Author Topic: Spiders  (Read 19429 times)

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Spiders
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2012, 04:53:11 PM »
Moved back home for the summer, and have never seen so many rough ridin' spiders living in a house.  I don't get it, my thousand year old shitty college house in MHK had like zero spiders. Literally, I can't remember seeing one. And I come back to my nice comfy JOCO home, and it's like Arachnophobia (great movie). 

The other day, I was getting ready for bed and I noticed something crawling on my bed. Sure enough, it was a decent sized, brown spider. Don't know if it was recluse or not, didn't take the time to look (who does anyways I just want to kill the damn thing).  Went to the bathroom to grab a bath tissue. Come back, it's rough ridin' gone  :horrorsurprise:. WTF. Like, what do you do? Still get in bed? Took me awhile to fall asleep, my effing nightmare.

Today, got in the shower and started my shower routine.  Then I notice something crawling in my loofa thing . Another goddamn spider.  What if I didn't notice this creature and started to lather myself with this poison infested loofa thing. Ugh.

You were going to kill it with some a tissue?! It would be right next to your hand! I usually try to drop a dictionary on them or something.

And smash their poisonous guts into my sheets? Ew gross.

This is off topic but we also are infested with those stupid silverfish things.  Every morning it seems there is one skimpering around on my bathroom floor.  They are gross looking and I hate them.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2012, 04:57:02 PM »
What in the hell is wrong with your house?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2012, 04:59:42 PM »
I was looking at houses for purchase the other day. One of the houses I was looking at was a new construction and had about 10,000 moths inside of it. I took one step inside, told the realtor I had seen all I need to see, and left.

LMFAO at houses that can't even keep bugs out.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2012, 05:01:01 PM »
I had this spider on the wall once that even if I just approached it, the spider would start jumping, it was impossible to kill. I ended up killing finally after briefly stunning it.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2012, 06:15:15 PM »
I saw a spider the other day.

It went up a water spout.

Rain

Out

Hanging gutter is no fun.

Hanging with gutter sluts is fun.

Hanging gutter sluts is even funner.

Slutty gutter hangers are the funnest however.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2012, 07:16:27 PM »
I saw a spider the other day.

It went up a water spout.

Rain

Out

Hanging gutter is no fun.

Hanging with gutter sluts is fun.

Hanging gutter sluts is even funner.

Slutty gutter hangers are the funnest however.

All work and no play makes Sundance_Kid a dull boy.

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2012, 10:03:10 AM »
I'm declaring war. Found a spider lurking in the corner of my room (shaded area) last night. Suspected it was a recluse so I took a picture and did some research , then went on to smash the living guts out of it. Sure enough it is one of those bad person brown recluse spiders.

At a summer camp when I was a kid all our tents were lined inside with daddy long leg spiders.  We let them chill because they are harmless to us but apparently the most badass/venomous spiders to the other douchebag human hating spiders. Bite the bullet and become one with daddy long legs in my home? I don't want to be a rotting corpse because of some little stupid arachnid.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2012, 10:05:31 AM »
I'm declaring war. Found a spider lurking in the corner of my room (shaded area) last night. Suspected it was a recluse so I took a picture and did some research , then went on to smash the living guts out of it. Sure enough it is one of those bad person brown recluse spiders.

At a summer camp when I was a kid all our tents were lined inside with daddy long leg spiders.  We let them chill because they are harmless to us but apparently the most badass/venomous spiders to the other douchebag human hating spiders. Bite the bullet and become one with daddy long legs in my home? I don't want to be a rotting corpse because of some little stupid arachnid.

I will never understand people who think infesting their home with any kind of bug is a solution to anything. Just spray your house. If that doesn't work, sell it.

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2012, 10:14:08 AM »

I will never understand people who think infesting their home with any kind of bug is a solution to anything. Just spray your house. If that doesn't work, sell it.
Apparently it was sprayed not too long ago (re: the parents). These things are becoming immune, im effed.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Spiders
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2012, 06:39:10 AM »
spider on the door handle of the car this morning.  strongly considering calling in sick or bereaved or something.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2012, 06:40:30 AM »
my cats eat spiders
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2012, 06:40:59 AM »
nickel sized brown recluse on the ceiling above the shower this morning. Noticed it mid-shower. perv.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2012, 08:10:06 AM »
Major Pro-Tip: All of you people with spiders need to call an exterminator and ask them if they use Cy-Kick. If they so no, hang up and call somebody else. When you find the right exterminator, get on their program and schedule a party where you say goodbye to ever seeing a spider in your house again.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2012, 09:46:44 AM »
3 years ago when i bought my house, i bug-bombed the crap out of it before i moved anything in.  like 10 bug bombs all through the house, attic, crawl space. 

haven't seen a living creature in my house in 3 years except for the wife, kid, and dog.  boom.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2012, 10:26:44 AM »
moved in to a duplex, noticed two alive brown recluses, three dead on the first walk through. :sdeek:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2012, 01:27:34 PM »
You guys need this:  http://bugasalt.com/

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
Last night before bed, noticed one scamper across my bathroom counter and crawled in my container case. Closed it and threw it away.

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2012, 10:08:21 PM »
oh man, one year i heard a spider running away from me before i saw it.  HEARD.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2012, 11:29:51 PM »
I hate when people say that you should allow some spiders to live in your house to control the bug population.  Guess what idiot, spiders are the scariest bug there is.  That's like saying you should let a Great White Shark live in your house to control the kitten population.

Awwwwwwwwwww.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2012, 12:14:54 AM »
Spiders are the rough ridin' worst. I was bit by a poisonous one of some sort when I was 6 on the back of the leg. A red line ran up the back of my leg afterwards. The doctor calmed me down by telling me that was just the poison running up my body to my heart. rough ridin' dick. I hate rough ridin' spiders.

Ricky Gervais tells us why we hate spiders...

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2012, 02:37:40 AM »
Had a friend bitten by a brown recluse earlier this summer. He got it treated before it got bad and so avoided any real damage...but still :ohno:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2012, 07:30:01 AM »
this thread is an official sponsor of the insomnia thread :dance:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2012, 08:35:19 PM »
 :clac:

A group of cave explorers and scientists have made a rare discovery:  an entirely new taxonomic family of spider in the caves of southern Oregon.
 The genus name, Trogloraptor, means "cave robber."
It's an apt name for a spider with unique hooks, or claws, on its legs, which the researchers believe are used to snatch flying insects, like midges, out of the air. With its legs outstretched, the spider measures up to 3 inches (8 centimeters) long.
http://news.yahoo.com/rare-discovery-hook-legged-spider-found-oregon-cave-211926504.html

- chunkles