Author Topic: George Zimmerman is a piece of crap  (Read 200644 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #275 on: June 25, 2013, 11:02:27 PM »
I take my answer back.

i love this about you.  i don't think many posters are capable of abandoning a position they'd just argued publicly, at least not so quickly.  i know i can't.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 25, 2013, 11:04:12 PM »
I take my answer back.

i love this about you.  i don't think many posters are capable of abandoning a position they'd just argued publicly, at least not so quickly.  i know i can't.

I was vacuuming, which cleared my head. I doubt many posters here vacuum, they're mostly disgusting ballcap wearing slobs.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 25, 2013, 11:04:23 PM »
I take my answer back.

Yes this is a very admirable quality to have.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 25, 2013, 11:11:36 PM »
I think it would make things much more simple. If Zimmerman were perceived to be hispanic, he's arrested immediately and the entire circus is avoided. No controversy about gun rights or black teens wearing hoodies, no enormous legal defense fund for Zimmerman, no running Trayvon's name through the mud. Zimmerman's just a simple murderer in that case.

yeah, but it had already became a story before the half-hispanic element came up.  neither the public nor the media is capable of about-facing and admitting that they no longer cared about how some kid got killed.  besides, zimmerman's still half-white (and dougie's right, the ethnicity of his surname does matter).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 25, 2013, 11:22:05 PM »
I don't think it complicates anything.

well lets, be honest, you're kinda Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) about a small number of things (niggardly, this).  i mean it was just three posts ago you were talking about how of course the reason we're talking about this because of race, and then almost in the same breath you claim to think it doesn't matter (to the story) if zimmerman is white or not.

:lol:

Yeah, I take my answer back. I don't think it complicates things, though, I think it would make things much more simple. If Zimmerman were perceived to be hispanic, he's arrested immediately and the entire circus is avoided. No controversy about gun rights or black teens wearing hoodies, no enormous legal defense fund for Zimmerman, no running Trayvon's name through the mud. Zimmerman's just a simple murderer in that case.

I'm still right about niggardly, though.

I don't think he would have been arrested any sooner simply because it's the law in Florida, like it or not, that you can kill someone defending yourself. I think he may have been free longer without the pressure of the press whipping up the racist elements of the event.  Would NBC have edited the 911 call to make an Hispanic seem racist? No.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 25, 2013, 11:24:04 PM »
I think it would make things much more simple. If Zimmerman were perceived to be hispanic, he's arrested immediately and the entire circus is avoided. No controversy about gun rights or black teens wearing hoodies, no enormous legal defense fund for Zimmerman, no running Trayvon's name through the mud. Zimmerman's just a simple murderer in that case.

yeah, but it had already became a story before the half-hispanic element came up.  neither the public nor the media is capable of about-facing and admitting that they no longer cared about how some kid got killed.  besides, zimmerman's still half-white (and dougie's right, the ethnicity of his surname does matter).

It only became a major story mainly because it took several months to arrest him. I'm saying I don't think the police half-ass the investigation if Zimmerman has a hispanic name.

I'm not sure where you're going with the half-hispanic thing and the media - why is an "about-face" required? How does the knowledge that his mom hispanic mean they don't care about how some kid got killed?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 25, 2013, 11:25:57 PM »
I don't think it complicates anything.

well lets, be honest, you're kinda Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) about a small number of things (niggardly, this).  i mean it was just three posts ago you were talking about how of course the reason we're talking about this because of race, and then almost in the same breath you claim to think it doesn't matter (to the story) if zimmerman is white or not.

:lol:

Yeah, I take my answer back. I don't think it complicates things, though, I think it would make things much more simple. If Zimmerman were perceived to be hispanic, he's arrested immediately and the entire circus is avoided. No controversy about gun rights or black teens wearing hoodies, no enormous legal defense fund for Zimmerman, no running Trayvon's name through the mud. Zimmerman's just a simple murderer in that case.

I'm still right about niggardly, though.

I don't think he would have been arrested any sooner simply because it's the law in Florida, like it or not, that you can kill someone defending yourself. I think he may have been free longer without the pressure of the press whipping up the racist elements of the event.  Would NBC have edited the 911 call to make an Hispanic seem racist? No.

In that case, it's still a huge racial issue because of the police/law.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 25, 2013, 11:27:11 PM »
there is every indication that the prosecution is aggressively attempting to confuse this issue, which is troubling as a matter of due process.

pretty sure the judge, not the prosecution or the defense, has the responsibility to instruct the jury regarding the law, and to clarify if they suffer from any confusion.

Of course this is the judge's job. But that doesn't give the prosecution license to attempt to confuse the jurors. Like it or not, in our criminal justice system, we believe so strongly in preventing wrongful convictions that we hold the state to a higher standard. For the prosecution, it is not supposed to be about winning or losing, but about seeing justice fairly administered. Of course, it is naive to think that many, or any, prosecutors actually believe this. Anyway, this is getting off point.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 25, 2013, 11:31:49 PM »
like, you said you don't think it complicates the issue, it makes it simpler.  because it never would have been a story if he was hispanic (forget the half part for now, let's just deal in hypotheticals)  so i tried to rebut that by saying it complicates the story rather than makes it simpler because it already became a story with the assumption that he was anglo (anglo with a german name, whatever, our ethnic labels were never meant to be accurate) and they were not going to decide to not care (the public) or to not cover (the media) the story after they'd already started.

"never mind, never mind, zimmerman's latino.  squirrel!"

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 25, 2013, 11:37:53 PM »
like, you said you don't think it complicates the issue, it makes it simpler.  because it never would have been a story if he was hispanic (forget the half part for now, let's just deal in hypotheticals)  so i tried to rebut that by saying it complicates the story rather than makes it simpler because it already became a story with the assumption that he was anglo (anglo with a german name, whatever, our ethnic labels were never meant to be accurate) and they were not going to decide to not care (the public) or to not cover (the media) the story after they'd already started.

"never mind, never mind, zimmerman's latino.  squirrel!"

I don't think the fact that the shooter was thought to be 100% pure Aryan was the only reason this was a story.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 25, 2013, 11:40:38 PM »
I don't think the fact that the shooter was thought to be 100% pure Aryan was the only reason this was a story.

a necessary, but not sufficient, condition.  i think we agree on that.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 25, 2013, 11:41:25 PM »

a necessary, but not sufficient, condition.  i think we agree on that.

I disagree that it is necessary.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 25, 2013, 11:51:58 PM »

it's contrarian full circle!

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 25, 2013, 11:52:49 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 25, 2013, 11:55:03 PM »

it's contrarian full circle!

Racism on the part of the police department is still a major story.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 25, 2013, 11:57:22 PM »
i agree michigancat, but nobody's talking about "police department racism" anymore.  in fact, just today i forgot that was even an element to the story, let alone the only reason this story received any national publicity in the first place.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 26, 2013, 12:03:02 AM »
i agree michigancat, but nobody's talking about "police department racism" anymore.  in fact, just today i forgot that was even an element to the story, let alone the only reason this story received any national publicity in the first place.

Yeah, people are talking about his motivations for killing Trayvon.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 26, 2013, 12:15:13 AM »

Right, but even if Zimmerman was motivated by race, why do we care so much about this race motivated murder in particular?  Not every murder motivated by race receives this kind of high profile attention.  Maybe it should, but it doesn't.  Which I think is why I was having a hard time grasping why this one in particular was so compelling on the national level. 

Is it just residual interest from the original "not charging Zimmerman" issue?   Kind of a "well this story captured our attention last summer so we're going to see this out" kind of thing?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:18:42 AM by Dlew12 »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 26, 2013, 12:48:38 AM »
People are fascinated by it because a young black teen was targeted by a vigilante (possibly for being a young black teen) shot and killed. Yes there is racial issue here. Don't be dumbasses. But, complaining because they use a nice picture of him is rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). When someone is murdered you don't pick their sluttiest or drunkest Facebook picture you can find to show the world. I mean, people are actually complaining that the murderer isn't portrayed as more Hispanic? Could someone not find a rough ridin' picture of him in a sombrero?

I don't think the issue is that it's a "nice" picture. It's that the picture was of him as a child, while zimmerman's picture was a mugshot from a previous arrest. That's pretty weird.

Those weren't the only two goddam pictures being used.

This reminds me of whole New Orleans Lootie thing.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #294 on: June 26, 2013, 01:08:41 AM »

Right, but even if Zimmerman was motivated by race, why do we care so much about this race motivated murder in particular?  Not every murder motivated by race receives this kind of high profile attention.  Maybe it should, but it doesn't.  Which I think is why I was having a hard time grasping why this one in particular was so compelling on the national level. 

Is it just residual interest from the original "not charging Zimmerman" issue?   Kind of a "well this story captured our attention last summer so we're going to see this out" kind of thing?

All of the above plus the attention to the stand your ground law, the 911 call, the somewhat shaky evidence for the prosecution. On top of that, it really isn't normal for someone walking down the street to be confronted and murdered by a stranger (of any race). Do you honestly not find this case particularly unique or interesting?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 01:12:18 AM by michigancat »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 26, 2013, 01:20:36 AM »
I mean, what if the defense proves that Trayvon was quarter Jewish or something. What a twist that would be!
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 26, 2013, 01:43:22 AM »
how often are neighborhood watch people confronted and beaten?   :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 26, 2013, 01:56:39 AM »
Yeah i guess it's about race.  Just seems odd.

It's about more than race.  The community of Sanford had to basically convince the police department to look into the situation further.  The police didn't make an arrest for months, and the public started getting pissed.  An unarmed teenager was killed in the middle of the night by another civilian, and people wanted justice. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Trayvon Martin
« Reply #298 on: June 26, 2013, 06:05:08 AM »
I mean, what if the defense proves that Trayvon was quarter Jewish or something. What a twist that would be!

lol

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 26, 2013, 07:04:40 AM »
It's a story because zimmerman killed a guy and seemingly was not seriously investigated.