Author Topic: FYBS (ok not really) (now with people arguing with captaincrap!)  (Read 21437 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: FYBS (ok not really) (now with people arguing with captaincrap!)
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2012, 04:56:19 PM »
We all need to get "Don't trust Frank" tattooed on our bodies a la Memento so when we wake up every morning, we remember to not trust Frank.

He's a liar and he hates us.

A second tattoo under that one saying "I hate Currie" would be a good idea as well.

Why is there a crumpled up Polaroid of Some guy in a WV Track suit in my pocket?

WTF does "FYBS" mean?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2012, 04:56:43 PM »
2.  Who gives a flying eff about the how the receipt came about.  It happened, it's over, and no one will ever really know what happened.

i don't think you quite grasp why this is an issue.

I really don't
emaw

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2012, 04:59:08 PM »
Yeah CC I hope you stick around but it's going to be impossible for a lot of people, myself included, to just buy the party line on the receipt story for a couple of reasons.

1. Currie is clearly lying when he says that he and Frank had a good working relationship. I understand he's doing it to cover his ass, but when you blatantly lie to your fanbase like that then there's going to be a lot of skepticism about what else comes out of his mouth.

2. This and the Dillards incident happens nowhere else in college sports. Especially this one given how ridiculous the circumstances are. Some people will harp on the floor/trash semantics, which is a bit much, but given how uptight this department is on the players getting any latitude whatsoever (I mean, they tell athletic tutors not to give players pencils for christ's sake), there are going to be questions about the official narrative of "well, golly, we sure didn't want this to happen, but shucks, this receipt just ended up on Currie's desk so what else could we do?"

I understand that you mean well cap'n, but I'll repeat what I said yesterday: You're being paid to help the athletic department, not tell us the truth. It's nothing personal, but it's going to be hard for a lot of us to believe you given what I've said above.

1. I totally understand skepticism about things when there is an abundance of other information that suggests otherwise. Your feeling about JC and FM is justifiable- but I would ask you whether it serves anyone involved for JC or FM to say anything other than what they did.

2. Kids get popped for getting discounted or free stuff all the time, that's not unique. You just don't hear about it here. Is K-State's compliance office strict? I'd say they are overly cautious. I'll leave it at that. But they aren't the SWAT team out searching for things. Your suggestion that this was some sort of conspiracy is not accurate. I can't say specifics, hope you understand. Someone saw something they felt wasn't right, took it to someone they thought could help, that person went to compliance. From there, just procedure.

I'm trying to help you guys out, keep things from straying off base. Not paid by AthDept to do so. Taking a risk doing so. Hope you find value in it.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2012, 05:00:04 PM »
I had pictures on a cell phone of Cody Green getting improper benefits from a Nebraska booster at a restaurant.

So, yeah, it's not impossible to believe that someone (KU fan?) might find it odd to see Jamar getting a couple hundred bucks from Western Union in Dillons and see what he dumped in the trash can.

And, FWIW, I'll never doubt Cap'n.

I think the issue at hand is what would have happened had you sent those photos to NU's AD, and what happened when the receipt found its way to our AD.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2012, 05:01:29 PM »
I'm trying to help you guys out, keep things from straying off base. Not paid by AthDept to do so. Taking a risk doing so. Hope you find value in it.

cc, I value the heck out of it. I'm glad you post here.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2012, 05:01:36 PM »
We all need to get "Don't trust Frank" tattooed on our bodies a la Memento so when we wake up every morning, we remember to not trust Frank.

A second tattoo under that one saying "I hate Currie" would be a good idea as well.

Why is there a crumpled up Polaroid of Some guy in a WV Track suit in my pocket?

WTF does "FYBS" mean?

:facepalm:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2012, 05:02:01 PM »
Someone saw something they felt wasn't right, took it to someone they thought could help, that person went to compliance. From there, just procedure.

So there is a second townie tuck bad person to hate? This is turning into a JFK theory.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2012, 05:02:11 PM »
I had pictures on a cell phone of Cody Green getting improper benefits from a Nebraska booster at a restaurant.

So, yeah, it's not impossible to believe that someone (KU fan?) might find it odd to see Jamar getting a couple hundred bucks from Western Union in Dillons and see what he dumped in the trash can.

And, FWIW, I'll never doubt Cap'n.

I think the issue at hand is what would have happened had you sent those photos to NU's AD, and what happened when the receipt found its way to our AD.

Well, yeah.

But the point stands that a lot of these kids aren't careful, and you never know who may be watching.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2012, 05:02:59 PM »

WTF does "FYBS" mean?

FYNK

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2012, 05:03:08 PM »

WTF does "FYBS" mean?

You wouldn't know either if you just woke up and were the dude from Memento.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2012, 05:06:15 PM »
Someone saw something they felt wasn't right, took it to someone they thought could help, that person went to compliance. From there, just procedure.

So there is a second townie tuck bad person to hate? This is turning into a JFK theory.

the point is there are townie tuck assholes in every college town in the nation and when they report "violations" to the AD it ends there.  When TTA's in Manhattan report "violations" they are treated as VIOLATIONS.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »

the point is there are townie tuck assholes in every college town in the nation and when they report "violations" to the AD it ends there.  When TTA's in Manhattan report "violations" they are treated as VIOLATIONS.

Disagree.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2012, 05:11:48 PM »

Disagree.

That's fair, I just can't think of any concrete examples of athletes at other uni's getting suspended for the same types of things with such regularity.  Are we just more up front about the reasons?  Actually athletes in other sports @ KSU don't seem to have these issues either.  Tell me where I am going astray.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2012, 05:12:32 PM »

WTF does "FYBS" mean?

You wouldn't know either if you just woke up and were the dude from Memento.

this was fantastic to witness.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »
Just the mere thought of Lew Perkins suspending Duhrell Arthur over a tip that he didn't legitimately graduate high school an hour before the National Title game makes me laugh.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2012, 05:19:42 PM »
Frank is awful.

Currie is awful. 

The problem is that we don't have to put up with frank's bullshit anymore.  Currie must be next.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2012, 05:20:51 PM »
If I created a western union ticket and dropped it off in lawrence do you think trob would be suspended cc?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
FYBS (ok not really) (now with people arguing with captaincrap!)
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2012, 05:21:01 PM »
Agree cire

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2012, 05:22:19 PM »
I picture that Western Union Receipt like the feather in Forest Gump.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
FYBS (ok not really) (now with people arguing with captaincrap!)
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2012, 05:24:31 PM »
CC, did you see our larry brown / pearl idea? Omg wow! Amirite? Pass that onto schulzy ASAP please.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2012, 05:28:02 PM »
If I created a western union ticket and dropped it off in lawrence do you think trob would be suspended cc?

To be fair by using a hypothetical example: Currie did hypothetically say that Samuels hypothetically admitted to receiving hypothetical money.  So, hypothetically, they didn't suspend him on a fabrication. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2012, 05:29:11 PM »
CC, did you see our larry brown / pearl idea? Omg wow! Amirite? Pass that onto schulzy ASAP please.

yeah, the trash can thing is behind us (although we reserve the right to turn around and use it if necessary).

Here is our focus:

1) Pearl/Brown
2) If Pearl/Brown happens, party like you've never partied before, forget about the silly frank incident.
3) If Pearl/Brown doesn't happen, burn down Bramlage with everyone in it. Start the fire with found trash.

Offline 101cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2012, 05:47:44 PM »

yeah, the trash can thing is behind us (although we reserve the right to turn around and use it if necessary).

Here is our focus:

1) Pearl/Brown
2) If Pearl/Brown happens, party like you've never partied before, forget about the silly frank incident.
3) If Pearl/Brown doesn't happen, burn down Bramlage with everyone in it. Start the fire with found trash.

Check the trash for receipts first. Keep everything at the lowest level possible, before Currie gets his slimy little paws on anything.
"Ask my source? My source said you're phoning in your resignation, and taking a job in South Carolina. Any comment, bad person?"

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2012, 06:00:51 PM »
Yeah CC I hope you stick around but it's going to be impossible for a lot of people, myself included, to just buy the party line on the receipt story for a couple of reasons.

1. Currie is clearly lying when he says that he and Frank had a good working relationship. I understand he's doing it to cover his ass, but when you blatantly lie to your fanbase like that then there's going to be a lot of skepticism about what else comes out of his mouth.

2. This and the Dillards incident happens nowhere else in college sports. Especially this one given how ridiculous the circumstances are. Some people will harp on the floor/trash semantics, which is a bit much, but given how uptight this department is on the players getting any latitude whatsoever (I mean, they tell athletic tutors not to give players pencils for christ's sake), there are going to be questions about the official narrative of "well, golly, we sure didn't want this to happen, but shucks, this receipt just ended up on Currie's desk so what else could we do?"

I understand that you mean well cap'n, but I'll repeat what I said yesterday: You're being paid to help the athletic department, not tell us the truth. It's nothing personal, but it's going to be hard for a lot of us to believe you given what I've said above.

1. I totally understand skepticism about things when there is an abundance of other information that suggests otherwise. Your feeling about JC and FM is justifiable- but I would ask you whether it serves anyone involved for JC or FM to say anything other than what they did.

2. Kids get popped for getting discounted or free stuff all the time, that's not unique. You just don't hear about it here. Is K-State's compliance office strict? I'd say they are overly cautious. I'll leave it at that. But they aren't the SWAT team out searching for things. Your suggestion that this was some sort of conspiracy is not accurate. I can't say specifics, hope you understand. Someone saw something they felt wasn't right, took it to someone they thought could help, that person went to compliance. From there, just procedure.

Thanks for your response. On the first point, I definitely see why Currie and Frank said they said, it covers both of their asses professionally. If Currie bashed Frank, it'd make him look like a petty bad person and would give another excuse for the fans to revolt. If Frank went off on Currie publicly, the South Carolina administration would get skittish. It's a classic catch 22, either tell the truth and have things blow up or lie and have everyone deride you for being a liar. I'd just rather get truthful answers as to what happened.

On the second point, I understand that you can't go into specifics and I wouldn't expect you to. I also know that kids get popped for free stuff at other schools (this has happened at my undergrad school), but I've never seen another school suspend a kid right before an NCAA tournament game because of a $200 wire transfer, and I've never seen that type of incident make a coach blow his top and run off to a basketball graveyard. Granted, Frank is overly emotional and very entitled, but this and the Dillard's incident seem very extreme and makes it look like we care more about pleasing than NCAA than either winning or looking out for our players. The way you explain it seems a bit more reasonable and now I'm a little more inclined to at least acknowledge that what you've been told might be true. But it's hard for me to fully repress my skepticism over this whole thing, the idea that someone would go through the trash to try and turn in Jamar just seems so incomprehensible to me that my gut just says that something's not right here. I mean, really, who does that? And what school is going to sabotage their own NCAA chances over something as minor as this? All four schools in the Final Four certainly wouldn't. At the very least, it seems like we're overly eager to throw our own players to the wolves, and that's a damn shame.

That said, I definitely enjoy having you here and I appreciate that you take the time to give us some scoops even though it poses risks to you. I certainly don't blame you for any of this and I don't mean to come off as taking any anger out on you.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2012, 06:12:01 PM »
Other schools have this crap happen all the time. Only difference is they all discover this crap from April-August. Only at K-State is this stuff discovered hours before a game.

If Jamar's situation was academic (like Melo's), I see no way that Currie doesn't release that before the selection process. At Syracuse is SOP to at least hide that crap til after you get the No. 1 seed.