Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328735 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #3825 on: April 25, 2022, 10:17:59 AM »
that weekend weight gain is a bitch. gained six pounds between saturday morning and this morning, all because of eating out twice basically. i know it's just water but i don't like it!

Lately I've been working out 2x a day on Saturday and Sunday. Weekends have been supercharged weight loss for me. I'm gonna need to bust my ass Monday-Friday this week because I'm probably gonna put on a ton of weight at Brady's benefit this weekend.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: April 25, 2022, 10:18:47 AM »
Also, I'll come out and say I hate wiping down weights. covid theater at its worst.

Wiping down actual weights? lol, hell naw.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: April 25, 2022, 10:26:30 AM »
I know running becomes super pud once you get in a groove of doing it..

Run faster or farther

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: April 25, 2022, 10:49:33 AM »
I know running becomes super pud once you get in a groove of doing it.. That being said I ran 2 miles Saturday and Sunday and I freaking hated it. Muscles are tight too.

I just can't do it. I hate it more than any other workout I've ever done. I normally do my cardio via Peloton, but have been trying to do a bit of running and I just despise it.

I can play basketball for three hours and jogging a mile will destroy me. It's wild and I also hate it, even though I'm sure doing it more would make me hate it less.

I'm the exact same. It doesn't make any sense. Basketball or any other activity and I'm fine. I'm 2 minutes in to a quick jog and I feel like i'm going to die. I tried to break it a year back by forcing myself to do a mile several days a week and after a month, I just said eff it. It never got any better and I despised it every single day.

Yeah, IPAs are brutal. Lots of places have those TV screens near the bar that list what's on tap and many are now including the calories. Some of the IPAs have like 280 calories per pint!!! I almost hate seeing it up there, but it does make me think about it and order I nice pilsner or lager instead.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: April 25, 2022, 03:12:31 PM »
I know running becomes super pud once you get in a groove of doing it.. That being said I ran 2 miles Saturday and Sunday and I freaking hated it. Muscles are tight too.

I just can't do it. I hate it more than any other workout I've ever done. I normally do my cardio via Peloton, but have been trying to do a bit of running and I just despise it.

I can play basketball for three hours and jogging a mile will destroy me. It's wild and I also hate it, even though I'm sure doing it more would make me hate it less.

This rings true. I have hated running my entire life. Eventually got to the point where I would run 5K's on a treadmill regularly, but still hated it. But playing tennis for 3 hours? No problemo.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: April 25, 2022, 03:13:57 PM »

This rings true. I have hated running my entire life. Eventually got to the point where I would run 5K's on a treadmill regularly, but still hated it. But playing tennis for 3 hours? No problemo.

I prefer racquetball for my cardio but when I'm running I've found surrounding yourself with nice scenery helps take my mind off of how much it sucks.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: April 25, 2022, 03:19:11 PM »

I prefer racquetball for my cardio but when I'm running I've found surrounding yourself with nice scenery helps take my mind off of how much it sucks.

that's why cycling is my favorite. maximum scenery and minimum suck

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: May 04, 2022, 09:06:04 AM »
that weekend weight gain is a bitch. gained six pounds between saturday morning and this morning, all because of eating out twice basically. i know it's just water but i don't like it!

the fun inverse of this: i was 9 lbs lighter this morning than Sunday morning after three days of clean eating.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: May 06, 2022, 10:54:37 PM »
I’ve started running again. I did 4.5 miles on the treadmill tonight. If I don’t survive the night, I’ve enjoyed my time here IRL friends.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: May 07, 2022, 08:56:33 AM »
I spent a million dollars on jeans in February and now they are all falling off me. My weight doesn't really fluctuate that much and is always within about a 10lb range, but I've worked on leaning up a bit and apparently all that extra weight was in my man hips.  :sdeek:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: May 07, 2022, 09:06:46 AM »
I did a handstand pushup yesterday! On an abmat but still, I'd never really tried

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: May 07, 2022, 10:38:59 AM »
I’ve started running again. I did 4.5 miles on the treadmill tonight. If I don’t survive the night, I’ve enjoyed my time here IRL friends.
Is the weather shitty where you’re at? 4.5 miles on the dreadmill sounds awful. Also nice work mich, you learned to Kip those yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: May 07, 2022, 10:46:25 AM »
Is the weather shitty where you’re at? 4.5 miles on the dreadmill sounds awful. Also nice work mich, you learned to Kip those yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No like I just learned a strict one yesterday but I've seen it explained

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: May 09, 2022, 10:15:04 AM »
Saw some stupid "not an advertisement advertisement" article thing online the other day from Mens Health. Dude basically said to do pull-ups with your legs straight and feet slightly forward instead of bending at the knees with your feet behind you. I've never really even thought about it much and have always bent my knees and just tried to be as smooth as possible. Anywho, it didn't seem to make me do any less or more, but I really noticed it in my core/abs the next day. I was a little sore which made sense as it was a bit harder keeping my feet forward instead of behind. I'm sure i'll see something that says they should be behind you for some dumb reason, but i'll prob start doing them straight legged for a while.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: May 09, 2022, 11:08:13 AM »
Saw some stupid "not an advertisement advertisement" article thing online the other day from Mens Health. Dude basically said to do pull-ups with your legs straight and feet slightly forward instead of bending at the knees with your feet behind you. I've never really even thought about it much and have always bent my knees and just tried to be as smooth as possible. Anywho, it didn't seem to make me do any less or more, but I really noticed it in my core/abs the next day. I was a little sore which made sense as it was a bit harder keeping my feet forward instead of behind. I'm sure i'll see something that says they should be behind you for some dumb reason, but i'll prob start doing them straight legged for a while.
should try it now with a dumbbell held between your feet

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3840 on: May 13, 2022, 06:46:00 PM »
peloton rower incoming. I love my hydrow and was hoping peloton would just buy them.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: May 13, 2022, 07:15:03 PM »
peloton rower incoming. I love my hydrow and was hoping peloton would just buy them.

People think I’m crazy for doing 25 miles a week on a read mill, but that’s so much easily than the monotony of rowing for 20 minutes.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: May 13, 2022, 07:15:57 PM »

People think I’m crazy for doing 25 miles a week on a read mill, but that’s so much easily than the monotony of rowing for 20 minutes.

What does read flour taste like, anyway?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: May 13, 2022, 07:17:37 PM »

What does read flour taste like, anyway?

My typing on my phone has gotten so bad that now my autocorrect is messed up.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: May 13, 2022, 07:17:42 PM »

people also think you're crazy for doing 25 booze drinks on a flyday before the bun sets

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: May 18, 2022, 09:49:40 AM »
If I don't eat and and have caffeine that morning I usually get shaky/not feeling right. No way I could go three days not eating and still workout.
I lied.. just did this, kind of invigorating. drank 2 liters a day (plus additional water) of 1t of potassium chloride, 1t of himalayan salt, 1t baking soda, 1t epsom salt. About the only times I'm hungry are at night when I'm not doing anything.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: May 18, 2022, 11:09:28 AM »
If I don't eat and and have caffeine that morning I usually get shaky/not feeling right. No way I could go three days not eating and still workout.
I lied.. just did this, kind of invigorating. drank 2 liters a day (plus additional water) of 1t of potassium chloride, 1t of himalayan salt, 1t baking soda, 1t epsom salt. About the only times I'm hungry are at night when I'm not doing anything.

:confused:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: May 18, 2022, 11:21:13 AM »

:confused:
Stomach acid and supposed to help with muscle fatigue

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: May 18, 2022, 11:27:22 AM »

intrigued by this. i've been doing some IF. never more than ~23 hours, but am often surprised at how not-miserable i am toward the end of the fast.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: May 18, 2022, 01:42:00 PM »

intrigued by this. i've been doing some IF. never more than ~23 hours, but am often surprised at how not-miserable i am toward the end of the fast.

Was only the first morning and third day that I struggled otherwise really wasn't that bad. Kinda just felt like I needed a reset button pushed and this did it imo.