Author Topic: crap I'm going to miss about Fats  (Read 48290 times)

Offline Dr. tylerhughes

• Fan
  • HEY!!!
    • View Profile
Re: crap I'm going to miss about Fats
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2012, 09:24:02 PM »
Was heckling Michael Crabtree in the 58-28 dismantling of the katz in 2008 by calling him "CRABStree" among other things...

There weren't too many students left after Harrel threw his 6th td of the day, so fatty (didn't know who he was at the time) made his way down to the front row with us.  Immediately told me "hey I think his name is Crabtree, Crabtree, just Crabtree."

Looking back - that makes me smile

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2012, 09:26:24 PM »
miami 2nd week is awesome. getting KU after beating OU will be fun. Damn, what a hard but exciting looking schedule.

ISWT
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2012, 09:30:01 PM »
I am pretty sure fatty is the reason for emaw being so widely said now. Started from cat chat boards on gopowercat forever ago.  Calling the Wildcats the "emaws", "I'm gonna emaw so hard" etc.  He truly is the greatest.

Yep, he pretty much deserves all the credit.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2012, 09:48:44 PM »
I always enjoyed it when he berated me. 

I remember I asked him for some screen shots from a football game with Texas a few years ago, and about 48 hours later I had them.

:cry:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2012, 09:56:44 PM »
Devastating...it's hard for me to type all this, but:

I first met trips at this game: http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=253272306

We (my wife, tortuga, trips) were about 4 or 5 rows up in the student section in a more than half empty Bramlage coliseum. We were losing at halftime but we persevered. There was a New Mexico fan that was standing behind us that trips talked mad crap on after the game, it was actually pretty awkward. During halftime I was chosen for a pumpkin pie eating contest and trips was my biggest fan in the crowd.

After victory was assured, we started this KSU chant, which was immortalized by him here:

[
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2012, 10:14:41 PM »
coach Mark M :frown:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2012, 10:18:36 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2012, 11:56:12 PM »
I hope, we win.

(i f*cked up the comma, didn't i?)  :frown:

loved these.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2012, 11:58:59 PM »
I'll never forget and will always miss him apologizing to Pete for Pete's unfortunate birthday.

When he first learned that I had a bunch of games on tape, I got a PM from him on whatever board we were on at the time, asking me what I had.  My idiotic reply of something along the lines of "a bunch of games on tape" aggravated him, and he asked me to list my entire "catalog." 

Eventually we had an arrangement of me shipping/bringing him boxes of VHS tapes, which he'd work through to supplement his library and eventually convert to DVD for me.  Of course, one time he shipped the latest batch of DVDs to my office "ATTN: Trim", which was awkward.  I still have a box of fff-brand DVDs spanning a decade of EMAW games all with his customized DVD covers made on his home printer. 

I think my first extended time hanging out with him was at the spring game where KSU had a "garage sale" in the indoor training facility.  I got to observe his giddiness over the table of old $1 game DVDs, and him filling up a laundry bag that KSU was using as shopping bags with them.  It made me happy.

Last time hanging out with him was in Manhattan for the OSU football game at Houlihan's.  Despite it being a place where people who didn't care about football went for dinner to escape EMAW, fatty and tortuga turned it into the most raucous sports bar in town that night, even making me give a crap about OBz and his football team for one night that season.  We all then went to aggieville, fatty still in his sweatpants, not giving a eff.

He'd PM me relentlessly about cancer and what he could do or say to make things better for his brother, to the point where I was hearing about cancer so much that I got it in my head that I had it again and had to go to the doctor for confirmation I was fine.

He made me laugh a lot over the years and he made me cry today.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2012, 12:01:22 AM »
Of course, one time he shipped the latest batch of DVDs to my office "ATTN: Trim", which was awkward. 

:lol:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2012, 12:13:27 AM »
I'll never forget and will always miss him apologizing to Pete for Pete's unfortunate birthday.

When he first learned that I had a bunch of games on tape, I got a PM from him on whatever board we were on at the time, asking me what I had.  My idiotic reply of something along the lines of "a bunch of games on tape" aggravated him, and he asked me to list my entire "catalog." 

Eventually we had an arrangement of me shipping/bringing him boxes of VHS tapes, which he'd work through to supplement his library and eventually convert to DVD for me.  Of course, one time he shipped the latest batch of DVDs to my office "ATTN: Trim", which was awkward.  I still have a box of fff-brand DVDs spanning a decade of EMAW games all with his customized DVD covers made on his home printer. 

I think my first extended time hanging out with him was at the spring game where KSU had a "garage sale" in the indoor training facility.  I got to observe his giddiness over the table of old $1 game DVDs, and him filling up a laundry bag that KSU was using as shopping bags with them.  It made me happy.

Last time hanging out with him was in Manhattan for the OSU football game at Houlihan's.  Despite it being a place where people who didn't care about football went for dinner to escape EMAW, fatty and tortuga turned it into the most raucous sports bar in town that night, even making me give a crap about OBz and his football team for one night that season.  We all then went to aggieville, fatty still in his sweatpants, not giving a eff.

He'd PM me relentlessly about cancer and what he could do or say to make things better for his brother, to the point where I was hearing about cancer so much that I got it in my head that I had it again and had to go to the doctor for confirmation I was fine.

He made me laugh a lot over the years and he made me cry today.

What an EMAW hero.  I only wish I could've gotten one of the game DVDs he made that he considered "pathetic" that had so many different commentary options on them.

:cry:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2012, 12:15:41 AM »
I'm going to have to watch my fatty-produced 59-55 DVD tonight or tomorrow. That game was a pinnacle for fats...and such a great production. Even has the Bob Davis radio track on it for your enjoyment.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2012, 12:27:55 AM »
i remember ku week january 08 on ksufans. beems and co. were talking trash, and fatty said something like "neckbrace fracked you guys" with so much confidence and crap.. it was like, yeah, you might be undefeated and have a quarter century streak going, but we have beas and walker, it's a no-brainer - we are gonna kick your ass. my gosh i loved it.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2012, 12:29:52 AM »
Logging into a random cpu at Hale and going to a ksu bbs (prob original kstatefans,etc) and finding fff was still logged in.  The politely logging out and logging in under my own name.  This happened a lot.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2012, 12:54:24 AM »
I'm going to have to watch my fatty-produced 59-55 DVD tonight or tomorrow. That game was a pinnacle for fats...and such a great production. Even has the Bob Davis radio track on it for your enjoyment.

My goodness.  I have got to see that. For a bunch of different reasons, but especially for the Bob Davis track. What an artist.

Another reason I loved FFF was that he would spell crap all weird just for the hell of it (like "2maro"). And then he would often follow it with this guy: :D   FFF was crazy smart but would always have hilarious random misspellings of kinda-hard-but-not-too-hard words that I always figured he spelled wrong on purpose just because it made it look funnier. Same with random commas and apostrophes. And I'll always be grateful that he started this thread that provided me so many lols.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 12:56:12 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2012, 01:02:12 AM »
I loved his misspellings so much. Amazing how much a person you've never met can have such an effect on you. Do a Google search for fatty4ksu and you'll just smile at all the places he's registered.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2012, 01:02:37 AM »

My goodness.  I have got to see that. For a bunch of different reasons, but especially for the Bob Davis track. What an artist.

Another reason I loved FFF was that he would spell crap all weird just for the hell of it (like "2maro"). And then he would often follow it with this guy: :D   FFF was crazy smart but would always have hilarious random misspellings of kinda-hard-but-not-too-hard words that I always figured he spelled wrong on purpose just because it made it look funnier. Same with random commas and apostrophes. And I'll always be grateful that he started this thread that provided me so many lols.

fatty made this  :D

anyone that ever used this  :D used it because fatty made it cool

Offline Rumsfield

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2012, 01:12:13 AM »
 :combofan: what a beautifully earnest person  :combofan:

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2012, 01:31:59 AM »
can't sleep...nothing seems right

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2012, 01:48:54 AM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2012, 02:15:47 AM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2012, 02:18:31 AM »
awesome

https://www.facebook.com/groups/29925989514/

Quote from: Shwan Alkhatib
Holy shat! 10 members! Yes!

Be sure to take pics of you/minority friends @ ksu sporting events, and post them here!

And remember, look friendly! We are being judged!

Offline Special_k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2012, 02:33:32 AM »
FFF was the definition of EMAW. I knew him and his sister and brother. Great people all around. The best of people. Fatty loved Snyder and it's only poetic justice that this team last year went 10-3 the same year fatty passed away. There was no bigger K-Stater than fatty4ksu.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2012, 02:38:56 AM »
Quote from: Shwan Alkhatib
Are you a minority that has gone against the grain, and cheers wildly for KSU in a sport you've probably never played in?

When all of your white friends had parents that embraced KSU, did your parents openly hate you?

Do you secretly love the dirty looks you get from hicks when you refuse to take off your hat or talk during the national anthem? (just kidding, kind of)

If so, join this group. Be proud, KSU knows you're their pride and joy.

Also, didn't notice the full photo gallery at first.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/29925989514/photos/