Author Topic: Frank watch 2012:  (Read 299431 times)

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #1025 on: March 24, 2012, 01:07:56 AM »
WTF is going on?  Is Frank gone or what? 

:confused:

In a way, we all are.
emaw

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #1026 on: March 24, 2012, 01:08:24 AM »

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 24, 2012, 01:09:12 AM »
WTF is going on?  Is Frank gone or what? 

:confused:

Frank died and USC is paying his estate like 3 million a year to pull a "Weekend at Bernie's" with his corpse.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 24, 2012, 01:11:16 AM »
http://www.dixiefriedsports.com/Frank_Martin_Watch.html
it would be nice if goEMAW's work wasn't routinely stolen by the media
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 24, 2012, 01:15:33 AM »

That is just awful presentation. Site looks like it was designed by a fourth grader.
emaw

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1030 on: March 24, 2012, 01:17:19 AM »

Interesting that Groce's name has come up somehow in their search.

I guess at this point, once Frank is gone, my preference is A) find some way to get Pearl, or B) maybe approach Groce.  He apparently makes 300k now after incentives.

Groce does have a pretty good resume, though.  Kind of Anthony Grant-ish at VCU:

Coaching Experience:
Ohio University (Head coach, 2008-Present)
Ohio State University (Associate head coach, 2006-08)
Ohio State University (Assistant coach, 2004-06)
Xavier University (Assistant coach, 2001-04)
Butler University (Assistant coach, 2000-01)
NC State University (Assistant coach, 1996-00)
Taylor University (Assistant coach, 1993-96)

NBA DRAFT PICKS COACHED BY JOHN GROCE
Greg Oden (First overall, Portland Trailblazers, 2007)
Evan Turner (Second overall, Philadelphia 76ers, 2010)
Mike Conley Jr. (Fourth overall, Memphis Grizzlies, 2007)
David West (18th overall, New Orleans Hornets, 2003)
Daequan Cook (21st overall, Miami Heat, 2007)
Kosta Koufas (23rd overall, Utah Jazz, 2008)
Lionel Chalmers (33rd overall, Los Angeles Clippers, 2004)
David Young (41st overall, Seattle SuperSonics, 2004)
Romain Sato (52nd overall, San Antonio Spurs, 2004)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:28:12 AM by Panjandrum »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 24, 2012, 01:17:32 AM »
I truly, truly hate this time of year.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 24, 2012, 01:29:51 AM »
It really sickens me what these two fools have done to our program and school.  Pettiness, spite and greed.  And we're the victims.

Currie and Frank are absolutely despicable.  Both of them, equally.

This a great school, proud basketball program, and tremendously loyal fans and good people that deserve far better than either of these two rough ridin' assholes.

All the support and energy and hard earned financial investment we've all poured in.  To see this.  It's truly disgusting.

Kidding right?  All Frank has done for the school and the program is make it as relevant as it ever has been.  How do you not realize that all of this butthurt is BECAUSE of what Frank has done for the school and program?

I'm talking about this event occurring right now.  At this moment in time he's being an irrational, vindictive mothereffer.  What is transpiring right now is Frank trying to embarrass Currie.  This has nothing to do with the past.  All that's great with what he has built over the course of the last five years for this school and this program, he would be a complete dumbfuck to kick tom the curb, simply to run off to basketball purgatory in South Carolina so he can act out his vendetta to get back at his boss.  IF he does that, he's every bit of a loathsome, selfish bad person as Currie.

That's not being butthurt, that's the truth.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 24, 2012, 01:45:07 AM »
rough ridin' crap.  Let ksu basketball be alright.  All I care about. If that is with frank,wonderful if not then eff frank and I hope and pray we can still be good. My only concern. I am on my knees praying for this

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 24, 2012, 01:48:44 AM »
It really sickens me what these two fools have done to our program and school.  Pettiness, spite and greed.  And we're the victims.

Currie and Frank are absolutely despicable.  Both of them, equally.

This a great school, proud basketball program, and tremendously loyal fans and good people that deserve far better than either of these two rough ridin' assholes.

All the support and energy and hard earned financial investment we've all poured in.  To see this.  It's truly disgusting.

Kidding right?  All Frank has done for the school and the program is make it as relevant as it ever has been.  How do you not realize that all of this butthurt is BECAUSE of what Frank has done for the school and program?

I'm talking about this event occurring right now.  At this moment in time he's being an irrational, vindictive mothereffer.  What is transpiring right now is Frank trying to embarrass Currie.  This has nothing to do with the past.  All that's great with what he has built over the course of the last five years for this school and this program, he would be a complete dumbfuck to kick tom the curb, simply to run off to basketball purgatory in South Carolina so he can act out his vendetta to get back at his boss.  IF he does that, he's every bit of a loathsome, selfish bad person as Currie.

That's not being butthurt, that's the truth.

Lots of negative assumptions.  Just to embarrass Currie?  Really?  Isn't it easier to think he's pissed and wants to move on?  He's going to start over again to embarrass someone?

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: March 24, 2012, 03:03:21 AM »
Frank throwing a hissy fit by up and leaving is pathetic. If he does up and leave and this all turns out to be true then eff frank. Grow Up bad person

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 24, 2012, 03:22:35 AM »

Received word from someone strong on the KSU side of things that Martin's breaking point with KSU AD Currie could have been the letter he sent Wednesday 3/21(see above).  In the letter Currie says the NCAA suspended  Jamar Samuels, but it was Currie who did so.  An already poor relationship could have been fractured more by this letter, the KSU individual states.

Offline Holdin Manutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 24, 2012, 04:22:03 AM »
Frank might be mad, but he's not going anywhere.  Don't get too worried bros.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 24, 2012, 07:23:32 AM »

Lots of negative assumptions.  Just to embarrass Currie?  Really?  Isn't it easier to think he's pissed and wants to move on?  He's going to start over again to embarrass someone?

Easier to be pissed at what?

The terrazzo is too nice in his new Taj Mahal practice facility?  The fans love him too much?  The program is on too good a footing?  The returning team next here has too good of a shot at a league title?

You don't willingly leave a program like K-State for basketball purgatory in South Carolina because you just want to "move on".

IF this happens, this is about one thing.  His hatred for Currie.  I know enough about this situation talking to people much closer to the program than me to say this declaratively.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:19:35 AM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1039 on: March 24, 2012, 08:05:35 AM »
are people really worried about south carolina? really?

this is what I can't understand.  if he actually went there, the situation here must have been so toxic, that it has to be good for all parties included.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 24, 2012, 08:10:42 AM »
are people really worried about south carolina? really?

this is what I can't understand.  if he actually went there, the situation here must have been so toxic, that it has to be good for all parties included.

Except for the party that is EMAW since every potential coach in america will wonder why in the world anyone would leave KSU for South Carolina

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1041 on: March 24, 2012, 08:13:52 AM »
i swear, it is amazing how little insight into the human mind most of you people seem to have.  do any of you really think that making 2.0 million vs 1.5 million has more impact on your daily happiness than working for someone who, at the very least, likes you enough to hire you vs someone you detest and who detests you?

i'll never judge someone for leaving a job due to a hateful relationship.  or even a mildly uncomfortable one.  and i find the idea that excess money is more important than your relationships with coworkers to be laughable in it's idiocy.

:thumbs:

This is the perfect example of someone who has no insight in to the human mind.  $500k could make David Duke befriend Jesse Jackson, and both of them have plenty of money.

Sometimes I wonder if Sys is actually a woman.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 24, 2012, 08:14:36 AM »
This is currie's fault you dumbass hayseeds

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 24, 2012, 09:00:42 AM »
If South Carolina begin formal talks with Martin, it won’t be the first time Martin has been involved in another coaching search. Sources said Martin turned down offers from DePaul and Oregon following K-State’s run to the Elite Eight in 2010. Sources said both schools offered as much as $2 million per year.

Last season, he was linked to openings at UNLV and Miami. He did little to end speculation about him accepting those jobs, but never appeared to be a serious candidate.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/03/23/2268400/south-carolina-asks-to-speak-with.html#storylink=cpy

All of those jobs are so much better than SC, it just makes me wonder wtf Frank is thinking.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 24, 2012, 09:02:39 AM »
Frank leaves...Currie will forever be viewed as the bad guy. Forever.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 24, 2012, 09:11:07 AM »

I haven't made up my mind on that yet.  When I do, that will be the official stance. 

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 24, 2012, 09:17:38 AM »

I haven't made up my mind on that yet.  When I do, that will be the official stance.

Its not about your take. That will be the general consensus.  When in reality they are both to blame for being shortsighted and petty.

and in the end, your average fan gets to go back to begging to get off the NIT bubble. We thought this year was rough? Imagine getting blown out @Baylor, @ MU, and losing a squeaker at home vs. Ostate....because that is the future. Alot of SLTH's out there looking to tag a pseudo-elite program like Kstate for a $1 million/year contract they know they don't deserve.

Spring game in 5 weeks.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 24, 2012, 09:19:18 AM »

I imagine we'll view him a lot like St. Louis fans view Don Dinkinger, except that we'll never win multiple World Series and be really happy about being good.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 24, 2012, 09:19:59 AM »
depends on who he hires, winning fixes everything

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 24, 2012, 09:20:52 AM »
depends on who he hires, winning fixes everything

LMAO at him hiring a coach that will replicate the last 5 years.  don't be ignorant.