Author Topic: George Zimmerman is a piece of crap  (Read 199690 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #250 on: June 25, 2013, 08:04:34 PM »
Yeah i guess it's about race.  Just seems odd.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 25, 2013, 08:06:10 PM »
People are fascinated by it because a young black teen was targeted by a vigilante (possibly for being a young black teen) shot and killed. Yes there is racial issue here. Don't be dumbasses. But, complaining because they use a nice picture of him is rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). When someone is murdered you don't pick their sluttiest or drunkest Facebook picture you can find to show the world. I mean, people are actually complaining that the murderer isn't portrayed as more Hispanic? Could someone not find a rough ridin' picture of him in a sombrero?

It's a misrepresentation of what happened.  The way some media outlets have covered this, you'd think a skinhead member of the Aryan Brotherhood took out a little kid.  I don't think it's wrong to want just the facts instead of truthiness and bias.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 25, 2013, 08:07:48 PM »
People are fascinated by it because a young black teen was targeted by a vigilante (possibly for being a young black teen) shot and killed. Yes there is racial issue here. Don't be dumbasses. But, complaining because they use a nice picture of him is rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). When someone is murdered you don't pick their sluttiest or drunkest Facebook picture you can find to show the world. I mean, people are actually complaining that the murderer isn't portrayed as more Hispanic? Could someone not find a rough ridin' picture of him in a sombrero?

I don't think the issue is that it's a "nice" picture. It's that the picture was of him as a child, while zimmerman's picture was a mugshot from a previous arrest. That's pretty weird.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 25, 2013, 08:10:08 PM »
EDIT: Ok, just reread the initial post and it jogged my memory.  I forgot about how Zimmerman was released after 5 hours without having been charged of anything.  That was ridiculous.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 25, 2013, 08:10:18 PM »
Do you know his age in that picture? I've heard 8, 4 and 10 so far.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 25, 2013, 08:11:06 PM »

I don't think the issue is that it's a "nice" picture. It's that the picture was of him as a child, while zimmerman's picture was a mugshot from a previous arrest. That's pretty weird.

Those weren't the only two goddam pictures being used.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 25, 2013, 08:12:19 PM »
This would be a great psych study. Tell this story. Give one group the story where the murderer is a white person and the dead guy is a black person, give another group the same story but the murderer is a black person and the dead guy is a white person. Have the groups say what they think happened.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 25, 2013, 08:29:34 PM »
This would be a great psych study. Tell this story. Give one group the story where the murderer is a white person and the dead guy is a black person, give another group the same story but the murderer is a black person and the dead guy is a white person. Have the groups say what they think happened.

Is Zimmerman white just because his last name is Zimmerman?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Trayvon Martin
« Reply #260 on: June 25, 2013, 08:31:41 PM »

No it's For Science.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 25, 2013, 08:33:39 PM »
Is the argument being presented that being "half Hispanic" means Zimmermann can't be racist? Is that what people are seriously trying to rough ridin' say?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 25, 2013, 08:37:33 PM »

I never said it had to be exactly like the story, I just think the idea of it is interesting. And by that I mean the results would be really, really sad.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 25, 2013, 08:44:29 PM »
Look, I hate white people just as much as the next guy but... Actually thats all I really wanted to say.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 25, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »
Look, I hate white people just as much as the next guy but... Actually thats all I really wanted to say.

:lol: classic applejack
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 25, 2013, 09:25:35 PM »
Is the argument being presented that being "half Hispanic" means Zimmermann can't be racist? Is that what people are seriously trying to rough ridin' say?

I don't know anything about that.  I was wondering if his father was Hispanic rather than his mother, and his name were Jorge Hernandez, would there be the same perception of the entire episode?

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 25, 2013, 09:28:45 PM »
Here's Zimmerman's Myspace page about me,

I dont miss driving around scared to hit mexicans walkin on the side of the street, soft ass wanna be thugs messin with peoples cars when they aint around (what are you provin, that you can dent a car when no ones watchin) dont make you a man in my book. Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!”

and a post or two about his court proceedings,

Im still free! The ex hoe tried her hardest, but the judge saw through it! Big Mike, reppin the Dverse security makin me look a million bucks, broke her down! Thanks to everyone for checkin up on me! Stay tuned for the A.T.F. charges......

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 25, 2013, 10:28:38 PM »

no, it just complicates the story, so it was ignored during the initial reporting.  and, of course, people with an interest in not observing white americans acting racist with respect to black americans very much didn't like that it was ignored because if they think of zimmerman as latino, then feel like they aren't being confronted with a white american acting racist with respect to a black american.

btw, you seem really hung up on zimmerman being racist.  kinda weird considering he may or may not be racist, but he definitely killed a kid.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 25, 2013, 10:35:51 PM »

no, it just complicates the story, so it was ignored during the initial reporting.  and, of course, people with an interest in not observing white americans acting racist with respect to black americans very much didn't like that it was ignored because if they think of zimmerman as latino, then feel like they aren't being confronted with a white american acting racist with respect to a black american.

I don't think it complicates anything.

btw, you seem really hung up on zimmerman being racist.  kinda weird considering he may or may not be racist, but he definitely killed a kid.

oh wait he killed a kid? thanks for clearing that up.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 25, 2013, 10:39:22 PM »
FTR, lots of Hispanics hate black people more than racist white people.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 25, 2013, 10:41:43 PM »

well lets, be honest, you're kinda Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) about a small number of things (niggardly, this).  i mean it was just three posts ago you were talking about how of course the reason we're talking about this because of race, and then almost in the same breath you claim to think it doesn't matter (to the story) if zimmerman is white or not.

:lol:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2013, 10:48:57 PM »
Seems to be a whole lot of very emotional, very poorly informed argument going on here, or exactly what I'd expect. It's an interesting case. I'd suggest everyone give the wiki article a read for starters.

Ultimately, this case is going to come down to three things: (1) what evidence is presented; (2) what evidence does the jury find credible; and (3) will the jury correctly apply the facts to the law? Nobody can predict ANY of these things with any certainty.

If I had to guess, I'd say Zimmerman is acquitted, for the simple reason that most of the eyewitnesses to the physical struggle, besides Zimmerman himself, will likely testify that Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating the crap out of him, which appears to be consistent with Zimmerman's injuries, and with the bullet impact.

Whether Zimmerman "profiled" or "stalked" Martin is likely irrelevant to whether Zimmerman ultimately fired his weapon in self defense, at least if the jury correctly follows the law (and there is every indication that the prosecution is aggressively attempting to confuse this issue, which is troubling as a matter of due process). There just doesn't seem to be very strong evidence at all that would negate Zimmerman's argument of self defense beyond a reasonable doubt. Instead, the scant eyewitness evidence would generally seem to support it, but lets see what actually comes out at trial.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 25, 2013, 10:54:03 PM »

well lets, be honest, you're kinda Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) about a small number of things (niggardly, this).  i mean it was just three posts ago you were talking about how of course the reason we're talking about this because of race, and then almost in the same breath you claim to think it doesn't matter (to the story) if zimmerman is white or not.

:lol:

Yeah, I take my answer back. I don't think it complicates things, though, I think it would make things much more simple. If Zimmerman were perceived to be hispanic, he's arrested immediately and the entire circus is avoided. No controversy about gun rights or black teens wearing hoodies, no enormous legal defense fund for Zimmerman, no running Trayvon's name through the mud. Zimmerman's just a simple murderer in that case.

I'm still right about niggardly, though.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 25, 2013, 10:55:14 PM »
Seems to be a whole lot of very emotional, very poorly informed argument going on here, or exactly what I'd expect...

Ultimately, this case is going to come down to three things: (1) what evidence is presented; (2) what evidence does the jury find credible; and (3) will the jury correctly apply the facts to the law? Nobody can predict ANY of these things with any certainty.
That's some hard hitting stuff, Mr. Snarky Pants.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 25, 2013, 10:58:58 PM »
there is every indication that the prosecution is aggressively attempting to confuse this issue, which is troubling as a matter of due process.

pretty sure the judge, not the prosecution or the defense, has the responsibility to instruct the jury regarding the law, and to clarify if they suffer from any confusion.