Author Topic: You better have some rough ridin' answers, Currie.  (Read 119184 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: You better have some rough ridin' answers, Currie.
« Reply #925 on: March 20, 2012, 09:47:53 PM »
TY Rusty.  Your analogy wins until daris puts together a rap masterpiece

it would probably involve Malone hanging currie upside down over the balcony of a hotel room.

No, denied.  That's reserved for RP & Scott Frost stories.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 20, 2012, 10:03:05 PM »
hey, rusty.  here's how humans play the game of being a human:  you help your friends and you eff your enemies.

you can go back to your nerd table and take that apart and put it back together again until you understand martin and the rest of our species.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 20, 2012, 10:12:17 PM »
I went back and edited my post.  It took me a while to figure out what the hell you idiots were talking about.  Maybe it wasn't the best wording, but did you all actually think I was saying that Dax, Trim and me had some sort of master argument that we were championing?  I mean where the eff would that have come from?  Especially you, Trim.  I don't speak for you?  no crap  :facepalm:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 20, 2012, 10:13:54 PM »
I'm tired of all this, if Currie costs us the first coach to put together five 22 win seasons ever then eff Currie.  A winning basketball coach is goddam hard to find and even harder to keep.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 20, 2012, 10:28:52 PM »

yes frank could have acted differently and acted like he supported currie. he could also have acted like he loved and supported a player that gave four hard, hard years to him and had all of those years taken from him at the last second.

much thanks to cc with some bits and pieces but he's no different from anybody here and types with a bias. there was quite a bit of opinion sprinkled in as well imo and not enough fact/timeline for me to really be sure about what i think. take it all with a grain of salt.

i don't think frank's comments make him sound whiny and bitter at all. weird that you do.

it's possible to like frank and currie and not like everything about each of them and openly talk about what you don't like. currie handled this and the aftermath poorly imo. it's ok to say that.

did you really have to talk to a "mutual friend" to decide there was a "rift". lol.

of course frank is partly to blame.

i thought frank handled it fine.

why would people not take frank's side. we at least know his. currie has not given his or even spoke about the situation. if he can't speak about then he should say so. everybody is just speculating and him putting his head in the sand doesn't help. i mean jesus christ. it seems like your whole opinion on the subject is based on what "captain crap" said on the goEMAW.com message board. again, i love cc but how rough ridin' weird of you is that? i mean jesus.

he has done some great things. not everybody hates him for interviewing other places. i'd say most don't. i don't.

why wouldn't we swing from frank's nuts? he's taken us to the tournament four out of five years with an elite 8 appearance. that's not weird. we are kansas state fans and i'm assuming most of us would rather win games then lose them.

yes. rusty has been great. i disagree w/ a lot of what he is saying but he's great. just an fyi though...if the whole thread was reversed then what he typed also would've been reversed. he's a contrarian. it's what he does and he's amazing at it.

Most of that is your opinion, which differs from mine, which is fine.  IMO we still don't have enough facts for anybody to be taking a hardline stance one way or the other.  I tend to believe CC because he confirmed what I suspected from the beginning. It's really not that weird at all. Just like if he would've confirmed your initial reaction you would've PI'd the eff out of anybody that questioned him.  You know you would. 
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: March 20, 2012, 10:30:17 PM »
words

Stop making strawman arguments.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 20, 2012, 10:37:20 PM »

yes frank could have acted differently and acted like he supported currie. he could also have acted like he loved and supported a player that gave four hard, hard years to him and had all of those years taken from him at the last second.

much thanks to cc with some bits and pieces but he's no different from anybody here and types with a bias. there was quite a bit of opinion sprinkled in as well imo and not enough fact/timeline for me to really be sure about what i think. take it all with a grain of salt.

i don't think frank's comments make him sound whiny and bitter at all. weird that you do.

it's possible to like frank and currie and not like everything about each of them and openly talk about what you don't like. currie handled this and the aftermath poorly imo. it's ok to say that.

did you really have to talk to a "mutual friend" to decide there was a "rift". lol.

of course frank is partly to blame.

i thought frank handled it fine.

why would people not take frank's side. we at least know his. currie has not given his or even spoke about the situation. if he can't speak about then he should say so. everybody is just speculating and him putting his head in the sand doesn't help. i mean jesus christ. it seems like your whole opinion on the subject is based on what "captain crap" said on the goEMAW.com message board. again, i love cc but how rough ridin' weird of you is that? i mean jesus.

he has done some great things. not everybody hates him for interviewing other places. i'd say most don't. i don't.

why wouldn't we swing from frank's nuts? he's taken us to the tournament four out of five years with an elite 8 appearance. that's not weird. we are kansas state fans and i'm assuming most of us would rather win games then lose them.

yes. rusty has been great. i disagree w/ a lot of what he is saying but he's great. just an fyi though...if the whole thread was reversed then what he typed also would've been reversed. he's a contrarian. it's what he does and he's amazing at it.

Most of that is your opinion, which differs from mine, which is fine.  IMO we still don't have enough facts for anybody to be taking a hardline stance one way or the other.  I tend to believe CC because he confirmed what I suspected from the beginning. It's really not that weird at all. Just like if he would've confirmed your initial reaction you would've PI'd the eff out of anybody that questioned him.  You know you would.

the huge difference is that never in a million years would I have thought that cc would have agreed with anything that I've said in this thread.

but he still did kind of agree in a way with my main point which is and was that currie handled this poorly. It's the one thing that he said we had the right to question. him saying and doing what he did and then maintaining radio silence was wrong imo.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 20, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »
Agreed, we don't have all the facts. Everyone is taking Frank's side because he appears to be more of the victim here (besides Jamar, of course) and that's fair. In the case that we have to choose between Frank and Currie... This board is probably 80% more likely to keep Frank. Maybe I'm wrong...
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 20, 2012, 10:41:51 PM »
Agreed, we don't have all the facts. Everyone is taking Frank's side because he appears to be more of the victim here (besides Jamar, of course) and that's fair. In the case that we have to choose between Frank and Currie... This board is probably 80% more likely to keep Frank. Maybe I'm wrong...

most are taking frank's side because he has given his. most are not taking currie's because he has not.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 20, 2012, 10:43:39 PM »
i think we are taking martin's side because we are humans.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 20, 2012, 10:45:04 PM »

most are taking frank's side because he has given his. most are not taking currie's because he has not.

Currie gave just as insightful a statement as Frank, but everyone chooses to ignore it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 20, 2012, 10:45:54 PM »

what part of currie's side hasn't been given?  LOL, you guys are hilarious. 

ncaa:  he's ineligible
currie:  he's ineligible
currie:  are you sure he's ineligible?
ncaa: he's ineligible
news people to frank:  why did you bench jamar?
frank:  i don't know, you need to ask the ksu ad
goEMAW:  :flush:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 20, 2012, 10:46:06 PM »
And FWIW, I would drive Currie down to the old Kreem Kup and put him on the first greyhound bus out of town if it meant we could keep Frank.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 20, 2012, 10:47:03 PM »

Currie gave just as insightful a statement as Frank, but everyone chooses to ignore it.

frank gave as much as he could. he's not the boss. one voice, etc.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 20, 2012, 11:15:14 PM »
And FWIW, I would drive Currie down to the old Kreem Kup and put him on the first greyhound bus out of town if it meant we could keep Frank.

Kreem Kup.  Loved it dearly. 

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 20, 2012, 11:16:22 PM »

Finally, someone gets it.  It's just like Kony.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #941 on: March 20, 2012, 11:17:32 PM »

:surprised:  :surprised:  :surprised:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 20, 2012, 11:21:22 PM »

Finally, someone gets it.  It's just like Kony.

You took Kony's side?!?! :horrorsurprise:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 20, 2012, 11:31:16 PM »

:surprised:  :surprised:  :surprised:

Fire Currie for this and only this.
:adios:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 20, 2012, 11:41:44 PM »

oh crap!  when did currie say this? page 28?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: March 21, 2012, 09:03:17 AM »
Taking 200 bucks from a friend isnt cheating as bad as playing thugs that didnt graduate high school.

More importantly, beems shouldnt be allowed to use a fatty quote in his sig.

See what I mean?  Furthermore, is there any evidence that KU plays thugs that didn't graduate high school? 

Last but not least, fatty and I were friends, you white trash piece of sh*t.
its confirmed that Darrel Arthur did not complete the requirements for college admittance. The issue is that KU was able to manipulate the clearing house to get him through and insulate the university from punishment.

No it's not.  He didn't need that math class to graduate high school.  KU is completely in the clear.  You idiots never cease to amaze me.  Keep 'em coming. 

:popcorn:
wow you're a rough ridin' idiot with low reading comprehension. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 21, 2012, 09:08:37 AM »

oh crap!  when did currie say this? page 28?
I thought as MIR said that if a player is suspended by the NCAA they can't have contact with the team, ie be on the bench, am I wrong here?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 21, 2012, 10:24:54 AM »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
:adios:

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 21, 2012, 10:52:43 AM »
malone played everyone except dodd with the feed his family bullshit.  well done.