Author Topic: Frank watch 2012:  (Read 302973 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #950 on: March 23, 2012, 10:54:13 PM »
@jeff_burkhart: If Frank leaves, #KState nation will need to take a hard look at itself in the mirror

Can someone explain what this means? If Frank leaves, I need to look in the mirror?

1. Who the hell is Jeff Burkhart?

2. If Frank leaves I don't think the transfer situation will be as bad as you think.  We will be selective with releases as to not wreck the program and screw up the APR.  More often in these cases is the players will play for the new guy for a year and then leave after that if the player/coach relationship isn't good.

Whoever gets this team will have enough good pieces that they will be expected to make the tournament.

Are you giving up on the "stay Frank" stance?

I, myself not speaking on behalf of the goEMAW Board, will be pretty pissed at Frank.  I have a "Pay Frank" t-shirt sitting right in front of me as I type this and put my rough ridin' money where my mouth is.  If he leaves for USC I will no longer be a fan of Frank because his "loyalty" bullshit will be proven to be just that....bullshit.

lol, no, never, just tired of putting qualifiers on every sentence.

I'm hesitant of addressing the people killing Frank for lack of loyalty because I can't tell if serious in most cases but:

Loyalty doesn't mean you are going to stay at a job for one place forever.  We all consider ourselves loyal, I'm sure most of us have had or will have more than one job, or best friend, or neighborhood, or significant other or whatever.  Loyalty doesn't mean you have to sacrifice happiness, or security, or anything else out of loyalty.  Generally doing something out of loyalty only is a terrible idea.  This is all common sense and most of you realize this and that's why I'm fairly certain this loyalty talking point is just "message boardin."

Staying at KSU versus SCU isn't a sacrifice in any respect.  KSU is a better job, with equal pay, better talent, better fan support, better facilities, better future prospects, his recruits and his stamp.  The "intangibles" aren't even close to equal.

This board, and myself, spent considerable time, effort and $$ in making sure Frank got a raise to be compensated at the level he deserved.  Were we the main reason?  Probably not but we put ourselves out there and definitely put our money where our mouths were.  To leave for a demotion because he has a bitch with 1 guy isn't loyalty. 

I wouldn't take a demotion or even a lateral from my job to spite 1 boss I hate.  Especially if I told my employees all about loyalty.

That's just mean/ignorant.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 23, 2012, 10:56:53 PM »
MIR, you're rebuttal?  :users:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 23, 2012, 11:00:33 PM »

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 23, 2012, 11:01:26 PM »
eff. I skip out on this thread for 1 day and all this crap goes down. Its like confy armageddon all over again, my heart just can't take all these swirling rumors. Please Frank, don't leave us. If you do I will hate you forever, just like Huggins.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 23, 2012, 11:03:52 PM »
I think frank is being more of a "be a man" hypocrite than a "be loyal" hypocrite. He's acting like a rough ridin' child.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #955 on: March 23, 2012, 11:05:14 PM »
I think frank is being more of a "be a man" hypocrite than a "be loyal" hypocrite. He's acting like a rough ridin' child.

You always win me over in the end.

However, Currie needs to be smart enough to realize, "Losing basketball coach to South Carolina," will look horrible on his resume.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 23, 2012, 11:06:01 PM »

I agree. In Frank's crybaby mind, he probably thinks he is being loyal to Jamar right now.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 23, 2012, 11:07:17 PM »

Yeah he hasn't talked about loyalty nearly as much as he's given us speech after speech about what it is to be a man and how he teaches that. Right now he's basically Nick Russell or Ron Anderson and Currie is Frank.
emaw

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 23, 2012, 11:08:16 PM »

I could find at least 3 "I am all about loyalty" quotes from Frank from this season alone if I weren't so damn lazy.  I know he preached it a lot this year.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 23, 2012, 11:09:30 PM »
If Frank had left for Miami, I could deal with that, it's home and I understand
If Frank left for a better job, I could deal with that, it's a promotion and I understand
But to leave for a down grade after all the work he's put in and basically start from nothing, it just doesn't make sense, which is probably why it will happen.

I'm purple down

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: March 23, 2012, 11:13:30 PM »
If Frank left for a better job, I could deal with that, it's a promotion and I understand
But to leave for a down grade after all the work he's put in and basically start from nothing, it just doesn't make sense, which is probably why it will happen.

Frank making an irrational decision based on pure emotion?

Surely, you jest.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 23, 2012, 11:16:02 PM »

Don't really have a rebuttal, I don't know what that man is going through at work, nor do I know what his tolerance threshold is.  I don't feel like watching lots of basketball and reading message boards qualifies me to know whether the man is a coward, hypocrite, pussy, etc. that's what message boards are for I guess and that's okay I suppose.

I'm sure we've all made decisions in our lives that people could externally second guess, it really doesn't mean anything.  If he does leave I'll be grateful for the 5 years we had and hope the next 5 will be better.  I won't even be mad at Currie unless it is confirmed that he's a liar like Fitz is hinting at.

also if you put your signature between we will actually be able to see it.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 23, 2012, 11:17:14 PM »
This for sure

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 23, 2012, 11:17:29 PM »

The 18-40 year old fanbase of KSU galvanized behind him and supported him regardless.  We went, we got loud, we invented the OOD and FTB (well, one guy did but still) and we pressured Currie to make sure he got paid.  we also pushed for the practice facility.  To take a lateral (at best) move because he has a beef with his boss means he is a dick.  straight up dick.  It means what we did is worth jack crap in his eyes.  I would take it as a personal insult.

I don't care of Currie is to blame for making poor Frank mad.   GET. OVER. IT.

Don't run away to SC because I can guarantee, it will be the last stop on the coaching "ladder"

No one will touch him after this unless he takes SC to a FF.  Which wont happen.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 23, 2012, 11:19:38 PM »

Don't really have a rebuttal, I don't know what that man is going through at work, nor do I know what his tolerance threshold is.  I don't feel like watching lots of basketball and reading message boards qualifies me to know whether the man is a coward, hypocrite, pussy, etc. that's what message boards are for I guess and that's okay I suppose.

I'm sure we've all made decisions in our lives that people could externally second guess, it really doesn't mean anything.  If he does leave I'll be grateful for the 5 years we had and hope the next 5 will be better.  I won't even be mad at Currie unless it is confirmed that he's a liar like Fitz is hinting at.

also if you put your signature between we will actually be able to see it.

I guess I'd be mad at Currie because of how badly the relationship deteriorated.  If Frank just hated him from Day 1 for no rational reason, okay, I'm not mad at Currie, but I doubt that was the case.

Any AD that loses a basketball coach to what is universally considered a lesser job obviously screwed something up pretty badly.  And you can't really get away with that in either of the two major sports because of the overall impact it can have on your department.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 23, 2012, 11:21:05 PM »
Honest question: If Frank takes the SC job, should Katz be fired?

I mean, really, what agent would okay that move?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 23, 2012, 11:21:47 PM »

If it's what Frank really wants, who is Katz to say no?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 23, 2012, 11:22:09 PM »
Obviously I'm a new poster so I don't know all of this insidery info, but why would Frank hate Currie? Currie handed him his extension that made him cry and has brought in a ton of money from the alums to help build the BTF. Why does Frank hate Currie?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 23, 2012, 11:23:15 PM »
I hope we don't have a repeat of the post Huggins leaving presser

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 23, 2012, 11:23:52 PM »

Where does a coach go from South Carolina of they don't go to multiple E8's and at least one final four?  Nowhere.  Ever.

Evereverever.  Am I wrong?  What am I misreading here?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 23, 2012, 11:24:18 PM »

The 18-40 year old fanbase of KSU galvanized behind him and supported him regardless.  We went, we got loud, we invented the OOD and FTB (well, one guy did but still) and we pressured Currie to make sure he got paid.  we also pushed for the practice facility.  To take a lateral (at best) move because he has a beef with his boss means he is a dick.  straight up dick.  It means what we did is worth jack crap in his eyes.  I would take it as a personal insult.

Don't run away to SC because I can guarantee, it will be the last stop on the coaching "ladder"

No one will touch him after this unless he takes SC to a FF.  Which wont happen.

We didn't do that stuff for Frank, we did it for us.  If BTK was a good basketball coach after what we went through the previous 15 years we would have done the same things.

Those of you mad about the fact that this is USC, would you still be mad if they paid him $2 mil before bonuses?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 23, 2012, 11:25:57 PM »

:confused: is that a joke?

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 23, 2012, 11:26:06 PM »
currie will come out of this golden, his propaganda people have been doing amazing work

from what i heard tonight currie is already planting negative stories on Frank

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 23, 2012, 11:26:34 PM »

We didn't do that stuff for Frank, we did it for us.  If BTK was a good basketball coach after what we went through the previous 15 years we would have done the same things.

Those of you mad about the fact that this is USC, would you still be mad if they paid him $2 mil before bonuses?

If Frank didn't even wait on his mandatory contract renegotiation with us after April 1, yes.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 23, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »

If it's what Frank really wants, who is Katz to say no?

A good realtor would tell you not to buy a garbage house to just make some commission because they realize that they may get repeat business from you later if they did a good job.

Limestone is right; if Martin takes that job, he better go deep in the tournament multiple times or else he's a lifer there.

And if Frank gets upset with our attendance here, he'll be beside himself there.