Author Topic: felix rex moves to Cairo  (Read 257559 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #2925 on: May 19, 2016, 10:18:24 AM »
CNN quoted someone saying that it is much more likely that it was terrorism than mech failure.

Also, KC local news just said that France confirmed it crashed.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: May 19, 2016, 10:22:02 AM »
That it happened "at crusing speed and altitude" seemed to make a lot of sirens go off.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: May 19, 2016, 10:27:22 AM »
Maybe the guy who had his scooter wedged in the aircraft door dropped it and it hit a wing or something?  Either that or maybe the body of the airplane tied off on top of this airplane shifted and sent the aerodynamics completely out of whack?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: May 19, 2016, 10:32:02 AM »
CNN quoted someone saying that it is much more likely that it was terrorism than mech failure.

Egypt's own minister of civil aviation said the same.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: May 19, 2016, 10:39:21 AM »
Maybe the guy who had his scooter wedged in the aircraft door dropped it and it hit a wing or something?  Either that or maybe the body of the airplane tied off on top of this airplane shifted and sent the aerodynamics completely out of whack?

It was probably the broken down plane that they strapped on top of this plane.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: May 19, 2016, 01:32:08 PM »
:lol:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: May 19, 2016, 03:42:38 PM »
CNN saying wreckage found.  No survivors found so far. 

Evidently our govt thinks it was a bomb.  Makes you wonder what we have watching that region that gives us that info when those immediately neighboring the site don't have that info.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: May 19, 2016, 04:25:20 PM »
now saying the debris is not this plane

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: May 19, 2016, 04:33:12 PM »

So there is another set of blown up plane debris just lying around?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: May 20, 2016, 02:13:13 AM »

So there is another set of blown up plane debris just lying around?

Egypt's northern coast is a launching point for tons of refugees trying to get to Europe (mostly Italy). So there's all kinds of debris and life jackets floating around out there. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: May 20, 2016, 08:53:20 AM »
Well now they did find stuff, oil slick, body part.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: May 23, 2016, 12:41:29 AM »
Current most popular theories among Egyptians:

1) Israel did it, using recent training exercises as a cover
2) ISIS did it, taking advantage of of weak French security and everyone should ban flights to France (this one is a little vindictive)
3) Turkey did it. We're not sure how, but it sure as eff just seems like something those bad person Ottomans would do.
4) The U.S. did it, because 1999 Egypt Air crash
5) A "western power" did it using new EMP weapons because that's just the sort of thing we believe around here.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: May 28, 2016, 09:50:39 AM »
Random fun Egypt fact: Alcohol sales are mostly prohibited during Ramadan. So every year, the state-owned company that controls all alcohol sales (delightfully called "Drinkies") sends out a text a week before reminding you not to "forget to order your Ramadan stock!"

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: May 28, 2016, 11:03:41 AM »
Get me a Drinkies hat/shirt please

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: May 28, 2016, 11:04:16 AM »
Also please get me on the Drinkies text list

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: May 28, 2016, 11:06:40 AM »
An episode centered around your driver or someone stocking up at Drinkies for Ramadan would be fantastic.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: May 28, 2016, 12:07:52 PM »
If the shipping wasn't impossible, I would donate an entire array of Drinkies brand liquor for fatty fest*.  They even make their own rum. Iiiiiiits terrible.

*i would also forget to ship it even if it was possible.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: May 28, 2016, 12:10:13 PM »

Like everything else in Egypt, Drinkies delivers. So you can just call and have a dude on a scooter bring you a liter of booze or a six pack of various weird Egyptian beers and Smirnoff Ice knock-offs (these are very popular with the high school kids).

Maybe they have gear? If so, I'll see if I can find some and maybe donate it for the fatty auction*

*same rules apply

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: May 28, 2016, 12:14:15 PM »
An episode centered around your driver or someone stocking up at Drinkies for Ramadan would be fantastic.

Drinkies is mostly for expats and poor Egyptians. The rich Egyptians buy their Western booze on the black market. Which is like an actual physical location in downtown Cairo. I had a friend take me there because I was intrigued. A liter of Jack goes for 80-100 dollars. (Oddly, even more than whatever color is expensive Johnny Walker, Jack is the brand of choice for rich young Egyptians that want to show off).

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: May 28, 2016, 12:30:27 PM »

Like everything else in Egypt, Drinkies delivers. So you can just call and have a dude on a scooter bring you a liter of booze or a six pack of various weird Egyptian beers and Smirnoff Ice knock-offs (these are very popular with the high school kids).

Maybe they have gear? If so, I'll see if I can find some and maybe donate it for the fatty auction*

*same rules apply

Introduce bros icing bros before you leave.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: May 28, 2016, 01:18:16 PM »

*same rules apply

You obvsly need need introduce merchandising to that developing country.  Money to be made.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: May 28, 2016, 01:18:40 PM »

Drinkies is mostly for expats and poor Egyptians. The rich Egyptians buy their Western booze on the black market. Which is like an actual physical location in downtown Cairo. I had a friend take me there because I was intrigued. A liter of Jack goes for 80-100 dollars. (Oddly, even more than whatever color is expensive Johnny Walker, Jack is the brand of choice for rich young Egyptians that want to show off).
Yes!

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: June 02, 2016, 12:38:09 AM »
Egypt's highest religious authority just issued a fatwa equating Trump to ISIS.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: June 28, 2016, 12:51:55 PM »
Back in DC living that airBnB life. AMA this week to close this thread down?

Preemptive answer to KatKid: 2015 FF auction items are now officially in country.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: June 28, 2016, 01:35:13 PM »
Egypt's highest religious authority just issued a fatwa equating Trump to ISIS.

It astounds me how much other countries, even meaningless countries like Egypt, are concerned with the U.S.