Author Topic: Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows  (Read 173199 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows
« Reply #675 on: May 19, 2013, 09:02:49 PM »
Why is he so mad?  :dunno:
All the media will talk about is Title town USA Manhattan, KS. He hates all the attention we're getting.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 19, 2013, 09:06:27 PM »
The reason I'm so defensive is because you guys can't enjoy K-State's success without throwing KU under the bus in the process.  There's always a hint of KU hatred any time K-State wins something.  Look no further than this thread.  K-State upgrades BSFS, so naturally you guys have to bash Memorial Stadium.  There's a natural tendency for K-State fans to compare themselves with KU at all times.  That same dynamic isn't reciprocated by KU fans.  In fact, a lot of KU fans were rooting for K-State when you guys were in the middle of a title run in football.  I congratulated K-State fans several days ago on the triple crown accomplishment, and no one even acknowledged it.  The truth is that both KU and K-State have had a lot of success this year in various sports, but for whatever reason, k-State fans are incapable of accepting that.  The easy explanation is inferiority complex, but I think there's more to it than that.  It's like grapes don't think K-State can succeed if KU does well too.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 19, 2013, 09:17:02 PM »
The reason I'm so defensive is because you guys can't enjoy K-State's success without throwing KU under the bus in the process.  There's always a hint of KU hatred any time K-State wins something.  Look no further than this thread.  K-State upgrades BSFS, so naturally you guys have to bash Memorial Stadium.  There's a natural tendency for K-State fans to compare themselves with KU at all times.  That same dynamic isn't reciprocated by KU fans.  In fact, a lot of KU fans were rooting for K-State when you guys were in the middle of a title run in football.  I congratulated K-State fans several days ago on the triple crown accomplishment, and no one even acknowledged it.  The truth is that both KU and K-State have had a lot of success this year in various sports, but for whatever reason, k-State fans are incapable of accepting that.  The easy explanation is inferiority complex, but I think there's more to it than that.  It's like grapes don't think K-State can succeed if KU does well too.

God you're a  14 year old girl aren't you?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 19, 2013, 09:20:48 PM »

Indeed.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 19, 2013, 09:23:44 PM »
Ben should have gotten a psychology degree instead of an economics degree.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 19, 2013, 09:25:20 PM »
LOL, he's racked up 1000's of posts on this board with around 75% to 80% of them being how K-State isn't worthy, and yet we're the one's with the inferiority complex?

Come on Beems.

You bring nearly every phognet talking point that tosses K-State under the bus to this board, and yet you claim you're just pissed off because we throw ku under the bus.

You're just mad because ku football has been in shambles, and all the claims you made about how K-State couldn't compete financially and how Lew is "building a monster" have backfired on you.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 19, 2013, 09:27:52 PM »
Lew built a women's track and field monster from the sound of things.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 19, 2013, 09:42:55 PM »
LOL, he's racked up 1000's of posts on this board with around 75% to 80% of them being how K-State isn't worthy, and yet we're the one's with the inferiority complex?

Come on Beems.

You bring nearly every phognet talking point that tosses K-State under the bus to this board, and yet you claim you're just pissed off because we throw ku under the bus.

You're just mad because ku football has been in shambles, and all the claims you made about how K-State couldn't compete financially and how Lew is "building a monster" have backfired on you.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 19, 2013, 09:46:02 PM »
KU has multiple Big 12 titles this year in other sports

Yeah but I'm talking about sports that actually matter

Winning Big 12 titles doesn't matter to anyone outside the Big 12.  K-State fans over hype it because your shitty program never wins anything on a national level.  Your football team got blown out by Oregon, and your basketball team lost in the 1st round to LaSalle.  Your program is a joke and couldn't be a worse representative for the Big 12.

KSU's participation in the Fiesta Bowl netted the Big12 approximately $18MM.

KU's BB team will net the Big12 an estimated $4.63MM over the next 6 years.  The kicker is what the FB team cost the Big12.  Mid-major teams play BCS conference teams and it's expected that the BCS conference teams beat them.  It's expected of them so that those mid-majors don't have enough wins to crash the BCS.  The KU FB team didn't do it's part against Northern Illinois, allowing them to take OU's spot on the BCS.  That cost the Big12 $6.2MM in additional bowl payout. 

KSU's impact on Big12 post-season revenue: $18.25MM
KU's impact on Big12 post-season revenue: $1.57MM
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 19, 2013, 09:50:15 PM »

Winning Big 12 titles doesn't matter to anyone outside the Big 12.  K-State fans over hype it because your shitty program never wins anything on a national level.  Your football team got blown out by Oregon, and your basketball team lost in the 1st round to LaSalle.  Your program is a joke and couldn't be a worse representative for the Big 12.

KU's BB team will net the Big12 an estimated $4.63MM over the next 6 years.  The kicker is what the FB team cost the Big12.  Mid-major teams play BCS conference teams and it's expected that the BCS conference teams beat them.  It's expected of them so that those mid-majors don't have enough wins to crash the BCS.  The KU FB team didn't do it's part against Northern Illinois, allowing them to take OU's spot on the BCS.  That cost the Big12 $6.2MM in additional bowl payout. 

Come on man
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 19, 2013, 09:55:25 PM »

:shakesfist:

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 19, 2013, 10:10:18 PM »
Seems like you had yourself a nice little Sunday, Beems.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 19, 2013, 10:22:30 PM »
Seems like you had yourself a nice little Sunday, Beems.

:popcorn:

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 19, 2013, 10:28:27 PM »

So all of yours are irrelevant too?   :confused:  I hope I never hear this talking point from you again.

On a national level, Kansas just doesn't get it done when it comes to postseason achievements. 

I'd say more people remember Kansas for their embarrassing first round exits to nobodies, than the national title and final fours.

Meanwhile:  Duke and Kentucky are known for winning championships.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 19, 2013, 10:30:59 PM »
Beems, everything alright at home?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: May 19, 2013, 10:36:54 PM »

So all of yours are irrelevant too?   :confused:  I hope I never hear this talking point from you again.

On a national level, Kansas just doesn't get it done when it comes to postseason achievements. 

I'd say more people remember Kansas for their embarrassing first round exits to nobodies, than the national title and final fours.

Meanwhile:  Duke and Kentucky are known for winning championships.

:opcat:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 19, 2013, 10:39:44 PM »
Guys, add beems to your prayers tonight before you head to bed. I think he's "taking" again.  :frown:

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 19, 2013, 10:40:26 PM »
Kstate fans typically know exactly who they are and where they stand.  KU fans tend to way over value their importance and place in the pecking order.  They are an elite program in the second most popular sport.  This is great for most ku fans who only cafe about bball but it's not good for the football program or the fans who care about it.   UNC, Duke, Indiana, Kentucky, Kansas etc it doesn't matter who you are talking about they all suck in football and probably always well other then the odd year. It's pretty obvious when football is the second most popular sport it's tough to have sustained success.  Its also obvious football is gaining in popularity and importance and college bball is losing popularity and importance. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 19, 2013, 10:46:45 PM »
When they go back to letting HS players go to NBA, college basketball is in even more trouble.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 19, 2013, 10:50:26 PM »
Kstate fans typically know exactly who they are and where they stand.  KU fans tend to way over value their importance and place in the pecking order.  They are an elite program in the second most popular sport.  This is great for most ku fans who only cafe about bball but it's not good for the football program or the fans who care about it.   UNC, Duke, Indiana, Kentucky, Kansas etc it doesn't matter who you are talking about they all suck in football and probably always well other then the odd year. It's pretty obvious when football is the second most popular sport it's tough to have sustained success.  Its also obvious football is gaining in popularity and importance and college bball is losing popularity and importance.

:barf:

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 19, 2013, 10:57:34 PM »

This is getting brutal.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:03:57 PM by WildcatNation »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 19, 2013, 10:58:30 PM »
Guys, I want to add something here as well. I have some good KU friends who actually are coherent and understand this amazing milestone that we've achieved. Heck, the girl I'm seeing is a squawk and she felt bad I was spending time with her this weekend instead of witnessing history. Her direct quote: "Man, you make me feel special, if KU was good at anything else other than ball, I would make sure to be there to witness it". I guess what I'm saying is, don't let beems and this LJ hawk guy change your thoughts on the KU fanbase. They're not all psychotic like these two, they're are actually realist out of the bunch. For our  :tsc: bros out there who actually get it, without psychotic, irrational outbursts, thank you, and best of luck next year. :cheers:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 19, 2013, 11:17:01 PM »
Wow, 3MAW is really cutting Beems deep!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 19, 2013, 11:26:06 PM »
Guys, I want to add something here as well. I have some good KU friends who actually are coherent and understand this amazing milestone that we've achieved. Heck, the girl I'm seeing is a squawk and she felt bad I was spending time with her this weekend instead of witnessing history. Her direct quote: "Man, you make me feel special, if KU was good at anything else other than ball, I would make sure to be there to witness it". I guess what I'm saying is, don't let beems and this LJ hawk guy change your thoughts on the KU fanbase. They're not all psychotic like these two, they're are actually realist out of the bunch. For our  :tsc: bros out there who actually get it, without psychotic, irrational outbursts, thank you, and best of luck next year. :cheers:

South Dakota is going down!  :thumbsup:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 20, 2013, 12:28:40 AM »
South Dakota losing to the Hawks? Possible, yes. Probable? Don't know, but I do know that a KU football win against any non-conference opponent is not a given. Sad, perhaps, but true.