Author Topic: crap I'm going to miss about Fats  (Read 48305 times)

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
crap I'm going to miss about Fats
« Reply #175 on: March 04, 2012, 11:07:08 PM »
6:12 pm. You are standing in a PACKED LCBS stadium.

We defer the ball, kickoff, and it's 5 yards into the eku endzone. Jarrod Smith, their junior wr from san francisco community college, decides to bring it out (a couple of fans in the student section egged him on) he brings it out and meeting him at the 9 yard line is a wild alec herbec with more momentum than a proton in an accelerator thingy. Herbec destroys him and the crowd just goes nuts.

Then, the PA announcer signals the defense on the field and out runs out the lynch mob of 2011. You cannot hold you excitement so you turn around, and scream for everyone to go "OOOHHHHHHHAAAAA"

and you know what? at least 20 % of those people join in. And twenty percent ain't bad.

Oh god.... ;(

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
crap I'm going to miss about Fats
« Reply #176 on: March 04, 2012, 11:50:56 PM »
I'm gonna miss bbs'ing.

It's all changed because of him and now it'll never be the same.

I'll also miss bbs'ing in another sense.  I'll miss goEMAW..... Let me explain. I was introduced to cats bbs'ing through someone else, but things fatty would do are what got me addicted. I checked fans/goEMAW hoping to see fatty posts, (among other things, of course) but I realized today that, about the time I figured out that I really would see less fatty posts, the less I would check this site. And it happened less. And less. And less.

It doesn't sound right saying it out loud, but I feel like I might only come back to relive it all with posts like these.

Goodbye, fats. Goodbye, bbs'ing.

:(

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: crap I'm going to miss about Fats
« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2012, 07:07:46 AM »
It has been hard to explain to my wife my feelings the last couple of days.  She has met Shwan and would be in aiport pics I sent him but she saw it as more acquaintances than friends.  I only saw Shwan face to face a few times a year.  We would text back and forth but we never spoke on the phone.  When she saw how upset I was the first thing she asked was when the last time I spoke to him was.  I told her I spoke to him almost every day for the last 7 years. 

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2012, 07:26:05 AM »
It has been hard to explain to my wife my feelings the last couple of days.  She has met Shwan and would be in aiport pics I sent him but she saw it as more acquaintances than friends.  I only saw Shwan face to face a few times a year.  We would text back and forth but we never spoke on the phone.  When she saw how upset I was the first thing she asked was when the last time I spoke to him was.  I told her I spoke to him almost every day for the last 7 years.

Yep

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: crap I'm going to miss about Fats
« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2012, 07:54:10 AM »

Yeah, I notice lots of folks saying, "I feel like I knew him even though we never met." You know what? You DID know him.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2012, 08:01:20 AM »

I know how you feel.  I was trying to explain this to my girlfriend but it is sort of difficult when you have an alter ego or something that personifies you a bit to others via an online community.  I feel so much loss right now.  I was fully expecting the "phillips 66" posts this week much like the "dr. pepper" posts.  Even bevo hangs his head if you see the shaggybevo threads. 
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2012, 11:36:51 AM »
ttt

cu, boulder lols

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2012, 11:41:13 AM »
I told her I spoke to him almost every day for the last 7 years. 

Yes, this. And I never met him or spoke to him off the boards a single time (that goes for all of you, except Saul), but it has definitely put a cloud over the last couple days for me.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2012, 11:48:53 AM »
I told her I spoke to him almost every day for the last 7 years. 

Yes, this. And I never met him or spoke to him off the boards a single time (that goes for all of you, except Saul), but it has definitely put a cloud over the last couple days for me.

Yep. Didn't know him at all but I've been reading his posts since 2003.
emaw

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2012, 11:50:53 AM »
I'm gonna miss bbs'ing.

I'll also miss bbs'ing in another sense.  I'll miss goEMAW..... Let me explain. I was introduced to cats bbs'ing through someone else, but things fatty would do are what got me addicted. I checked fans/goEMAW hoping to see fatty posts, (among other things, of course) but I realized today that, about the time I figured out that I really would see less fatty posts, the less I would check this site. And it happened less. And less. And less.

It doesn't sound right saying it out loud, but I feel like I might only come back to relive it all with posts like these.

Not completely sure, but I feel like Fatty wouldn't want this   :dunno:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2012, 12:19:39 PM »
I'm gonna miss bbs'ing.

Not completely sure, but I feel like Fatty wouldn't want this   :dunno:

yeah, fatty wouldn't want that. fatty would want us all to help pick up the mantle and carry this thing forward. there will never be another fatty but there will be more legendary posters to come - and we need to provide the bbs'ing environment to help young EMAWs realize their full bbs potential.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 05, 2012, 01:20:04 PM »
I never met F3, I always wondered who the other person in the Wabash video was. I always assumed it was _Fan and I have no idea why. Before I ever made my way over to goEMAW, I used to watch all of Fatty's videos on youtube and it made me very happy that someone took the time to make them. It really made me very very very very very happy to watch them. I am sad that there will no longer be anymore videos from him. I have been reading all of the posts that various people have made about him and restrained commenting because I needed time to think about what I would say. I didn't want to throw up a casual T&Ps, though it would have been heartfelt, I knew that Fatty deserved better. I actually haven't cried about his passing until this moment right now. It made me sad to see someone that had such a huge impact on so many gone so soon. Last night I typed in 'fatty4ksu' into google and saw so many pages filled with results of places he was a member online. I don't know how he did it, but to stay involved in so much, in so many places, is extremely admirable. I always saw some threads on other team's pages with dedications to him. I think what struck me more than the fact that there were threads, is that I didn't see one comment from an bad person saying anything negative. I think that says the most about F3. In a world full of edgy, cruel, and downright hurtful posts in the bbs world. No one made one. With all of the negative things said about people that pass, and for no one to say anything bad about him on rival boards, says it all to me. I'll be honest, there were times that F3's really upbeat and happy threads/posts really pissed me off. I'm not always a happy person, and now that he is gone, I reflect on what made me so angry at times about his posts. He was a truly happy person, spreading sunshine and greatness on all those around him, those that he didn't even know. I realized that my anger came not as his posts, but as his being what I always want to be. He got respect and attention in the best way possible, he did great works, carried himself well, and even with the anonymity of the net, he never forgot who he was. His real life persona was truly shown while bbs'n.

I never met this man, and didn't always love his posts, but looking back I know the fault lied with me and the jealousy that I had for his joy. I once heard that the measure of love is in loss. If I see you again F3, I will tell you that though your love was once lost on me, I thank you for doing all that you could to be the type of person that I've always wanted to be. I want to thank you for all that you've done for the EMAW community. I want you to know that I will forever miss your posts on here. You are a great man and you were taken too soon. You're great life has moved us all, like a tide by the moon.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 05, 2012, 01:22:39 PM »
oh man, I am going to go through some of his tigerboard posts. He loved 111-56 so much.

http://old.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=7227219

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 05, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »
oh man, I am going to go through some of his tigerboard posts. He loved 111-56 so much.

:love:  That was the earliest EMAW basketball game that I remember going to.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 05, 2012, 01:30:09 PM »
He really thrived w/ the antiquated format of tigerboard:

Quote from: fatty
I am the best ksu message board poster ever

Do you know who I am?

http://old.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=8540513

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 05, 2012, 02:10:58 PM »
he once sent me a brag pic of about 5 cookies he got for free on a flight.  going through his airpot pics the other day, this one made me laugh a lot.

He titled it, "Hot piece of ass!"

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 05, 2012, 02:21:17 PM »

:love:  That was the earliest EMAW basketball game that I remember going to.

Me too.  Was with my older bro who was in college at the time, think i was in junior high.  Remember when the game was well out of hand we sat down and watched the rest of the game from the top of the student section (the student section was probably only half full if that to start the game).  Fatty probably wouldn't have sat down.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 05, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »
I remember thinking a few months ago that in a few years, when something really special happens, that fatty would come out of video retirement and give us something that would just blow us away again.  Sucks.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 05, 2012, 06:50:32 PM »
he once sent me a brag pic of about 5 cookies he got for free on a flight.

found it. comment included was, "HAHAHAHA!"

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 05, 2012, 06:52:39 PM »
532-DUNK

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 05, 2012, 06:55:46 PM »
You know why else I want to win?

So good people can be happy. Just for a day.

Because good people deserve good things. Even if just for a day.

This is seriously the most inspirational quote ever. Transcends :love: and  :bawl: at the same time

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 05, 2012, 06:56:50 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile