Author Topic: Official Klein for Heisman (Kleinsman) Thread  (Read 136607 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Official Klein for Heisman (Kleinsman) Thread
« Reply #925 on: December 08, 2012, 08:27:54 PM »
FWIW I blame OSU for ringing Klein's bell and possibly hurting his hand in some fashion. 

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 08, 2012, 08:28:35 PM »
Are we mad that Klein lost because he plays for K-State or because we think he had a better season than Manziel?
You know the answer to that one, nicname.  :dubious:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 08, 2012, 08:29:03 PM »
Are we mad that Klein lost because he plays for K-State or because we think he had a better season than Manziel?
I'm mad that Johnny  :opcat: won.  Would rather have Te'o

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 08, 2012, 08:33:08 PM »
I'm mad that Johnny  :opcat: won.  Would rather have Te'o

I would have voted for Te'o.  I would have voted for Klein if we were undefeated.  I would have voted for Manziel if his team was in the SEC championship and he hadn't played so poorly against LSU. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 08, 2012, 08:39:04 PM »
I have to question if we would have beat Baylor, Klein had an okay game but we still one, going to a BCS NC game that Johnny Football would have still won. Losing that many votes based just on one game seems way too many for my brain to wrap around.
RIP Fatty

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: December 08, 2012, 08:41:33 PM »
I love you Collin. You are the best player on the best team. You Brown, and Harper are three of the best that will ever play at K-State.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 08, 2012, 08:43:53 PM »
I have to question if we would have beat Baylor, Klein had an okay game but we still one, going to a BCS NC game that Johnny Football would have still won. Losing that many votes based just on one game seems way too many for my brain to wrap around.
yes, CK would have.  Manti came in relatively close second and he was on defense of an undefeated team. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 08, 2012, 08:46:57 PM »
yes, CK would have.  Manti came in relatively close second and he was on defense of an undefeated team.

It wouldn't have been close if KSU beats Baylor.  Klein would have won in a landslide, but with no "heisman moment," just consistently great play coupled with the terrible showing at Baylor there was no chance. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 08, 2012, 09:32:22 PM »
Lesson learned.  K-State has to get off their ass and work the media in the modern game of college football.  It matters tremendously. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 08, 2012, 09:37:57 PM »
OOPS! Guess ya can't lay a turd vs Baylor and expect ESPN to slobber your stick :horrorsurprise:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 08, 2012, 09:47:17 PM »

How many goddamn times does the same conversation need to take place in the same goddamn thread?  Every other page perhaps, jesus.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 08, 2012, 09:49:04 PM »

It wouldn't have been close if KSU beats Baylor.  Klein would have won in a landslide, but with no "heisman moment," just consistently great play coupled with the terrible showing at Baylor there was no chance.

Klein did play okay against Baylor, nicname has rocks where other people have synapses.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 08, 2012, 09:51:24 PM »
Lesson learned.  K-State has to get off their ass and work the media in the modern game of college football.  It matters tremendously.

K-State had the most talked about campaign of the three candidates.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 08, 2012, 09:59:39 PM »
SEC and ESPN are the first athletic conference and sports network to win a Heisman, congrats!

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 08, 2012, 10:00:46 PM »
Oh he did not.  It wasn't his fault that he was nagged by injuries in both the TCU and Baylor games, but the numbers and result were crap.

Btw, I didn't read this thread from the loss at Baylor until after the Heisman was given out. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 08, 2012, 10:05:26 PM »

Not really

and band aids don't cut it.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 08, 2012, 10:06:30 PM »
Oh he did not.  It wasn't his fault that he was nagged by injuries in both the TCU and Baylor games, but the numbers and result were crap.

Btw, I didn't read this thread from the loss at Baylor until after the Heisman was given out.

If the numbers were crap I wonder what you think of other less productive games that he had and his co-finalists had.  The INTs were bad, but he was productive otherwise.  He had 3 tds and nearly 300 yds passing.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 08, 2012, 10:09:33 PM »
shhh, the bo jackson 30 for 30 is on now.

I love Bo Jackson!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 08, 2012, 10:10:50 PM »

Not really
and band aids don't cut it.

You're an idiot.  I'm sure you can tell me what ND and A&M did without googling.

I heard 3 different long time CFB media members say the bandaids were the most creative trinket they've ever seen.  Nevertheless I'm sure if they did whatever you proposed it would make up the 1200 point deficit he had and more.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 08, 2012, 10:14:17 PM »
shhh, the bo jackson 30 for 30 is on now.

I love Bo Jackson!

Of course George Brett is on here talking about the toilet

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: December 08, 2012, 10:14:29 PM »
EVERYONE SHUT UP I HATE THIS THREAD

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 08, 2012, 10:29:20 PM »

If the numbers were crap I wonder what you think of other less productive games that he had and his co-finalists had.  The INTs were bad, but he was productive otherwise.  He had 3 tds and nearly 300 yds passing.

He was barely over 50% completions.  He threw the ball 50 times and didn't even get 300 yards. He didn't run well.  Plus, yes, the INTs were bad.  It was a bad game and it was against a crappy defense.  It was right after he was on the cover of SI and right when everything seemed to be falling into place, and Klein and K-State got their dicks knocked into the dirt on national TV by a team with a losing record. Never going to win the Heisman doing that, unless you have ungodly numbers.

Te'o never had a bad game btw, and his team is in the national title.  Manziel did have a worse game (against LSU), and had some other subpar to bad games against Ole Miss and Florida.  Manziels' stats overall are just plain better than Klein. 

Whatever, I would have voted for Te'o.

Injuries and luck play a big part to.  No way Klein doesn't win the Heisman if he doesn't play hurt against TCU and Baylor.  We may still have lost with the defensive injuries against the Bears, but I'm sure he would have put up great numbers. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 08, 2012, 10:31:11 PM »
Johnny's parents were rough ridin' wearing Hawaiian lei's and crap, but Collin's were not. 

:sdeek:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 12:42:15 PM by Pete »

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 08, 2012, 10:34:49 PM »
Johnny's parents were rough ridin' wearing Hawaiian lei's and crap, but Collar's were not. 

:sdeek:

I was almost offended by the manziel's doing that.  seemed pompous. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 08, 2012, 10:36:24 PM »
We saw the K-State effect tonight (<-------- butthurt usa, this guy). I mean we all saw it coming,  but Klein was a Tebow clone. If he wears the Florida jersey, he takes home the hardware.