Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328689 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #2725 on: October 06, 2016, 02:58:50 PM »
Yoga

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yes?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: October 06, 2016, 02:59:59 PM »
You rang

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: October 06, 2016, 04:00:47 PM »
Guys I feel old :frown:

Last Tuesday I played softball and we play 'you hit it you get it' on HR's.  So when I was going to get one the gate was locked and so I jumped the fence.  It's probably a good six feet drop and going over and back felt fine. 

Since then tho my right hip has been killing me.  The day after the game I woke up to it popping and it felt like an ice pick was stuck in it.  It keeps popping and kinda hurts to walk.  It's on the front inner part of my leg. 

My question is what can I do to make it stop popping and hurting?  Like are there some stretches or exercises that will make it heal faster?  I usually sleep on my right side, and that's the one I hurt, so it's been a pain in the ass.  Ideas?

Go to a chiropractor and have him reset your hips.  Sounds like a pinched nerve to me.
@mikec2w

The Big Train

« Reply #2728 on: October 06, 2016, 04:03:52 PM »

Last Tuesday I played softball and we play 'you hit it you get it' on HR's.  So when I was going to get one the gate was locked and so I jumped the fence.  It's probably a good six feet drop and going over and back felt fine. 

Since then tho my right hip has been killing me.  The day after the game I woke up to it popping and it felt like an ice pick was stuck in it.  It keeps popping and kinda hurts to walk.  It's on the front inner part of my leg. 

My question is what can I do to make it stop popping and hurting?  Like are there some stretches or exercises that will make it heal faster?  I usually sleep on my right side, and that's the one I hurt, so it's been a pain in the ass.  Ideas?

Go to a chiropractor and have him reset your hips.  Sounds like a pinched nerve to me.

That's probably the best thing to do.  It actually has gotten worst just today.  Was hoping to just ride it out but eff it hurts. :frown:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: October 06, 2016, 04:17:10 PM »

That's probably the best thing to do.  It actually has gotten worst just today.  Was hoping to just ride it out but eff it hurts. :frown:

Postier Chiropractic helped my back and ankle with separate issues.  My wife has hip problems and he has fixed that too.

The Big Train

« Reply #2730 on: October 06, 2016, 04:18:51 PM »

Postier Chiropractic helped my back and ankle with separate issues.  My wife has hip problems and he has fixed that too.

:thumbs:

My back has been hurting too so could probably knock out two birds with one stone.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: October 06, 2016, 04:21:13 PM »
  My wife has hip problems and he has fixed that too.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: October 06, 2016, 04:25:44 PM »
  My wife has hip problems and he has fixed that too.

I was waiting for that one

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: October 06, 2016, 04:51:04 PM »
Get better soon tbt
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: October 06, 2016, 05:14:32 PM »
GUYS I HIT A HOME RUN IN SOFTBALL

over the fence?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: October 06, 2016, 05:25:13 PM »
"You hit it, you get it" would be a great rule for MLB.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: October 07, 2016, 09:12:49 AM »
Keto update -

Down about 40 lbs since the end of May.  I've been crazy busy with work and kids stuff and haven't done any working out other than just normal work around the house.  I am pretty sure there will be a point where the weight loss will stall and I will have to start a workout regimen in order to keep going.  So far it is pretty great.
@mikec2w

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: October 07, 2016, 09:18:05 AM »
Keto update -

Down about 40 lbs since the end of May.  I've been crazy busy with work and kids stuff and haven't done any working out other than just normal work around the house.  I am pretty sure there will be a point where the weight loss will stall and I will have to start a workout regimen in order to keep going.  So far it is pretty great.
that's awesome, you didn't change anything else such as your diet or drinking habits?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: October 07, 2016, 09:26:53 AM »
Keto update -

that's awesome, you didn't change anything else such as your diet or drinking habits?

Diet was the huge change (http://www.bodybuilding.com/content/in-depth-look-at-ketogenic-diets-and-ketosis.html).  Also, with boozin' I only drink Tito's either on the rocks with a lime or mixed with LaCroix sparking water.
@mikec2w

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: October 07, 2016, 09:29:46 AM »
that's awesome, good work! are you worried about the holidays though  :ohno:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: October 07, 2016, 09:31:33 AM »
Not really, it's pretty easy on the food side of things.  The worst part is not being able to enjoy delicious Tallgrass brews.   :cry:
@mikec2w

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: October 07, 2016, 09:31:39 AM »
kick ass, c2w :thumbs:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: October 07, 2016, 10:08:50 AM »
Awesome, XT.  Keto is great.  I am down 35 since April, and 60 since last Sept.  My lifts have all gone up during that time as well, and the best part is it doesn't feel like a diet at all. 

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: October 07, 2016, 10:11:18 AM »
I am down 35 since April, and 60 since last Sept.  My lifts have all gone up during that time as well
:sdeek: that doesn't even sound possible.. good work

The Big Train

« Reply #2744 on: October 07, 2016, 10:25:00 AM »
I'm down like 20 pounds and I just don't eat out as much

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: October 07, 2016, 10:26:04 AM »
I need to gain weight and here you guys are rubbing your weight loss in my face.  :angry:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: October 07, 2016, 10:26:54 AM »
I can get you to gain weight bud
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: October 07, 2016, 10:27:29 AM »
Thanks.

I don't know if it would be possible on the old diet.  Keto is supposedly naturally muscle sparing.  Recomposition is supposedly a much slower process than simply losing weight, but I would rather recomp and get used to the way of eating as well as my work out regimen vs focusing on one thing, then changing again later.  This way, all I have to do is adjust my macros/calories once I hit my goal BF%.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: October 07, 2016, 10:31:22 AM »
I need to gain weight and here you guys are rubbing your weight loss in my face.  :angry:

I would check out the ketogains facebook group/reddit page.  A lot of info there about people building muscle.  A lot of those folks compete in building and what not.  It's def not just for losing weight.  The founder looks like a body builder and has been keto for like 13 yrs.  It is a very scientific, fact based, approach. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: October 07, 2016, 10:57:56 AM »

I would check out the ketogains facebook group/reddit page.  A lot of info there about people building muscle.  A lot of those folks compete in building and what not.  It's def not just for losing weight.  The founder looks like a body builder and has been keto for like 13 yrs.  It is a very scientific, fact based, approach.

(I would guess) keto probably doesn't jive with the several hundred pounds of lean game meat I hope to be eating in the next 6-9 months.  Maybe it does?