Author Topic: Frank watch 2012:  (Read 302847 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #500 on: March 23, 2012, 12:32:05 PM »
guys,

currie couldn't figure out a way around the jamar situation. you honest to god think that he is going to be the first one to give pearl another shot? jesus christ.  :flush:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 23, 2012, 12:32:32 PM »
i'm with sd. if i'm currie and i'm not kidding in the slightest then i go to frank right now and ask him what his frustrations are and how could i as an athletic director do a better job in trying to help him. i'd ask for input and insight and let him know that i, like him am new to the job that i have. i'd tell him that i'm learning as i go just as he is. mistakes were made blah, blah blah. then i'd let him vent. then get to the contract stuff. unless it's beyond that in which case we're screwed.

Agree with all that, just seems reasonable for both sides.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 23, 2012, 12:32:46 PM »
I wonder if Frank has ever considered crushing Currie like a dove?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #503 on: March 23, 2012, 12:33:21 PM »
I'm going to stick with guaranteed money as a key here for Frank and Katz. When you look at $1.3 mil it looks pretty small timey. And when you have to add a bunch of incentives it sounds like a guy who hasn't proven he can coach. I'm sure Frank takes offense to both, seriously.

EVERYONE gets incentives like Frank got. $2.0 OR BUST

I don't think money has crap to do with it anymore.......psyche, it so does. 

no, but it can help. money = respect

i'm with sd. if i'm currie and i'm not kidding in the slightest then i go to frank right now and ask him what his frustrations are and how could i as an athletic director do a better job in trying to help him. i'd ask for input and insight and let him know that i, like him am new to the job that i have. i'd tell him that i'm learning as i go just as he is. mistakes were made blah, blah blah. then i'd let him vent. then get to the contract stuff. unless it's beyond that in which case we're screwed.

Well yeah. That's what I would do too, because I am a grown up. But he can't do everything you said and not offer a fat raise.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 23, 2012, 12:34:36 PM »
I'd just fire his ass and hire someone else.  nobody wants frank so we are going to have to pull the trigger ourselves. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 23, 2012, 12:34:54 PM »
Bump to $1.75 and then have a built in increase every year, $1.75, $1.9, $2.05.

But I am with Wabash, this really isn't about the money. 

And yeah, I think the excitement of K-State and oscar Pearl in front of the NCAA telling them that oscar has learned his listen and will never ever ever ever ever do anything bad again would make for some fantastic BBS'ing.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 23, 2012, 12:35:53 PM »
still #teamfrank

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #507 on: March 23, 2012, 12:36:25 PM »
I'm going to stick with guaranteed money as a key here for Frank and Katz. When you look at $1.3 mil it looks pretty small timey. And when you have to add a bunch of incentives it sounds like a guy who hasn't proven he can coach. I'm sure Frank takes offense to both, seriously.

EVERYONE gets incentives like Frank got. $2.0 OR BUST

I don't think money has crap to do with it anymore.......psyche, it so does. 

no, but it can help. money = respect

Well yeah. That's what I would do too, because I am a grown up. But he can't do everything you said and not offer a fat raise.

yes but i don't think the contract renogotiations are able to start until april 1st per contract or whatever. something has to be done now. and something has to be done before the contract renogotiations happen assuming we even get there.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 23, 2012, 12:37:34 PM »
What is the Pearl situation like? How much time on his show cause?  What about Sampson?  People in KS love denim shirts.

Sampson?  lol, no.  I think Sampson has a year or 2 left on his show cause as well.  When did he get whacked from Indiana, back in 2008?  Besides, purple denim.....just can't get into that.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 23, 2012, 12:38:07 PM »
Contract renegotiations can start whenever they want as long as both parties are on board with doing such.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: March 23, 2012, 12:38:58 PM »
Pffft. There's no way in hell Currie touches Pearl (or Sampson) with a 10-foot pole. After watching the Jamar situation unfold, why would anyone even throw these names out there? Stop getting yourselves excited, people, unless you think Currie's on his way out the door right after Frank.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 23, 2012, 12:41:30 PM »
Pffft. There's no way in hell Currie touches Pearl (or Sampson) with a 10-foot pole. After watching the Jamar situation unfold, why would anyone even throw these names out there? Stop getting yourselves excited, people, unless you think Currie's on his way out the door right after Frank.

This is where the fire currie bus starts getting warmed up.  The last thing we need is a self righteous ethical guy running the show.  Not saying this is the case, but it would easily prove itself out under a fire then hire scenario given the right timing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 23, 2012, 12:41:42 PM »
Currie's on his way out the door right after Frank.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 23, 2012, 12:43:18 PM »
Yes, I think Currie would take Pearl.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 23, 2012, 12:46:56 PM »

How does this play out after the last week? Specifically, how does he sell it to the tucks who think Jamar got off easy?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 23, 2012, 12:48:20 PM »
yes but i don't think the contract renogotiations are able to start until april 1st per contract or whatever. something has to be done now. and something has to be done before the contract renogotiations happen assuming we even get there.

Yeah, this is part of the contract. Frank met one of the conditions for this to happen by finishing tied for 3rd last season.

The negotiation period is April 1st through May 31st.

If an agreement for a "modification, extension, or revised agreement" is not met, Frank's buyout becomes $500K until May of 2014.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 23, 2012, 12:48:37 PM »

I disagree with the premise that a coach who has done what frank has done in the last 5 yrs still owes anything to the uni that gave him his start if the uni isn't compensating at fair market value. 

Frank demanded money.  We paid him 1.5.  he cried.  he finished 4th, 5th in Conference - 1st round conference tourney losses - 2nd round NCAA tourney losses - poor recruiting. 

Let's pay the eff out him.  He's "earned" it since 2010.   

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 23, 2012, 12:50:22 PM »

How does this play out after the last week? Specifically, how does he sell it to the tucks who think Jamar got off easy?

The Jamar situation shows the NCAA that Pearl would be working alongside a very vigilant compliance staff. This shows tucks that Currie won't let Pearl get away with the crap he pulled at Tennessee.  It's actually the perfect setup for Pearl to return to coaching.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 23, 2012, 12:50:38 PM »

I disagree with the premise that a coach who has done what frank has done in the last 5 yrs still owes anything to the uni that gave him his start if the uni isn't compensating at fair market value. 

Frank demanded money.  We paid him 1.5.  he cried.  he finished 4th, 5th in Conference - 1st round conference tourney losses - 2nd round NCAA tourney losses - poor recruiting. 

Lesser coaches would not come here for the same money and Frank could get more elsewhere.  That should concern you more than anything frank has not accomplished in the last two years.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 23, 2012, 12:52:14 PM »

You aren't good at this Belvis.

#TeamFrank

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 23, 2012, 12:53:19 PM »

The Jamar situation shows the NCAA that Pearl would be working alongside a very vigilant compliance staff. This shows tucks that Currie won't let Pearl get away with the crap he pulled at Tennessee.  It's actually the perfect setup for Pearl to return to coaching.

fantastic point rus :thumbs:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 23, 2012, 12:53:29 PM »

Guaranteed money matters at this point. Its nice to throw around the numbers that Frank makes after incentives, but that will not be what Katz/Frank use as comparisons when they get to the negotiation table.

Also, I read some more of the contract and Frank's buyout right now is $1 Mil. It drops to half of that after April 15th.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 23, 2012, 12:54:22 PM »

Okay, sounds good to me. I retract my statement about no chance of Pearl with Currie.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 23, 2012, 12:56:26 PM »
chances Currie is a genius that has set this entire thing up to get Pearl and then commence cheating our fucks off and winning games like pew pew pew everywhere we look?  60%?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 23, 2012, 12:56:53 PM »

Guaranteed money matters at this point. Its nice to throw around the numbers that Frank makes after incentives, but that will not be what Katz/Frank use as comparisons when they get to the negotiation table.

Also, I read some more of the contract and Frank's buyout right now is $1 Mil. It drops to half of that after April 15th.

Going to be a long 3 weeks  :frown: