Author Topic: Frank watch 2012:  (Read 302924 times)

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #975 on: March 23, 2012, 11:27:06 PM »
Even though we didn't get many 5/4 star recruits, I liked getting all the mentions, it made me feel important.

I just can't get excited about the mysterywestafricanthatgrewupplayingvolleyballbuthasalotofrawability and the Quentin Buchanans of the world  :cry:
I'm purple down

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #976 on: March 23, 2012, 11:29:32 PM »
Honest question: If Frank takes the SC job, should Katz be fired?

I mean, really, what agent would okay that move?

:confused: is that a joke?

From what I've seen out there, SC's offer would be lateral in terms of pay.

And, I'm half joking.  But, yes, I think someone needs to get into Frank's ear and say, "Dude...what are you doing?  Don't go home with the first chick that lets you buy her a drink."  If not Katz, then it needs to be someone else.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 23, 2012, 11:31:29 PM »
If Frank had left for Miami, I could deal with that, it's home and I understand
If Frank left for a better job, I could deal with that, it's a promotion and I understand
But to leave for a down grade after all the work he's put in and basically start from nothing, it just doesn't make sense, which is probably why it will happen.

The 18-40 year old fanbase of KSU galvanized behind him and supported him regardless.  We went, we got loud, we invented the OOD and FTB (well, one guy did but still) and we pressured Currie to make sure he got paid.  we also pushed for the practice facility.  To take a lateral (at best) move because he has a beef with his boss means he is a dick.  straight up dick.  It means what we did is worth jack crap in his eyes.  I would take it as a personal insult.

I don't care of Currie is to blame for making poor Frank mad.   GET. OVER. IT.

Don't run away to SC because I can guarantee, it will be the last stop on the coaching "ladder"

No one will touch him after this unless he takes SC to a FF.  Which wont happen.

We didn't do that stuff for Frank, we did it for us.  If BTK was a good basketball coach after what we went through the previous 15 years we would have done the same things.

Those of you mad about the fact that this is USC, would you still be mad if they paid him $2 mil before bonuses?

Of course we did it for us, and having a program we wanted.  How does that change crap?  we showed the kind of support that there will never be at SC.  It benefited Frank to the tune of 6 figures that none of us (besides Beems) make every year. 

If Frank left for a better program, or more money, I'd reconsider.  But he isn't.  You and I both know SC isn't paying Frank 2 mill.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 23, 2012, 11:33:28 PM »
currie will come out of this golden, his propaganda people have been doing amazing work

from what i heard tonight currie is already planting negative stories on Frank

Examples?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 23, 2012, 11:33:51 PM »
If Frank left for a better job, I could deal with that, it's a promotion and I understand
But to leave for a down grade after all the work he's put in and basically start from nothing, it just doesn't make sense, which is probably why it will happen.

The 18-40 year old fanbase of KSU galvanized behind him and supported him regardless.  We went, we got loud, we invented the OOD and FTB (well, one guy did but still) and we pressured Currie to make sure he got paid.  we also pushed for the practice facility.  To take a lateral (at best) move because he has a beef with his boss means he is a dick.  straight up dick.  It means what we did is worth jack crap in his eyes.  I would take it as a personal insult.

Don't run away to SC because I can guarantee, it will be the last stop on the coaching "ladder"

No one will touch him after this unless he takes SC to a FF.  Which wont happen.

We didn't do that stuff for Frank, we did it for us.  If BTK was a good basketball coach after what we went through the previous 15 years we would have done the same things.

Those of you mad about the fact that this is USC, would you still be mad if they paid him $2 mil before bonuses?

If Frank didn't even wait on his mandatory contract renegotiation with us after April 1, yes.

There is no language in the contract preventing an offer/negotiation before next Sunday.  Besides if he is dead set on leaving what good with a negotiation do if it didn't start with Currie handing in a resignation letter?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 23, 2012, 11:34:12 PM »
Even though we didn't get many 5/4 star recruits, I liked getting all the mentions, it made me feel important.

I just can't get excited about the mysterywestafricanthatgrewupplayingvolleyballbuthasalotofrawability and the Quentin Buchanans of the world  :cry:

Currie may have mumped this up to whatever degree but I don't think he's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) enough to go hire Wooly 2.0. JMO.
emaw

Offline MichiganisGood

• Maize and Blue'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 23, 2012, 11:34:26 PM »
If Martin can get South Carolina to a couple tourney's and maybe a sweet 16 he'd have his pick of KSU or slightly higher tier jobs.. It still doesn't make any sense to take a big step down like he is, to me that says your AD rough ridin' sucks.. Currie is getting off easy IMO, I'd be rioting in front of his house,  kidnap his dog or something..

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 23, 2012, 11:36:15 PM »
Would love a neg story example.  TIA

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 23, 2012, 11:36:47 PM »

Of course we did it for us, and having a program we wanted.  How does that change crap?  we showed the kind of support that there will never be at SC.  It benefited Frank to the tune of 6 figures that none of us (besides Beems) make every year. 

If Frank left for a better program, or more money, I'd reconsider.  But he isn't.  You and I both know SC isn't paying Frank 2 mill.

Limestone, you know full well that if he wins at USC they will support him.  Everything we think about USC was us before Huggins came to town.  We both sat through plenty of conference games with 5000 of our closest friends.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 23, 2012, 11:36:58 PM »
If Martin can get South Carolina to a couple tourney's and maybe a sweet 16 he'd have his pick of KSU or slightly higher tier jobs.. It still doesn't make any sense to take a big step down like he is, to me that says your AD rough ridin' sucks.. Currie is getting off easy IMO, I'd be rioting in front of his house,  kidnap his dog or something..

LOL.  Currie's dog would crap on your floor and declare your flat screen ineligible.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 23, 2012, 11:37:20 PM »

Currie may have mumped this up to whatever degree but I don't think he's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) enough to go hire Wooly 2.0. JMO.

'Cept that we might not be swimming in better options

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 23, 2012, 11:38:38 PM »

yes, would still be mad up to probably 2.5 million before bonuses, after that I could probably reason myself into thinking Frank left for more money

This
I'm purple down

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 23, 2012, 11:41:10 PM »

'Cept that we might not be swimming in better options

yeah. he doesn't get to just go to the coach store and buy a new coach. plus I'm just so sure that another coach would just love to come work for a guy that the previous coach hated so much that he left to take a lesser job just to get away from the guy. Jesus guys.

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 23, 2012, 11:42:14 PM »
currie will come out of this golden, his propaganda people have been doing amazing work

from what i heard tonight currie is already planting negative stories on Frank

Examples?

the story that there is this weird animation of him being pimpish and dancing and smiling like a goddam jerk, for starters:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 23, 2012, 11:42:33 PM »

Limestone, you know full well that if he wins at USC they will support him.  Everything we think about USC was us before Huggins came to town.  We both sat through plenty of conference games with 5000 of our closest friends.

You can't compare the 2 jobs at current levels.  There have been plenty of comparisons between the 2 programs in this thread.

If he leaves it is for spite over one guy.  ONE GUY.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: March 23, 2012, 11:42:57 PM »
Yeah, we will be fighting for coach scraps with Dr. Tom.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 23, 2012, 11:44:05 PM »
God my avatar has been spot on for the last 2 weeks  :gocho:
I'm purple down

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 23, 2012, 11:49:06 PM »
Oh cool, ku gets to play UNC down a man and we get to look for a new coach.  Seems fair.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 23, 2012, 11:51:20 PM »

I don't think they'll be able to after paying $3.4 million in buyouts to Horn and KSU.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 23, 2012, 11:53:52 PM »
It really sickens me what these two fools have done to our program and school.  Pettiness, spite and greed.  And we're the victims.

Currie and Frank are absolutely despicable.  Both of them, equally.

This a great school, proud basketball program, and tremendously loyal fans and good people that deserve far better than either of these two rough ridin' assholes.

All the support and energy and hard earned financial investment we've all poured in.  To see this.  It's truly disgusting.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 23, 2012, 11:56:16 PM »
It really sickens me what these two fools have done to our program and school.  Pettiness, spite and greed.  And we're the victims.

This a great school, proud basketball program, and tremendously loyal fans and good people that deserve far better than either of these two rough ridin' assholes.

All the support and energy and hard earned financial investment we've all poured in.  To see this.  It's truly disgusting.

As I said to GFA in another thread, I think it's fair to be disgusted with everyone in this mess.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 23, 2012, 11:56:43 PM »

Yep.  We always have those moments where we are reminded that KSU basketball is more important to us as fans than it is to the people involved, and it stings. 

Offline ksu101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 23, 2012, 11:57:35 PM »
CollegeSportsGuy ? @ NCAASportsGuy
Retweet
Favorite
· Open
# KStateMBB coach Frank Martin declines interview with So Carolina. Source says Martin "feels KSU is on verge of becoming elite program".

Retweet
Favorite
· Open
Official announcement pending re: Martin KSU contract. Martin's travel to NY is on KSU dime, agreement in principal in place. # KStateMBB

Close
Source indicating Kansas State's Martin to ink 10-yr $25 million deal with KSU. KSUAD Currie pressured by donors to act swiftly. # KStateMBB

lol who the eff is this guy?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 23, 2012, 11:59:35 PM »
The reality of this situation is even though we all think Currie and Frank are doing this in the name of "career advancement" they are both killing their chances at that big time job they both are now convinced they deserve.

If Frank goes to USC, he has to get to at least to 1 final 4 (and a few E8s) and has to win the confy if he wants to advance.  and it will never happen there.  It just won't because it NEVER HAS. 

and Currie ran off his most successful basketball coach who left for South Carolina.  A downgrade.  He is a horrible AD because he ran off his best men's basketball coach.

They are both stuck together for now unless one of them is dumb enough to go lateral, which is a death sentence in the business.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 24, 2012, 12:01:01 AM »
Retweet
Favorite
· Open
# KStateMBB coach Frank Martin declines interview with So Carolina. Source says Martin "feels KSU is on verge of becoming elite program".

Retweet
Favorite
· Open
Official announcement pending re: Martin KSU contract. Martin's travel to NY is on KSU dime, agreement in principal in place. # KStateMBB

Close
Source indicating Kansas State's Martin to ink 10-yr $25 million deal with KSU. KSUAD Currie pressured by donors to act swiftly. # KStateMBB

lol who the eff is this guy?

twitter sock