Author Topic: So a guy walks into Eric Holder's polling precinct . . .  (Read 9912 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So a guy walks into Eric Holder's polling precinct . . .
« on: April 09, 2012, 08:07:33 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 02:59:29 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: So a guy walks into Eric Holder's polling precinct . . .
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 08:36:31 AM »
my god.....

voter fraud could reach a fraction of 1% in the next election.......

:opcat:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 09:01:11 AM »
my god.....

Remember when Bush won Florida by a fraction of a percent?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 11:16:24 AM »
my god.....

and than no legitimate recount done by any body found any voter fraud, results withstood tremendous critical examination, and Dems made themselves look even more incompetent by saying the election was stolen?  Yeah I remember that. 

Coincidentally I have some of the notorious voting booths which caused the issue.  If you can't figure out how to vote with one of those you shouldn't be voting.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 11:23:31 AM »
my god.....

and than no legitimate recount done by any body found any voter fraud, results withstood tremendous critical examination, and Dems made themselves look even more incompetent by saying the election was stolen?  Yeah I remember that. 

Coincidentally I have some of the notorious voting booths which caused the issue.  If you can't figure out how to vote with one of those you shouldn't be voting.

Well, there you go.

So, tell us again why it is racist or a bad idea to require a legal picture ID to vote.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 01:50:44 PM »
my god.....

Why do you have some of those voting booths?  Did you buy them as American Election memorabelia?

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 05:10:10 PM »
Im starting to think ednksu is in denial.

EMAW

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 05:25:07 PM »
If holder would have gone in after the guy faked his ballot discovered the issue and proved his identity what happens? I'm assuming he recasts and his vote is cast as intended. It would appear to me that you would have to Obtain a list of the local rolls, have mass amounts of fakers, guess correctly on who has or hasn't already voted and hope the person who's ballot you faked doesn't end up voting.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 07:17:43 PM »
my god.....

Why do you have some of those voting booths?  Did you buy them as American Election memorabelia?
Yes. 

No, what should make you laugh really loud edn is that Eric Holder is on record saying that he has no real concern about voter fraud and yet some guy walks right off the street into Holder's local polling place, says he's Eric Holder and gets handed Eric Holder's ballot to vote with literally no questions asked beyond name and address.

The same guy has gone to multiple states and claimed to be dead people, famous celebrities and been handed ballots.   He's claimed to work for a nursing home and been handed stacks of voting registration forms with local board of election employees telling him all he has to do is bring them back and they'll take care of it.   No proof, no ID's, no verification . . . nothing.   He's done this in towns where people say, "but golly, everyone knows everyone, so golly there's no reason to check an ID", yet he's walked right into a polling place there, claimed to be a dead guy and got handed a ballot to vote. 

Its easy as hell to commit voter fraud in the United States, and all it takes is a concentrated effort in a few key areas to completely swing elections and/or change the entire make-up of our legislative bodies.

The problem is Dax is that you're making counter factual arguments.  The events you're describing could happen, but they aren't.  You're trying to extend your argument to a logical conclusion which isn't supported by history.  There are certain safeguard in the system.  As noted what would happen when Holder showed up, the initial ballot would be kicked and he would get to vote.  Now could there be some reforms? Sure, maybe.  But we need to make sure those reforms aren't targeted at certain centers of population.  I think its unreasonable for a person over 18 to not have some sort of state ID.  I do see the issue though with old and poor people that keeping everything up to date and documented is an issue.  I would take any state ID, eg: student (Uni or HS), expired, or gov ID badge. 

The bigger issue is the fear mongering from the right that KSF42 so gladly throws themselves to.  There have been no large scale incidences of voter fraud in the US.  There have been VERY isolated incidents which have not risen to threatening the legitimacy of elections.  If anythings the outright threat to the democratic process that 501C4s, resistance to campaign finance reform, and voter intimidation (both sides) perpetrate on the American people are a FAR greater threat to democracy in America.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 07:21:25 PM »
HAHA
EMAW

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 08:50:46 PM »
Racial profiling is cool as long as it effects less than 1% of the population. Same goes for violations of due process. The Arther Anderson view of materiality in society.

Goodness gracious Edna,  youve been taking some idiotic stands lately.  Really showing your true partisan stripes here. Donkey in libtard clothing.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 01:06:36 AM »
Spare us the strawmem about 501C4's and such, that has nothing to do with voter fraud.   Well I take that back, I can see some of them loading up the buses now, and I'll give you 5 guesses as to which party most them are affiliated with. 

There's only one reason why the fake left is fighting this so hard, and it has nothing to do with the little old lady who hasn't updated her drivers license in the last 40 years.
Can you read?  I never said 501C4s were linked to voter fraud.  I said they were a greater threat to American democracy.  Second, do you know who Karl Rove is?  To say that either side has a monopoly on shady 501 activity is rough ridin' absurd.

Racial profiling is cool as long as it effects less than 1% of the population. Same goes for violations of due process. The Arther Anderson view of materiality in society.

Goodness gracious Edna,  youve been taking some idiotic stands lately.  Really showing your true partisan stripes here. Donkey in libtard clothing.
how could you take ANYTHING I wrote as partisan?  I'm honestly confused. 

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 08:50:46 AM »
Your damn right your confused.
EMAW

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 10:52:09 PM »
Spare us the strawmem about 501C4's and such, that has nothing to do with voter fraud.   Well I take that back, I can see some of them loading up the buses now, and I'll give you 5 guesses as to which party most them are affiliated with. 

There's only one reason why the fake left is fighting this so hard, and it has nothing to do with the little old lady who hasn't updated her drivers license in the last 40 years.
Can you read?  I never said 501C4s were linked to voter fraud.  I said they were a greater threat to American democracy.  Second, do you know who Karl Rove is?  To say that either side has a monopoly on shady 501 activity is rough ridin' absurd.

how could you take ANYTHING I wrote as partisan?  I'm honestly confused.

Sit back and relax edn. As soon as dax starts throwing around "straw-man" rebuttals, it means you've won. And ANYTIME FSD-sock replies to anything, it means you've obliterated them.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 11:27:35 AM »
Yeah, "strawman" rebuttals . . . there's not a bigger "strawman rebuttal' than rolling out every other problem with the political process as a reason not to be concerned about how easy it is to commit voter fraud in the United States.
you're the one making counter factual arguments about the thread of voter fraud.  Now run along to your next piece of straw.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 11:30:42 AM »
The threat of voter fraud is very real- especially in non-presidential election years (NPEY's). In those years, voter turnout is less than 38%. To win, a candidate needs 19% of the voters to vote for him/her. Watch how candidates work special interest groups in NPEY's. They will promise crazy things to small groups in order to get the 19% they need. People that are involved in special interest groups would tend to vote at a higher percentage of those not involved in a special interest group (I have not looked up to verify, but the logic certainly would indicate this to be true).
If only 38% of voters turn out, you could do what this guy at the beginning of this thread did and have a greater than 60% chance of not getting your vote (or votes) thrown out.
If everybody would exercise their right to vote, it would make voter fraud a little tougher. On the other hand, if you don't care enough to vote, then you are a dumbass and should leave the country.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 12:39:19 PM »
The threat of voter fraud is very real- especially in non-presidential election years (NPEY's). In those years, voter turnout is less than 38%. To win, a candidate needs 19% of the voters to vote for him/her. Watch how candidates work special interest groups in NPEY's. They will promise crazy things to small groups in order to get the 19% they need. People that are involved in special interest groups would tend to vote at a higher percentage of those not involved in a special interest group (I have not looked up to verify, but the logic certainly would indicate this to be true).
If only 38% of voters turn out, you could do what this guy at the beginning of this thread did and have a greater than 60% chance of not getting your vote (or votes) thrown out.
If everybody would exercise their right to vote, it would make voter fraud a little tougher. On the other hand, if you don't care enough to vote, then you are a dumbass and should leave the country.
yeah see the one problem is that the first 1/2 of your post isn't anything to do with voter fraud.  Its all American politics. 

The second half is yet another counter factual argument.  There is no statistically significant evidence of voter fraud in the US.  At the point the tea party ass hats realize that everything after that is a counter argument where we are attempting to compare a supposed risk to our electoral process to known issues of voter fraud in other places.  The problem is that in those other places the democratic institutions are not embedded into the fabric of the process of the elections.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 12:49:24 PM »
yeah see the one problem is that the first 1/2 of your post isn't anything to do with voter fraud.  Its all American politics. 

The second half is yet another counter factual argument.  There is no statistically significant evidence of voter fraud in the US.  At the point the tea party ass hats realize that everything after that is a counter argument where we are attempting to compare a supposed risk to our electoral process to known issues of voter fraud in other places.  The problem is that in those other places the democratic institutions are not embedded into the fabric of the process of the elections.

The first half of the post simply points out that very few people vote and that it only takes 19% of the voters to get a win in NPEY's. I was assuming that the reader would then see that voter fraud doesn't have to be over millions of votes in order to be successful...it just has to be enough for a candidate to get to 19%. I wasn't trying to compare us to "other places." Thanks for bringing up tea party ass hats, because it was obviously what I was referring to.?

Dude, you seem wound a little tight. My post had nothing to do with political parties or with other places. I did refer to special interest groups, but those groups are on any and every side of the isle.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 12:57:01 PM »

You (or somebody else) still need to explain in detail why requiring a photo ID is racist and disenfranchising the poor and minorities.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 01:40:33 PM »
Jesus.
EMAW

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 02:39:17 AM »

You (or somebody else) still need to explain in detail why requiring a photo ID is racist and disenfranchising the poor and minorities.
You really want me to recite talking points? 

You're also assuming that I inherently disagree with the premise of IDing voters.  I however find a larger issue with the tea party ass hats and neoconservative clowns inventing this straw man that our election are under threat of fraud when that is false.  But there is statistical evidence that it does effect minorities and poor disproportionately.  I firmly believe thought that it is not an illogical thing for anyone to get a state iD card just for everyday use, buying certain vice products, iDing in case of police interview etc etc.   But than I'm sure the tea party clowns would than bitch about world government and national iD talking points.

The first half of the post simply points out that very few people vote and that it only takes 19% of the voters to get a win in NPEY's. I was assuming that the reader would then see that voter fraud doesn't have to be over millions of votes in order to be successful...it just has to be enough for a candidate to get to 19%. I wasn't trying to compare us to "other places." Thanks for bringing up tea party ass hats, because it was obviously what I was referring to.?

Dude, you seem wound a little tight. My post had nothing to do with political parties or with other places. I did refer to special interest groups, but those groups are on any and every side of the isle.
and yet well still have a terribly statistically insignificant blip of fraud. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 12:29:54 PM »

You really want me to recite talking points? 

You're also assuming that I inherently disagree with the premise of IDing voters.  I however find a larger issue with the tea party ass hats and neoconservative clowns inventing this straw man that our election are under threat of fraud when that is false.  But there is statistical evidence that it does effect minorities and poor disproportionately.  I firmly believe thought that it is not an illogical thing for anyone to get a state iD card just for everyday use, buying certain vice products, iDing in case of police interview etc etc.   But than I'm sure the tea party clowns would than bitch about world government and national iD talking points.

Voter fraud isn't a strawman, and we are going to see more in the upcoming election than in any previous. It's the Chicago way.

There is no need to make it mandatory to possess a legal picture ID. If you don't want to participate, you don't need one. If you would like to vote, go to your local post office or county seat and get one for free.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 07:29:22 PM »
libs are soo butthurt all the time just butthurt

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 12:15:23 AM »
Why take a near cost free measure to mitigate voter fraud? We do nothing right now to prevent and identify it and only catch fraud at the rate of 1 in 100 voters. The democratic process isn't worth preserving at such a demininus cost.

Pathetic.

The 1% control everything anyways.

Edna, this is the most asinine stand in the history of the pit.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 12:19:20 AM »
Who cares, its less than 1% of the secret service. Not worth addressing at all.  We've got bigger fish to fry, like the .3% of the country earning over a million a year, those evil rough rider's are making us regular folk poor, get 'em!!  and all of us middle classers will be rich.