Author Topic: Frank watch 2012:  (Read 299366 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #925 on: March 23, 2012, 10:23:55 PM »
This seems pretty close to "don't worry"...

@darrenkent_42: Unreal game tonight for Kevin Love with his 51points 14 rebounds

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #926 on: March 23, 2012, 10:25:11 PM »

@darrenkent_42: Unreal game tonight for Kevin Love with his 51points 14 rebounds

lol
emaw

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 23, 2012, 10:26:11 PM »

Kent is the next head coach with Shawn Meyer starting.  :frown:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 23, 2012, 10:26:22 PM »
@jeff_burkhart: If Frank leaves, #KState nation will need to take a hard look at itself in the mirror

Can someone explain what this means? If Frank leaves, I need to look in the mirror?

1. Who the hell is Jeff Burkhart?

2. If Frank leaves I don't think the transfer situation will be as bad as you think.  We will be selective with releases as to not wreck the program and screw up the APR.  More often in these cases is the players will play for the new guy for a year and then leave after that if the player/coach relationship isn't good.

Whoever gets this team will have enough good pieces that they will be expected to make the tournament.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 23, 2012, 10:28:04 PM »
@jeff_burkhart: If Frank leaves, #KState nation will need to take a hard look at itself in the mirror

Can someone explain what this means? If Frank leaves, I need to look in the mirror?

2. If Frank leaves I don't think the transfer situation will be as bad as you think.  We will be selective with releases as to not wreck the program and screw up the APR.  More often in these cases is the players will play for the new guy for a year and then leave after that if the player/coach relationship isn't good.

Whoever gets this team will have enough good pieces that they will be expected to make the tournament.

I'm not sure those expectations are realistic. Our roster is built for Frank's system. We really need a "right fit" hire to have a lot of success year one.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: March 23, 2012, 10:29:05 PM »
@DS4ms: Wait Frank Martin left? Lol

:dubious:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 23, 2012, 10:29:26 PM »
@DS4ms: Wait Frank Martin left? Lol

:dubious:

:love:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 23, 2012, 10:30:13 PM »

Are you giving up on the "stay Frank" stance?

I, myself not speaking on behalf of the goEMAW Board, will be pretty pissed at Frank.  I have a "Pay Frank" t-shirt sitting right in front of me as I type this and put my rough ridin' money where my mouth is.  If he leaves for USC I will no longer be a fan of Frank because his "loyalty" bullshit will be proven to be just that....bullshit.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 23, 2012, 10:30:57 PM »

I'm not sure those expectations are realistic. Our roster is built for Frank's system. We really need a "right fit" hire to have a lot of success year one.

The two best returning players will be preseason 1st team all conference, and would start for every team in the conference.  There are no "system" players in basketball.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 23, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »

I, myself not speaking on behalf of the goEMAW Board, will be pretty pissed at Frank.  I have a "Pay Frank" t-shirt sitting right in front of me as I type this and put my rough ridin' money where my mouth is.  If he leaves for USC I will no longer be a fan of Frank because his "loyalty" bullshit will be proven to be just that....bullshit.

Yep.
emaw

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #935 on: March 23, 2012, 10:33:33 PM »
Any one beginning to think that someone in the AD is just pulling a prank on our entire fan base?
RIP Fatty

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 23, 2012, 10:35:25 PM »
You guys. People are going to go back to only caring about football.  :frown:

Basketball School!   :angry:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 23, 2012, 10:35:38 PM »
Any one beginning to think that someone in the AD is just pulling a prank on our entire fan base?

Would be way more elaborate than the goEMAW April Fool's day prank of 2010.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #938 on: March 23, 2012, 10:36:19 PM »
If Frank leaves, K-State needs to hire Chris Mack.

Would be an upgrade.  :surprised:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 23, 2012, 10:36:53 PM »

:lol:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 23, 2012, 10:38:33 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 23, 2012, 10:38:43 PM »

lol, no, never, just tired of putting qualifiers on every sentence.

I'm hesitant of addressing the people killing Frank for lack of loyalty because I can't tell if serious in most cases but:

Loyalty doesn't mean you are going to stay at a job for one place forever.  We all consider ourselves loyal, I'm sure most of us have had or will have more than one job, or best friend, or neighborhood, or significant other or whatever.  Loyalty doesn't mean you have to sacrifice happiness, or security, or anything else out of loyalty.  Generally doing something out of loyalty only is a terrible idea.  This is all common sense and most of you realize this and that's why I'm fairly certain this loyalty talking point is just "message boardin."

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #942 on: March 23, 2012, 10:39:38 PM »

you laughing with me or at me?

mack attack is great.  :frown:

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 23, 2012, 10:41:09 PM »

lol, no, never, just tired of putting qualifiers on every sentence.

I'm hesitant of addressing the people killing Frank for lack of loyalty because I can't tell if serious in most cases but:

Loyalty doesn't mean you are going to stay at a job for one place forever.  We all consider ourselves loyal, I'm sure most of us have had or will have more than one job, or best friend, or neighborhood, or significant other or whatever.  Loyalty doesn't mean you have to sacrifice happiness, or security, or anything else out of loyalty.  Generally doing something out of loyalty only is a terrible idea.  This is all common sense and most of you realize this and that's why I'm fairly certain this loyalty talking point is just "message boardin."
the sad truth is Frank can't crush Currie like a Dove, the Animal won't/can't have it happen.  His options other than leaving are slim

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 23, 2012, 10:42:04 PM »

you laughing with me or at me?

mack attack is great.  :frown:

chris mack is too good for us. :frown:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: March 23, 2012, 10:42:12 PM »
jj barea had a triple double 2nite
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #946 on: March 23, 2012, 10:43:38 PM »
chris mack is too good for us. :frown:

oh, phew. thought you hated him.

it seemed impossible, but thank goodness you don't.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 23, 2012, 10:46:03 PM »

Durante and Westbrook both had 40+

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 23, 2012, 10:46:38 PM »

LOL

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 23, 2012, 10:46:43 PM »
South Carolina had a law on the books that wouldn't have allowed Frank to marry as recent as 1998. LMFAO if Frank actually moves there.