Author Topic: FYBS (ok not really) (now with people arguing with captaincrap!)  (Read 21285 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: FYBS (ok not really) (now with people arguing with captaincrap!)
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2012, 04:27:54 PM »
Has anyone asked the obvious question? If it just ended up on his desk, how did he know it came out of the trash?

Ended up on the desk doesn't mean he doesn't know the person and the story, just implies that he wasn't actively pursuing finding it.  Just going about my day of planning Frank's next long recruiting drive and today's bathroom breaks and lo and behold, what's this.....a receipt you say?

I really appreciate CC too and hope he doesn't take any of this as an attack on him.  It is just natural for a need for answers to exist and often questions lead to other questions when an AD has troubs answering certain questions.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2012, 04:28:52 PM »
Bill cares about Kansas State more than anything.

Which is why he endorsed the Ron Prince hire.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2012, 04:29:31 PM »
Has anyone asked the obvious question? If it just ended up on his desk, how did he know it came out of the trash?

Ended up on the desk doesn't mean he doesn't know the person and the story, just implies that he wasn't actively pursuing finding it.  Just going about my day of planning Frank's next long recruiting drive and today's bathroom breaks and lo and behold, what's this.....a receipt you say?

I really appreciate CC too and hope he doesn't take any of this as an attack on him.  It is just natural for a need for answers to exist and often questions lead to other questions when an AD has troubs answering certain questions.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2012, 04:39:02 PM »
Yeah CC I hope you stick around but it's going to be impossible for a lot of people, myself included, to just buy the party line on the receipt story for a couple of reasons.

1. Currie is clearly lying when he says that he and Frank had a good working relationship. I understand he's doing it to cover his ass, but when you blatantly lie to your fanbase like that then there's going to be a lot of skepticism about what else comes out of his mouth.

2. This and the Dillards incident happens nowhere else in college sports. Especially this one given how ridiculous the circumstances are. Some people will harp on the floor/trash semantics, which is a bit much, but given how uptight this department is on the players getting any latitude whatsoever (I mean, they tell athletic tutors not to give players pencils for christ's sake), there are going to be questions about the official narrative of "well, golly, we sure didn't want this to happen, but shucks, this receipt just ended up on Currie's desk so what else could we do?"

I understand that you mean well cap'n, but I'll repeat what I said yesterday: You're being paid to help the athletic department, not tell us the truth. It's nothing personal, but it's going to be hard for a lot of us to believe you given what I've said above.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2012, 04:39:21 PM »
yeah captain crap is one of the better things about this dump. like if this board really was the bad news bears, then he would be something between a tanner boyle and carmen ronzonni from the bad news bears in breaking training. everybody else here would pretty much be a cast member from bad news bears go to japan.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2012, 04:40:44 PM »
WTF is #9999?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2012, 04:41:04 PM »
yeah captain crap is one of the better things about this dump. like if this board really was the bad news bears, then he would be something between a tanner boyle and carmen ronzonni from the bad news bears in breaking training. everybody else here would pretty much be a cast member from bad news bears go to japan.

oh man :lol:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2012, 04:41:07 PM »
Yeah CC I hope you stick around but it's going to be impossible for a lot of people, myself included, to just buy the party line on the receipt story for a couple of reasons.

1. Currie is clearly lying when he says that he and Frank had a good working relationship. I understand he's doing it to cover his ass, but when you blatantly lie to your fanbase like that then there's going to be a lot of skepticism about what else comes out of his mouth.

2. This and the Dillards incident happens nowhere else in college sports. Especially this one given how ridiculous the circumstances are. Some people will harp on the floor/trash semantics, which is a bit much, but given how uptight this department is on the players getting any latitude whatsoever (I mean, they tell athletic tutors not to give players pencils for christ's sake), there are going to be questions about the official narrative of "well, golly, we sure didn't want this to happen, but shucks, this receipt just ended up on Currie's desk so what else could we do?"

I understand that you mean well cap'n, but I'll repeat what I said yesterday: You're being paid to help the athletic department, not tell us the truth. It's nothing personal, but it's going to be hard for a lot of us to believe you given what I've said above.

I'm of the mind CC risks his job by posting here.  He is not an AD shill, but a guy just giving breadcrumbs when he can.    He has no benefit to post lies when he's posted other things not on the party line.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2012, 04:41:30 PM »
WTF is #9999?

Terrible 10,000th post iyam

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2012, 04:42:27 PM »
Oh, wgaf about that?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2012, 04:44:48 PM »

I'm of the mind CC risks his job by posting here.  He is not an AD shill, but a guy just giving breadcrumbs when he can.    He has no benefit to post lies when he's posted other things not on the party line.

no one is saying he's lying. in fact, i believe he's relaying what he's told.

but what he's being told is a different story.

catzacker

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2012, 04:46:16 PM »
i believe and don't believe everything that each "side" says. 

,..although I will say how "who" dumpster dove and got that reciept hasn't gotten out is quite mind boggling. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2012, 04:48:21 PM »
I'm Henry Rowengartner in the hit movie rookie of the year. Just got my cast off. Anyone want to go to a cubs game?

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2012, 04:48:55 PM »
i believe and don't believe everything that each "side" says. 

,..although I will say how "who" dumpster dove and got that reciept hasn't gotten out is quite mind boggling.

I agree with this. If somebody brought me something shitty like that and I were the AD, I would report it (you have to with 3rd party knowledge), but I would go ahead and tell the press exactly who brought the information forward was. People who invade the privacy of student athletes like that have no right to have their privacy protected in turn.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
FYBS (ok not really) (now with people arguing with captaincrap!)
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2012, 04:49:03 PM »
Go back to the sad corner chingon

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2012, 04:49:21 PM »
:lol:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2012, 04:49:31 PM »
1.  Reiter just wants attention.  Snyder would never in a billion years say anything like that.

2.  Who gives a flying eff about the how the receipt came about.  It happened, it's over, and no one will ever really know what happened.
emaw

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2012, 04:52:27 PM »
We all need to get "Don't trust Frank" tattooed on our bodies a la Memento so when we wake up every morning, we remember to not trust Frank.

He's a liar and he hates us.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2012, 04:52:41 PM »
2.  Who gives a flying eff about the how the receipt came about.  It happened, it's over, and no one will ever really know what happened.

i don't think you quite grasp why this is an issue.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2012, 04:53:27 PM »
We all need to get "Don't trust Frank" tattooed on our bodies a la Memento so when we wake up every morning, we remember to not trust Frank.

A second tattoo under that one saying "I hate Currie" would be a good idea as well.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2012, 04:55:19 PM »

We should do it backwards across our chests so we can read it correctly when we look in a mirror.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2012, 04:55:29 PM »

A second tattoo under that one saying "I hate Currie" would be a good idea as well.

Why is there a crumpled up Polaroid of Some guy in a WV Track suit in my pocket?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2012, 04:55:59 PM »
I had pictures on a cell phone of Cody Green getting improper benefits from a Nebraska booster at a restaurant.

So, yeah, it's not impossible to believe that someone (KU fan?) might find it odd to see Jamar getting a couple hundred bucks from Western Union in Dillons and see what he dumped in the trash can.

And, FWIW, I'll never doubt Cap'n.