Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328549 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #3800 on: April 04, 2022, 02:51:43 PM »
If I don't eat and and have caffeine that morning I usually get shaky/not feeling right. No way I could go three days not eating and still workout.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: April 04, 2022, 06:50:37 PM »
Hey y'all, new to the thread. While I have always worked out, I have now started on the same journey as TBT. I am starting the process of getting this pandemic weight off and then some. I've done some kind of physical activity 12 out of the last 14 days, and my body isn't loving it, but I'm trying to develop habits. The diet has been a great deal better too, no more trashcanning thread for me :bawl:

I was watching jomboy videos one night and he had an ad for Noom Weight, and I looked into it to see what it was, next thing I know I am paying $200 for something I knew very little about. Before I continue here, I will say that Noom Weight is a complete rip off. They say that it isn't a diet, but it's exactly a diet. You have to log everything you eat and weigh in everyday. I will give Noom some credit for kickstarting this, but it's more about me not wanting to waste the $200 I spent on a complete whim, from watching comedy sports videos. Now working from home has really been the biggest benefit for me. I just hammer fruits and I cook my lunch everyday. I will not continue my noom membership when it expires in June. I was 294 on March 18th, I am 284 right now and will likely be around 282 tomorrow. By the end of the day, I will be well below 1500 calories consumed but I will be over 2000 calories burned, headed out now for my second session of tennis of the day. I am looking to be at around 260 by late June. I normally burn 20+ lbs during summer camp, but I don't think I will get all the way down to 240, 250 would be lit.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: April 05, 2022, 09:23:18 AM »
Hey y'all, new to the thread. While I have always worked out, I have now started on the same journey as TBT. I am starting the process of getting this pandemic weight off and then some. I've done some kind of physical activity 12 out of the last 14 days, and my body isn't loving it, but I'm trying to develop habits. The diet has been a great deal better too, no more trashcanning thread for me :bawl:

I was watching jomboy videos one night and he had an ad for Noom Weight, and I looked into it to see what it was, next thing I know I am paying $200 for something I knew very little about. Before I continue here, I will say that Noom Weight is a complete rip off. They say that it isn't a diet, but it's exactly a diet. You have to log everything you eat and weigh in everyday. I will give Noom some credit for kickstarting this, but it's more about me not wanting to waste the $200 I spent on a complete whim, from watching comedy sports videos. Now working from home has really been the biggest benefit for me. I just hammer fruits and I cook my lunch everyday. I will not continue my noom membership when it expires in June. I was 294 on March 18th, I am 284 right now and will likely be around 282 tomorrow. By the end of the day, I will be well below 1500 calories consumed but I will be over 2000 calories burned, headed out now for my second session of tennis of the day. I am looking to be at around 260 by late June. I normally burn 20+ lbs during summer camp, but I don't think I will get all the way down to 240, 250 would be lit.

yeah, all of these things are a scam for lazy people. They convince you that they have some magic formula that will make you lose weight if you give them money. You can very easily google how to calculate your daily caloric intake to gain, maintain, or lose weight. None of it is rocket science, its just calories in calories out. Weighing and measuring is a huge PITA and takes effort. Some people don't need it and will estimate properly. Some have to do it because they will grab a handful of chocolate chips and say they had 3. My fitness pal is a great app to track if you are that person. If you need to pay someone to do things you can easily do yourself for free, I think weight watchers is the best. They use a number system that is based on exactly what I described above, but the number system seems to make it easier for people than looking at the actual number of calories.

Big congrats on your progress so far.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: April 05, 2022, 09:31:47 AM »
When I dropped my largest amount of weight, logging all the food really helped.  I agree that MyFitnessPal does this well enough for me for free so that could be your noom logging replacement if you're looking for one.  I don't like the logging, but it did force me to think more critically about what I was eating throughout the day.

The tip that worked best for me at least was not to deprive yourself of really good food.  I'm going to quit if I can't have pork belly at a good restaurant.  I'm capable of avoiding fast food on the regular but trying to deprive myself of a really special meal is a recipe for disaster.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: April 05, 2022, 10:06:45 AM »
Definitely trying to be better on this, especially with being consistent. The only consistent thing I have done is run on Monday evenings, but I need to do more upper body/core to help keep more more overall in shape.

Next is trying to not let the weekends be such a black hole of food, alcohol, and poor sleep.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: April 05, 2022, 11:12:22 AM »
i don't think Noom is for me, but i do have 2 close friends that have had tremendous success with it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: April 05, 2022, 11:45:41 AM »
i don't think Noom is for me, but i do have 2 close friends that have had tremendous success with it.

I can definitely see how it could work for some when traditional diets like WW won't work, it's a complete different method, but at the end of the day it's still a diet and I wish they weren't dishonest about that.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: April 06, 2022, 08:54:31 AM »

I can definitely see how it could work for some when traditional diets like WW won't work, it's a complete different method, but at the end of the day it's still a diet and I wish they weren't dishonest about that.
Realistically, I think anything that sells itself as a weight loss vehicle is a "diet." 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: April 08, 2022, 01:27:17 PM »
30# back squat PR today  :emawkid: (my backsquat is pretty weak)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: April 08, 2022, 01:30:37 PM »
30# back squat PR today  :emawkid: (my backsquat is pretty weak)

What is a 30# back squat

I got a PR Deadlift today! Would have broken 400 but lost my grip and ran out of time

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3810 on: April 08, 2022, 01:32:47 PM »
30# heavier than my prior PR weight. Nice work, deadlift is another one I need to get better at

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: April 08, 2022, 01:39:08 PM »

Realistically, I think anything that sells itself as a weight loss vehicle is a "diet."

Sure. Just don't have an aggressive marketing campaign based on the idea that explicitly states your program isn't a diet.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: April 18, 2022, 11:08:02 AM »
i have become increasingly annoyed at people refusing to rack their weights at my gym, or putting the plates back in a place that doesn't make any sense. just throwing plates onto a machine, using, then leaving them on when they're done. is this just ignorance or willfully being a dick?

or am i just ocd..

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: April 18, 2022, 11:34:51 AM »
i have become increasingly annoyed at people refusing to rack their weights at my gym, or putting the plates back in a place that doesn't make any sense. just throwing plates onto a machine, using, then leaving them on when they're done. is this just ignorance or willfully being a dick?

or am i just ocd..

You’re right to be frustrated. All of those things are gym ethics violations.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: April 18, 2022, 11:46:39 AM »
That's super annoying. Also you cat's that can just go to the gym and workout by yourself.. I have no clue how you do it but good job.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: April 18, 2022, 12:33:34 PM »
Not a big free weight guy but that's unacceptable, and yeah, just basic gym ethics. All the rights to be annoyed by it. It's like cleaning the machine after you're done with the sanitizer. All those things take like 5 seconds to do.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: April 25, 2022, 08:35:03 AM »
that weekend weight gain is a bitch. gained six pounds between saturday morning and this morning, all because of eating out twice basically. i know it's just water but i don't like it!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: April 25, 2022, 08:44:44 AM »
that weekend weight gain is a bitch. gained six pounds between saturday morning and this morning, all because of eating out twice basically. i know it's just water but i don't like it!
Story of my life

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: April 25, 2022, 09:44:42 AM »
Since pandemic is over I’ve decided to lean out again.  Took me about 3 days to adjust to eating 75 grams of carbs or less a day but I think I’m over the hump and burning body fat as primary energy source now.   Eating enough protein is a major pain in my ass.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: April 25, 2022, 10:03:44 AM »
I know running becomes super pud once you get in a groove of doing it.. That being said I ran 2 miles Saturday and Sunday and I freaking hated it. Muscles are tight too.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: April 25, 2022, 10:09:26 AM »
I know running becomes super pud once you get in a groove of doing it.. That being said I ran 2 miles Saturday and Sunday and I freaking hated it. Muscles are tight too.

I just can't do it. I hate it more than any other workout I've ever done. I normally do my cardio via Peloton, but have been trying to do a bit of running and I just despise it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: April 25, 2022, 10:15:13 AM »

or am i just ocd..

If I see someone not putting their crap back, I'll say something to them.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: April 25, 2022, 10:16:03 AM »

I started tracking calories with myfitnesspal based on the recommendation of this blog and holy hell an IPA and a margarita can wreck your day.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: April 25, 2022, 10:16:52 AM »

I just can't do it. I hate it more than any other workout I've ever done. I normally do my cardio via Peloton, but have been trying to do a bit of running and I just despise it.

I can play basketball for three hours and jogging a mile will destroy me. It's wild and I also hate it, even though I'm sure doing it more would make me hate it less.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: April 25, 2022, 10:17:32 AM »
Also, I'll come out and say I hate wiping down weights. covid theater at its worst.