Author Topic: Ubben's boner for Snyds  (Read 13066 times)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Re: Ubben's boner for Snyds
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 11:23:35 AM »
LOL at Dan McCarney being ISU's winningest coach with a 56-85 record.

Offline detch23

• Fan
  • My Dire Wolf's name is Willie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 11:24:42 AM »
McElwin doesn't seem to be the scary smart type either which is always plus.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 11:57:41 AM »
Guys, It's going to be Ron Zook.  Currie will be on the fence about it, but he'll get phone calls from 80-year-old Johnny Majors and 77-year-old John Cooper giving Zook a recommendation from his days as their assistants in the 1980s and it will be all over. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 12:01:33 PM »
I couldn't get excited about Ron Zook, but I think he would be a better hire than Weber.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2012, 12:13:17 PM »
i made a lot of phone calls to a lot of people trying to get someone to say something bad about ron zook and i just couldn't.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2012, 12:15:58 PM »
Currie is gambling on the timing with oscar.  I mean, if Bill does have 5 yrs left, Currie will be our AD for a while or take a lateral move.

Also, we should start talking to Peyton Manning about the coaching job.  I mean, his NFL arc and Bill's remaining life have to have  similar timing, right?

Instant recruiting magnet with brains to coach.  Me like.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2012, 12:21:28 PM »
I think the timing might turn out just right for us to go get Jim McElwin from Colorado State. He was the head coach at Fresno State a few years ago and was under Saban for the last three years.

sounds like a huge loser

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2012, 12:23:20 PM »
I think the timing might turn out just right for us to go get Jim McElwin from Colorado State. He was the head coach at Fresno State a few years ago and was under Saban for the last three years.

sounds like a huge loser

He was never the HC at Fresno St.  He's never been a HC before.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2012, 12:24:11 PM »
Herbstreit

If Herbie said he were interested, Currie would call an emergency presser and announce Zook within 45 minutes

heh. I think you have to do something like this (or Prince) with football just like you do with basketball. I'm a firm believer that you won't be able to hire a proven winner to coach at KSU, like, ever. So just roll the dice, and maybe be great.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 12:36:46 PM »

Awful, we want Gottlieb. 
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 12:37:35 PM »
I think we are closer to a new Head Football coach than you think. I think this may be Bill's last year and is going to hang it up again. Currie being all public about his 12% increase in the athletic budget is just a tool he is using to show our next coach the wants to spend more money.
RIP Fatty

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 12:38:24 PM »
What ever happened to that one assistant from San Jose State (not the dude who left us with his son)?  Also, I think we need to stick a knife in pig aggie state and get that Malzahn guy.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2012, 12:41:02 PM »
I think we are closer to a new Head Football coach than you think. I think this may be Bill's last year and is going to hang it up again. Currie being all public about his 12% increase in the athletic budget is just a tool he is using to show our next coach the wants to spend more money.

I'm going to be honest here.  I read this post and realized there is a possibility that we may be looking for a new FBHC in 5-6 months and immediately got a knot in the pit of my stomach.  I know there's a small chance of it happening and my stomach dropped.  It's not so much the losing Bill, but the thought of who is replacement will be.  I really hope Johnny Majors and John Cooper go on a 21 day cruise together followed by a 1 month fishing expedition starting December 1st.  Maybe add an African Safari after that just to be safe. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2012, 12:42:45 PM »
rick daris is crushing it in this thread btw
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2012, 12:42:54 PM »
Bill would actually be pretty smart to call it a career after this year.  we may very well suck next season whether he's here or not.  we lose a lot.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2012, 12:45:07 PM »
If we get Malzahn he will be here for one year before the SEC comes calling, and we'll (hopefully) take a risk on one of the assistants he brought in. And I'll love every second of it.

(Cue steve dave responding to my post with "we're not getting Malzahn")

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2012, 12:46:55 PM »
If we get Malzahn he will be here for one year before the SEC comes calling, and we'll (hopefully) take a risk on one of the assistants he brought in. And I'll love every second of it.

(Cue steve dave responding to my post with "we're not getting Malzahn")

we're not getting malzahn

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2012, 12:48:01 PM »
Everyone already knows who the next FBHC will be.  I don't know of any reason to even discuss such a thing.

Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2012, 12:50:46 PM »
I cannot believe I am going to say this but Dana Dimel would not be the worst successor. 

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2012, 12:52:57 PM »
I cannot believe I am going to say this but Dana Dimel would not be the worst successor.

I know Joe Bob and Mo are pulling for this, otherwise Mo would have to retire and Joe Bob would have to go be the DE coach at UTSA or Louisana-Monroe.

Note: I don't think Dimel would be that bad of a choice either, I just couldn't help myself not to take a dig at those 2.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:57:04 PM by TheHamburglar »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2012, 12:55:51 PM »

yep, it's totally going to be dimel and we can't even say anything mean about him because he signed that fattyfest thing for us in the back of rab. i think dimel is more/less running everything already, so the hc title would just be a formality. double d come on down.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2012, 12:57:19 PM »

yep, it's totally going to be dimel and we can't even say anything mean about him because he signed that fattyfest thing for us in the back of rab. i think dimel is more/less running everything already, so the hc title would just be a formality. double d come on down.

yeah, plus KU offered him their HC job and he shot their asses down. 

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2012, 12:58:36 PM »

:dubious:

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2012, 12:59:43 PM »
IMO (like it matters) it will not be anyone on staff or with K-State ties. It will be someone the SEC connections/south connections. "It will knock our socks off"

Or Currie may use this hire to hire a manority for his resume building. Hope for a firing from the WBB or Baseball clubs to fill this "need"
RIP Fatty

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2012, 01:01:20 PM »
Who wins in this battle:

Currie's inner accountant vs. What's best for Currie's Resume vs. What's best for KSU FB  (Hint: The correct answer is not "What's best for KSU FB")