Author Topic: Ubben's boner for Snyds  (Read 13068 times)

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Ubben's boner for Snyds
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2012, 01:51:36 PM »
Remember when Tony Dungy said on Football Night in America that Raheem Morris left KSU as the DC to become a position coach in the NFL it was because while he was at KSU he didn't think he'd get a shot as a HC in the college ranks because he was a minority?  Raheem Morris isn't coming back to KSU.

Yeah, I don't think he put it quite that way.

Here's the link:

http://thegrio.com/2009/12/07/tony-dungy-lack-of-black-college-coaches-disgraceful/

Dungy's exact quote: "Raheem Morris was a defensive coordinator at Kansas State.  He left there to be a position coach in the NFL feeling like he had a better chance for advancement."

Not saying Dungy's right or wrong, just saying that if Raheem felt that strongly about it that Dungy mentioned in on FB Night in America, Raheem's not coming back.
Or he just felt he could advance more quickly in the NFL than he could have in college.

FWIW, he was right.

Yeah, I didn't understand him to be saying anything about KSU -- good, bad or otherwise.  It had to do with college football more broadly being behind the NFL in minority hiring.  It just so happened Raheem came from KSU (where we already had a minority head coach at the time.)

Anyway, this is perfectly tee'd up now for someone to post "We're not getting Raheem."
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2012, 03:33:54 PM »
I would be surprised if the next HC is currently on staff.

Not me.  You can go buy that Drano you were going to ingest if this happens:

Why on Earth would I want to drink Drano. I'm a KSU cat fan, and there isn't a better life out there.

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2012, 11:44:17 AM »
when did we decide we wanted a minority? or did we decide that? :runaway:
Go Home Dad you're drunk