Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328391 times)

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #2750 on: October 07, 2016, 10:58:50 AM »
I need to gain weight and here you guys are rubbing your weight loss in my face.  :angry:

I would check out the ketogains facebook group/reddit page.  A lot of info there about people building muscle.  A lot of those folks compete in building and what not.  It's def not just for losing weight.  The founder looks like a body builder and has been keto for like 13 yrs.  It is a very scientific, fact based, approach. 

It really is a great group.  I'm glad you mentioned it earlier ITT. 
@mikec2w

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: October 07, 2016, 11:01:14 AM »
I need to gain weight and here you guys are rubbing your weight loss in my face.  :angry:

I would check out the ketogains facebook group/reddit page.  A lot of info there about people building muscle.  A lot of those folks compete in building and what not.  It's def not just for losing weight.  The founder looks like a body builder and has been keto for like 13 yrs.  It is a very scientific, fact based, approach.

(I would guess) keto probably doesn't jive with the several hundred pounds of lean game meat I hope to be eating in the next 6-9 months.  Maybe it does?

It certainly does, as long as you aren't adding a bunch of breading (carbs) to it.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: October 07, 2016, 11:05:23 AM »

(I would guess) keto probably doesn't jive with the several hundred pounds of lean game meat I hope to be eating in the next 6-9 months.  Maybe it does?

It certainly does, as long as you aren't adding a bunch of breading (carbs) to it.

I'm not big on bread.  I do love me some oatmeal and some fruits/veggies tho.  Most nights I have to eat a cup of dry oatmeal just to get my calories to where I want them to be.  I'm actually eating some right now.  And I actually like it (shame yourself thread material).

I was/am doing wetwillies mass gain thing and I think I upped my cal's too much, was gaining like 40% lean body mass / 60% fat, which was fine before elk trip but probably need to dial in more now.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: October 07, 2016, 11:12:04 AM »
i haven't stuck with keto like i had hoped :frown: i had a good couple months with it though and really do like it. i still don't ever buy bread/tortillas or anything like that, it's just tough to stay totally keto unless you're 100% devoted to it. beer and traveling for work are my main excuses :gocho:

the good news is i haven't gained weight and am still working out and feel good.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: October 07, 2016, 11:13:31 AM »
I really like oatmeal too, but don't miss not having it. 

you can have veggies and some fruits on keto.  The carbs you monitor are net carbs(carbs minus fiber).  When you start you keep that under 25g or so.  Once into it for a month or so, many ppl can increase that to 40-50g without it being a problem.  I eat a crap ton more veggies now than I ever have. 

The Big Train

« Reply #2755 on: October 07, 2016, 11:51:19 AM »
I eat bread and tortillas almost every single day.  Imagine what I could lose if I cut that out :gocho:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: October 07, 2016, 12:22:16 PM »
I eat bread and tortillas almost every single day.  Imagine what I could lose if I cut that out :gocho:

Do it....imagine how ripped you would get on keto.
@mikec2w

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2757 on: October 09, 2016, 10:59:35 AM »
Chicks dig keto dudes. Do it!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: October 10, 2016, 08:35:20 AM »
Did the Tough Mudder in Sedalia last weekend.  Completed my goal of running the whole thing.  Had a really good time. :billdance:

The Big Train

« Reply #2759 on: October 10, 2016, 12:47:31 PM »
I ended up giving it the weekend before I went to the Dr.  Just ice and not sleeping on that side seems to have helped. I may be cured! :thumbs:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: October 10, 2016, 12:49:28 PM »
In the future, if it is slight, one thing that really helps me work it out is the rowing machine.  When I do tweak my back or a nerve from RDLs or Squats or whatevs, rowing the next day for a good 20+ min at medium intensity always helps.  Its pretty great.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: October 20, 2016, 12:50:00 PM »
What to prove how smart you are?  Click on this clickbait thing!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: October 20, 2016, 01:08:19 PM »
Well this explains all the Nobel Laureate gym rats I know.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: October 20, 2016, 01:21:22 PM »
I easily know a dozen broscientists that are extremely advanced in their studies.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: October 20, 2016, 01:29:49 PM »
Aw man, just realized I should have said "Brobel Laureate."

Also, I never really thought about it, but can you physically measure intelligence? Like is there any correlation between IQ and brain cell count?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: October 20, 2016, 02:43:03 PM »
brobably

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #2767 on: January 03, 2017, 02:37:48 PM »
Guys.  I am Keto-ing as we speak.  Wish me luck!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: January 03, 2017, 02:42:20 PM »
Nice.  Where are you getting your macro stats?  I ask because the info I started with was much more of a technical medical keto diet, which can be negative if you don't need that for medical reasons.  I am on a modified keto diet now.  It focuses on the minimization of carbs and not the large quantity of fat.  If you are doing this to lose weight, this can be pretty important.

If you haven't looked in to it, check out Ketogains.com.  They have an ass load of really good info, a facebook group that is pretty great with very active mods for answering questions, a very good FAQ, and a really good macro calculator to dial you in on what macros you should be doing.  I highly recommend this.  I wish I knew about it from jump, rather than blindly feeling around through a bunch of medical sites and podcasts.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: January 03, 2017, 02:48:37 PM »
I actually started it back up today too after having been off of it for 4 or 5 months.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: January 03, 2017, 03:04:35 PM »
I have been eating at maintenance for almost a month.  Stuff I have read says its good to do that every so often and I thought it would be a much better way to make it through xmas time.  I rest to a deficit a few days ago.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #2771 on: January 03, 2017, 03:11:40 PM »
Nice.  Where are you getting your macro stats?  I ask because the info I started with was much more of a technical medical keto diet, which can be negative if you don't need that for medical reasons.  I am on a modified keto diet now.  It focuses on the minimization of carbs and not the large quantity of fat.  If you are doing this to lose weight, this can be pretty important.

If you haven't looked in to it, check out Ketogains.com.  They have an ass load of really good info, a facebook group that is pretty great with very active mods for answering questions, a very good FAQ, and a really good macro calculator to dial you in on what macros you should be doing.  I highly recommend this.  I wish I knew about it from jump, rather than blindly feeling around through a bunch of medical sites and podcasts.

I'm all over the place with my stats right now.  At this point I am trying to limit the carbs as best I can.  Currently dealing with the carb flu but I am hoping to power through that soon.  Lots of water weight lost (I have to pee every 30 minutes right now)

THanks for the heads up on ketogains.  I will check it out.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: January 03, 2017, 03:41:47 PM »
drink a powerade zero or some chicken broth to get over that flu crap.  no reason for that to happen unless you allow it to happen. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: January 04, 2017, 08:34:51 AM »
drink a powerade zero or some chicken broth to get over that flu crap.  no reason for that to happen unless you allow it to happen. 

Whenever I feel like crap, I take a couple beef bouillon cubes, dissolve them in hot water, and chug away. 
@mikec2w

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: January 04, 2017, 09:23:15 AM »
Wtf