I still love you Bob).  So, he knows he has to make a big hire in football.  He knows his chance will come soon.  He will take a better job if one comes available before Bill dies or whatever but he may not get an offer.  I think he will try to make a splash football coach hire.  I'm hopeful he will try to pay a lot to do so. I'm not really that concerned with Currie making this hire.
How do you reconcile the two bolded statements?   Currie doesn't care about bb?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 10:27:05 AM »
My biggest problem with Currie hiring Weber is that I think Currie truly believes he made a good hire. It makes it hard to believe that Currie will make a good football hire, regardless of what he is willing to spend, because he just doesn't know what a good hire is.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 10:27:44 AM »
Here's what we know:

Currie wants out of Manhattan yesterday.  Wants it so bad it's the only thing he thinks about.  But, he isn't leaving for a worse job.  He wants a big time job.  He has obviously tainted his image by not being able to get along with his basketball coach.  Some dumbasses will tell you that there isn't enough public evidence for this and some will refuse to believe it.  Everyone who is everyone in college sports knows what went down and that those two rough ridin' idiots couldn't play nice.  He made it worse by hiring a loser who anyone who had an opening could have hired.  He has done well raising money.  He timed that right as conference armageddon was happening and our alumni realized we had a real shot at getting kicked out of the big kid pool if we didn't start doing some crap.  He also looks good because we are comparing him to a bunch of dumbfucks who preceeded him who didn't know crap about raising money (I still love you Bob).  So, he knows he has to make a big hire in football.  He knows his chance will come soon.  He will take a better job if one comes available before Bill dies or whatever but he may not get an offer.  I think he will try to make a splash football coach hire.  I'm hopeful he will try to pay a lot to do so. I'm not really that concerned with Currie making this hire.
How do you reconcile the two bolded statements?   Currie doesn't care about bb?

yes

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 10:28:15 AM »
My biggest problem with Currie hiring Weber is that I think Currie truly believes he made a good hire. It makes it hard to believe that Currie will make a good football hire, regardless of what he is willing to spend, because he just doesn't know what a good hire is.

he thinks it's a safe hire that won't blow up in his face until he's long gone.  he's right, unfortunately. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 10:35:26 AM »

he thinks it's a safe hire that won't blow up in his face until he's long gone.  he's right, unfortunately.

I can actually forsee Weber getting his ass kicked in confy this year.  But you are right, Weber's track record and inherent chicken nuggets-ness will make him popular.  Plus, from what I have seen, Weber is adept at deflecting when his talented teams crap all over the court.  He will survive several years.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 10:37:41 AM »
Currie is gambling on the timing with oscar.  I mean, if Bill does have 5 yrs left, Currie will be our AD for a while or take a lateral move.

Also, we should start talking to Peyton Manning about the coaching job.  I mean, his NFL arc and Bill's remaining life have to have  similar timing, right?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 10:44:20 AM »
Currie is gambling on the timing with oscar.  I mean, if Bill does have 5 yrs left, Currie will be our AD for a while or take a lateral move.

Also, we should start talking to Peyton Manning about the coaching job.  I mean, his NFL arc and Bill's remaining life have to have  similar timing, right?

Tom Brady

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 10:45:25 AM »
Herbstreit

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 10:50:51 AM »
Here's what we know:

Currie wants out of Manhattan yesterday.  Wants it so bad it's the only thing he thinks about.  But, he isn't leaving for a worse job.  He wants a big time job.  He has obviously tainted his image by not being able to get along with his basketball coach.  Some dumbasses will tell you that there isn't enough public evidence for this and some will refuse to believe it.  Everyone who is everyone in college sports knows what went down and that those two rough ridin' idiots couldn't play nice.  He made it worse by hiring a loser who anyone who had an opening could have hired.  He has done well raising money.  He timed that right as conference armageddon was happening and our alumni realized we had a real shot at getting kicked out of the big kid pool if we didn't start doing some crap.  He also looks good because we are comparing him to a bunch of dumbfucks who preceeded him who didn't know crap about raising money (I still love you Bob).  So, he knows he has to make a big hire in football.  He knows his chance will come soon.  He will take a better job if one comes available before Bill dies or whatever but he may not get an offer.  I think he will try to make a splash football coach hire.  I'm hopeful he will try to pay a lot to do so.  I'm not really that concerned with Currie making this hire.

yep
emaw

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 10:50:58 AM »
Michael Strahan

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 10:51:37 AM »
doug gottlieb

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 11:07:10 AM »
Herbstreit

If Herbie said he were interested, Currie would call an emergency presser and announce Zook within 45 minutes

Offline detch23

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 11:22:11 AM »
I think the timing might turn out just right for us to go get Jim McElwin from Colorado State. He was the head coach at Fresno State a few years ago and was under Saban for the last three years.