Author Topic: Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows  (Read 170887 times)

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows
« Reply #700 on: May 20, 2013, 08:09:38 AM »
Purple hugs, bro.

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 20, 2013, 08:25:10 AM »
Really enjoyed reading the last 4 pages. Good job everyone  :emawkid:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 20, 2013, 08:26:59 AM »
South Dakota losing to the Hawks? Possible, yes. Probable? Don't know, but I do know that a KU football win against any non-conference opponent is not a given. Sad, perhaps, but true.

I don't think Coach Weis has ever lost to an FCS opponent, bones129. The Hawks will obliterate South Dakota by at least 20. Mark it down.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 20, 2013, 09:01:51 AM »
Guys, I want to add something here as well. I have some good KU friends who actually are coherent and understand this amazing milestone that we've achieved. Heck, the girl I'm seeing is a squawk and she felt bad I was spending time with her this weekend instead of witnessing history. Her direct quote: "Man, you make me feel special, if KU was good at anything else other than ball, I would make sure to be there to witness it". I guess what I'm saying is, don't let beems and this LJ hawk guy change your thoughts on the KU fanbase. They're not all psychotic like these two, they're are actually realist out of the bunch. For our  :tsc: bros out there who actually get it, without psychotic, irrational outbursts, thank you, and best of luck next year. :cheers:

Does not match my experience.  All the ku fans around me are working overtime to downplay the significance of the 'Cats pulling down the triple crown of league title in the major men's sports.  I'm been hearing all-time series smack, AAU smack, basically the whole inventory of phog.net talking points. 

Beems actually acknowledges, from time to time, the importance of some of K-State's achievements.  I respect that, just like I respect the genuine achievements of various teams in ku athletics.  In real life, among themselves, ku fans do whatever they can to make the winning trend in Manhattan as somehow bad or negative. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 20, 2013, 09:13:59 AM »
Guys, I want to add something here as well. I have some good KU friends who actually are coherent and understand this amazing milestone that we've achieved. Heck, the girl I'm seeing is a squawk and she felt bad I was spending time with her this weekend instead of witnessing history. Her direct quote: "Man, you make me feel special, if KU was good at anything else other than ball, I would make sure to be there to witness it". I guess what I'm saying is, don't let beems and this LJ hawk guy change your thoughts on the KU fanbase. They're not all psychotic like these two, they're are actually realist out of the bunch. For our  :tsc: bros out there who actually get it, without psychotic, irrational outbursts, thank you, and best of luck next year. :cheers:

Does not match my experience.  All the ku fans around me are working overtime to downplay the significance of the 'Cats pulling down the triple crown of league title in the major men's sports.  I'm been hearing all-time series smack, AAU smack, basically the whole inventory of phog.net talking points. 

Beems actually acknowledges, from time to time, the importance of some of K-State's achievements.  I respect that, just like I respect the genuine achievements of various teams in ku athletics.  In real life, among themselves, ku fans do whatever they can to make the winning trend in Manhattan as somehow bad or negative.

I don't know any ku fans stupid enough to bring up all time series smack in the face of our Triple.  That's just a white flag.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: May 20, 2013, 09:30:21 AM »
the guy who mows my yard is a huge ku fan that grew up in tonganoxie. on saturday, he wanted to bet me money that kstate couldn't repeat the trifecta again next year.

my neighbor is a michigan grad and huge college sports fan. we both just laughed at the guy and said "of course kstate can't do it again next year. pulling off the trifecta is the single greatest accomplishment in all of college sports and to expect a school to do it two years in a row is just insane".

i mean lol though, right? that would be like asking the person who just won the 600 million dollar if they'd like to go double or nothing on the next day's lottery. just absurd. even after all these years though, it's still amazing how clueless ku fans get once you get them off the topic of basketball. oh well.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 20, 2013, 09:32:35 AM »
Guys, you would meltdown too if it was always cold and and rainy and there were nothing but ugly people around you.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 20, 2013, 09:45:09 AM »
the guy who mows my yard is a huge ku fan that grew up in tonganoxie. on saturday, he wanted to bet me money that kstate couldn't repeat the trifecta again next year.

my neighbor is a michigan grad and huge college sports fan. we both just laughed at the guy and said "of course kstate can't do it again next year. pulling off the trifecta is the single greatest accomplishment in all of college sports and to expect a school to do it two years in a row is just insane".

i mean lol though, right? that would be like asking the person who just won the 600 million dollar if they'd like to go double or nothing on the next day's lottery. just absurd. even after all these years though, it's still amazing how clueless ku fans get once you get them off the topic of basketball. oh well.

Wow, great story Daris.  I can't tell you how many times I've had these types of conversations with the KU fan that delivers our mail in the office.  I just dread Monday mornings when he comes into my office to drop off my paycheck for this very reason.  Just brutal.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 20, 2013, 03:45:21 PM »
What Beems should have said:
Wow! What a year for you guys! Congratulations!  :tsc: KU has had a good year as well. Besides sharing the Big 12 Confy Basketball title with our bros to the west, we also won two Big 12 Titles in Women's track, but that isn't quite the same. :D  I am happy for you! :tsc:

What Beems said:
The Big 12 Sucks. Big 12 titles suck. You guys are shitty.

WHAT ABOUT 8 STRAIGHT?!?!?!?! I still think that is pretty awesome, but evidently Beems doesn't.  :cry:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 20, 2013, 03:48:36 PM »
It's nine straight, actually, and four Big 12 titles in '13.  Just another season in the books for big bro.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 20, 2013, 03:54:58 PM »
 :lol:
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 20, 2013, 03:56:19 PM »
If you offered me all 9 of those bball titles for just 1 football title, I would say no way, Jose.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 20, 2013, 03:58:31 PM »
I would tend to agree.  College football is at least 10 times the importance of men's basketball.  Baseball is probably 1000 times more important than women's track.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 20, 2013, 04:00:59 PM »
I would tend to agree.  College football is at least 10 times the importance of men's basketball.  Baseball is probably 1000 times more important than women's track.

The women's track titles is just such an unexpected treat.  The first time I heard a KU fan drop that in the face of our Football/Basketball/Baseball I smiled like this... :D

I knew some good times were ahead.  CELEBRATE!

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 20, 2013, 04:05:02 PM »
It's literally one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

As the Athletics Flagship University of the state of Kansas and of the Big XII Conference, we can just kick our feet up and laugh at these things together.

Great feeling.   :dance:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 20, 2013, 04:07:53 PM »
Pretty amazing that a standard year for KU athletics would be the best year in K-State athletics history.  It's actually kind of sad when you really stop and think about it.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 20, 2013, 04:08:43 PM »
Pretty amazing that a standard year for KU athletics would be the best year in K-State athletics history.  It's actually kind of sad when you really stop and think about it.

:D

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 20, 2013, 04:12:16 PM »
On the raw EADA report there's a line item in the summary for Total Revenues by Team minus Total Expenses by team.   These number don't include "unallocated by sport" revenues and expenses.

For FY ending 6/30/2012 the combined operational income of every sport at ku was -$16.999 million.  With the male sports posting a -$5.227 million

For K-State the combined operations of every sport before non allocated revenues was $6.938 million with men's sports on the plus side by $14.752 million.

There was over a $20 million dollar differential in net athletic department operating revenue in FY 2012 between ku and K-State.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:16:37 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 20, 2013, 04:21:11 PM »

I know you don't believe two basketball and two women's track titles is > a football basketball and baseball titles. And if you do you need to be locked in the looney bin.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 20, 2013, 04:26:38 PM »
would you rather watch your college play in a memorial stadium or at the Blue Valley District Athletic Center

memorial stadium for me. i think.  but then again, no track around the DAC i don't think.  still probably memorial stadium.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: May 20, 2013, 05:05:32 PM »
If  you really feel that way, then stop being so mean and celebrate with us!  :excited:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 20, 2013, 05:47:04 PM »

A standard year for KU is winning the Big 12 in football, basketball, and baseball??

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 20, 2013, 06:25:38 PM »
It's nine straight, actually, and four Big 12 titles in '13.  Just another season in the books for big bro.

Is this counting the Facebook/twitter titles or no?

Offline catsdo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 20, 2013, 06:49:01 PM »
I didn't realize that Mizzou actually won a Big 12 basketball title the year before they left. I thought it was just a tourney trophy. But BMW seems to think otherwise.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 20, 2013, 11:05:18 PM »
I will admit to sometimes enjoying women's track, but it has nothing to do with sports.
Didn't know the entire sqwawk nation was that pervy.