Author Topic: Frank watch 2012:  (Read 302859 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #525 on: March 23, 2012, 12:58:48 PM »

I disagree with the premise that a coach who has done what frank has done in the last 5 yrs still owes anything to the uni that gave him his start if the uni isn't compensating at fair market value. 

Frank demanded money.  We paid him 1.5.  he cried.  he finished 4th, 5th in Conference - 1st round conference tourney losses - 2nd round NCAA tourney losses - poor recruiting. 

Let's pay the eff out him.  He's "earned" it since 2010.   

Guaranteed money matters at this point. Its nice to throw around the numbers that Frank makes after incentives, but that will not be what Katz/Frank use as comparisons when they get to the negotiation table.

Also, I read some more of the contract and Frank's buyout right now is $1 Mil. It drops to half of that after April 15th.

so if currie can run frank off before april 15th he makes an extra 1.0 for the athletic dept. good to know.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 23, 2012, 12:59:27 PM »
so if currie can run frank off before april 15th he makes an extra 1.0 for the athletic dept. good to know.

An extra $500K. But yeah.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 23, 2012, 12:59:47 PM »

Guaranteed money matters at this point. Its nice to throw around the numbers that Frank makes after incentives, but that will not be what Katz/Frank use as comparisons when they get to the negotiation table.

Also, I read some more of the contract and Frank's buyout right now is $1 Mil. It drops to half of that after April 15th.

Money has nothing to do with this. 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 23, 2012, 01:00:30 PM »
#teampearl

just imagine the nonsense....he would probably slap deb on the ass and call her "old girl" and stuff.   :lol:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #529 on: March 23, 2012, 01:02:24 PM »
The latest from a buddy of mine who works in the South Carolina athletic department

third party talks have begun with Martin.. According to people on our end, if offered the position Frank will be our next coach

:actuallygettingnervousnow:

does your buddy also listen to petro's show?  b/c that's what the dude from some rivals SC site said at 10:00 am.

The dude from the rivals SC site must have talked to my buddy
:gocho:
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 23, 2012, 01:04:10 PM »
Frank's not going to quit without a job somewhere else.  Add to that the fact that nobody wants Frank and you have a serious prediciment for our old buddy John Currie.  Do you fire him?  You have to consider it don't you?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 23, 2012, 01:05:38 PM »
SD do that "pew, pew" thing again!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 23, 2012, 01:05:58 PM »
This is a fan site and is NOT affiliated with the SEC. For stats, standings, tv schedules and more, please visit secsports.com   HomeRecruitingMrSEC.com ShopRSS FeedsAbout Us & Contact UsKSU’s Martin Still Being Mentioned In Connection With The USC Job
March 23rd, 2012 10:48 AM? Posted By: John Pennington ? Permalink ? Tags: South Carolina

Send This Story To A Friend
Though the folks in Kansas don’t seem to be taking this one too seriously, people in the Palmetto State are still saying Kansas State’s Frank Martin might just wind up coaching in Columbia next season.

Three days ago, GamecockCentral.com — the Rivals site covering Carolina — reported that K-State’s coach had “heavy” interest in the job vacated by Darrin Horn’s ouster.  The Kansas City media shrugged it off.

Wednesday, the same site reported that there had been contact between Martin and AD Eric Hyman and that “Martin is more than willing to come to Columbia.”

Today, there’s more speculation that Martin — who’ll be helping to cover the NCAA Tournament for CBS this weekend — could be high on Hyman’s list of candidates.  This writer says “Frank Martin apparently is a possibility.”

Meanwhile WSPA-TV in Spartanburg reports that Martin and Minnesota’s Tubby Smith “are primary targets in USC’s head basketball coaching search, according to the South Carolina News Network.” 

If Carolina lands Martin, you can color us surprised.  Martin is coaching in a basketball hotbed right now and making more than $1.5 million per season.  That deal runs through 2014-15, but he’s also in line — through contract stipulations — for an extension.

South Carolina’s job has been a Bermuda Triangle for coaches.  The SEC is about to become a 14-team league (read: harder to win) while the Big 12 has now become a 10-team conference (read: easier to win).  At Kansas State, there’s the shadow of Kansas to live under.  At Carolina, Kentucky and Florida are the big dogs.

Add it up and it would probably take a hefty bag of cash — maybe even a Hefty Bag of cash — to lure Martin to Columbia.  That or Martin could be hacked off enough at his current school’s decision to suspend a key player for an NCAA tourney game that he’s willing to bolt for any school making an offer.  We think that’s doubtful, but we don’t claim to know what goes on behind closed doors in Manhattan, Kansas.

Taking everything into consideration, we’re not saying Martin to Carolina couldn’t happen, but if it does you’ll know that USC’s Hyman will have done some seriously heavy lifting.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 23, 2012, 01:06:19 PM »
Anyone who thinks that "money has nothing to do with this" is wrong.  Money has to do with everything, especially college coaching.  I'd be willing to bet that a nice pay raise would soothe Frank's Red Ass quite nicely.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 23, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »
This is a fan site and is NOT affiliated with the SEC. For stats, standings, tv schedules and more, please visit secsports.com   HomeRecruitingMrSEC.com ShopRSS FeedsAbout Us & Contact UsKSU’s Martin Still Being Mentioned In Connection With The USC Job
March 23rd, 2012 10:48 AM? Posted By: John Pennington ? Permalink ? Tags: South Carolina

Send This Story To A Friend
Though the folks in Kansas don’t seem to be taking this one too seriously, people in the Palmetto State are still saying Kansas State’s Frank Martin might just wind up coaching in Columbia next season.

Three days ago, GamecockCentral.com — the Rivals site covering Carolina — reported that K-State’s coach had “heavy” interest in the job vacated by Darrin Horn’s ouster.  The Kansas City media shrugged it off.

Wednesday, the same site reported that there had been contact between Martin and AD Eric Hyman and that “Martin is more than willing to come to Columbia.”

Today, there’s more speculation that Martin — who’ll be helping to cover the NCAA Tournament for CBS this weekend — could be high on Hyman’s list of candidates.  This writer says “Frank Martin apparently is a possibility.”

Meanwhile WSPA-TV in Spartanburg reports that Martin and Minnesota’s Tubby Smith “are primary targets in USC’s head basketball coaching search, according to the South Carolina News Network.” 

If Carolina lands Martin, you can color us surprised.  Martin is coaching in a basketball hotbed right now and making more than $1.5 million per season.  That deal runs through 2014-15, but he’s also in line — through contract stipulations — for an extension.

South Carolina’s job has been a Bermuda Triangle for coaches.  The SEC is about to become a 14-team league (read: harder to win) while the Big 12 has now become a 10-team conference (read: easier to win).  At Kansas State, there’s the shadow of Kansas to live under.  At Carolina, Kentucky and Florida are the big dogs.

Add it up and it would probably take a hefty bag of cash — maybe even a Hefty Bag of cash — to lure Martin to Columbia.  That or Martin could be hacked off enough at his current school’s decision to suspend a key player for an NCAA tourney game that he’s willing to bolt for any school making an offer.  We think that’s doubtful, but we don’t claim to know what goes on behind closed doors in Manhattan, Kansas.

Taking everything into consideration, we’re not saying Martin to Carolina couldn’t happen, but if it does you’ll know that USC’s Hyman will have done some seriously heavy lifting.

It's Frank!

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 23, 2012, 01:09:04 PM »

:lol:

texas tech could win the sec

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 23, 2012, 01:10:11 PM »
quick thought re:frank money.

dalonte was paid a lot at the beginning and that no doubt had an effect on how much we could/would pay frank. dalonte kept making the same amount of money when/after frank got his new contract. the fact that he isn't here anymore automatically frees up 300k guaranteed money for frank. add another 300k, apologize for not knowing everything about your job and stress that you want to help and not hurt and then lets call it a day.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 23, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »
#stillnotworried
emaw

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 23, 2012, 01:11:20 PM »
Frank deserves to be firmly in the top 4 paid big 12 coaches.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 23, 2012, 01:14:11 PM »

nobody else wants him, why should we pay him any more than we already do.  during round one of the contract renegotiations Currie should slide a xerox'd photo of his ass across the table to Frank and ask him what his counter demand is. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: March 23, 2012, 01:16:11 PM »
Frank's not going to quit without a job somewhere else.  Add to that the fact that nobody wants Frank and you have a serious prediciment for our old buddy John Currie.  Do you fire him?  You have to consider it don't you?

John is best buds with the NCAA, so he would know whether or not Pearl can get reinstated. If the NCAA says yes, Currie tells Frank to not let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya and have fun in the Topeka of the south (if they want you, lmao).

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 23, 2012, 01:16:50 PM »
blah, blah, blah, money, money, blah, contract, bonus, money, blah.

jfc, you dumbasses, this has absolutely nothing to do with money.  it doesn't even have anything to do with samuels.  this is purely about blind hatred.  nothing more, nothing less.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 23, 2012, 01:18:21 PM »

nobody else wants him, why should we pay him any more than we already do.  during round one of the contract renegotiations Currie should slide a xerox'd photo of his ass across the table to Frank and ask him what his counter demand is.

If I were Currie, I'd slide him a picture of oscar Pearl in some board shorts partying like an Ace.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 23, 2012, 01:18:32 PM »
blah, blah, blah, money, money, blah, contract, bonus, money, blah.

jfc, you dumbasses, this has absolutely nothing to do with money.  it doesn't even have anything to do with samuels.  this is purely about blind hatred.  nothing more, nothing less.

If money wasn't a factor, Frank would have left a long time ago.

Dumbass.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 23, 2012, 01:19:40 PM »

If I were Currie, I'd slide him a picture of oscar Pearl in some board shorts partying like an Ace.

Can you imagine a party with oscar and bsac? My God.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 23, 2012, 01:22:41 PM »
If Martin were offered 1.8-2mil and left to take 1.8-2mil at SoCa...

are people #teamCurrie or #Frank?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 23, 2012, 01:23:33 PM »
Scene: 
-A redass Frank and Katz sit alone in a conference room at a table.  The meeting time came and went 16 minutes ago.  Suddenly the door flys open and a drunk John Currie stumbles in laughing. 

Currie:  Sorry I'm late guys, lunch ran a bit drunkIMEANlong.

-Frank stands up in a rage but before the first word comes out of his mouth a hand grabs the door that is closing and oscar Pearl wobbles in and takes a seat next to John Currie.  Frank is dumbfounded and stands there like a rough ridin' idiot with his finger still pointed at Currie. 

Currie:  You guys know oscar, right?  He's agreed to act as an advisor in our contract talks.  I hope you don't mind. 

-Currie and oscar high five and laugh as the scene star wipes to black

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 23, 2012, 01:24:18 PM »

Can you imagine a party with oscar and bsac? My God.

BSAC has personally told me he'd let BP drive "Closing Argument" any time, no matter how many beers he had drank.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 23, 2012, 01:25:49 PM »
Scene: 
-A redass Frank and Katz sit alone in a conference room at a table.  The meeting time came and went 16 minutes ago.  Suddenly the door flys open and a drunk John Currie stumbles in laughing. 

-Frank stands up in a rage but before the first word comes out of his mouth a hand grabs the door that is closing and oscar Pearl wobbles in and takes a seat next to John Currie.  Frank is dumbfounded and stands there like a rough ridin' idiot with his finger still pointed at Currie. 

Currie:  You guys know oscar, right?  He's agreed to act as an advisor in our contract talks.  I hope you don't mind. 

-Currie and oscar high five and laugh as the scene fades to black

You need to include that both oscar and Currie have sunglasses with croakies.

Offline PurpleSleezyE

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 23, 2012, 01:25:54 PM »
Scene: 

-Currie and oscar high five and laugh as the scene star wipes to black

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: